Register

Tour de San Luis (2.1) Januari 21-27 (11 WT / 27 teams total)

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

28 Dec 2012 07:39

Some European races cant produce a parcours like that in May!! Looks superb for a January race, someone there knows how to put a race together!!
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

http://www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
User avatar Siriuscat

28 Dec 2012 08:03

TV production or just a couple of finish line cams?
Dazed and Confused

28 Dec 2012 11:22

it used to be broadcasted on fox and espn(I saw on youtube). with good images. don't know if it's still like that. usually in countries like argentina, chile, brazil and uruguay have very good production values with helicopters as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSryVQIcZro
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

28 Dec 2012 12:30

Ryo Hazuki wrote:it used to be broadcasted on fox and espn(I saw on youtube). with good images. don't know if it's still like that. usually in countries like argentina, chile, brazil and uruguay have very good production values with helicopters as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSryVQIcZro

thanks, this is the sort of thing we need. One hour live TV production from each stage broadcasted on Eurosport (and perhaps other places). The lineup and the parcours should get fans to the screen. Great for the race, the fans and the sponsors.
Dazed and Confused

28 Dec 2012 13:28

VDB2 will also be riding in San Luis.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

28 Dec 2012 13:32

is lotto invited there? that really sucks
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

28 Dec 2012 13:35

Ryo Hazuki wrote:is lotto invited there? that really sucks

Worried that Greipel will outclimb your South-Americans?
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

28 Dec 2012 13:44

El Pistolero wrote:Worried that Greipel will outclimb your South-Americans?

shall we make a bet how many south americans will outclimb jvdb? :o
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

28 Dec 2012 13:47

Ryo Hazuki wrote:shall we make a bet how many south americans will outclimb jvdb? :o

Shall we make a bet about how many South Americans will be outclimbed at the Tour?

User avatar El Pistolero

31 Dec 2012 13:13

Cav to lead OPQS as Boonen is out for medical reasons
snackattack

31 Dec 2012 13:31

San Luis might just have very comparable in terms of big names and strenght lineup too TdU. Nice :) Should be a great race.
Gloin22

31 Dec 2012 13:55

Gloin22 wrote:San Luis might just have very comparable in terms of big names and strenght lineup too TdU. Nice :) Should be a great race.

Comparable?

To Contador Purito Sagan Cav Nibali.?

:confused:
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

31 Dec 2012 14:01

The Hitch wrote:Comparable?

To Contador Purito Sagan Cav Nibali.?

:confused:

Gilbert, EBH, De Gendt, Andy Schleck, Greipel, Kittel, Gerrans, Goss, Gasparatto.

All big names that won major races last year ( except Andy :p )

San Luis has lots of stars, TdU too..
Gloin22

31 Dec 2012 14:28

Gloin22 wrote:Gilbert, EBH, De Gendt, Andy Schleck, Greipel, Kittel, Gerrans, Goss, Gasparatto.

Contador ain't just a star, don't be so disrespectul ;)

Btw Kittel a star? :o

Hitch forgot to mention Boonen or was it on purpose? I wonder...:D
User avatar Miburo

31 Dec 2012 14:31

Miburo wrote:Contador ain't just a star, don't be so disrespectul ;)

Btw Kittel a star? :o

Hitch forgot to mention Boonen or was it on purpose? I wonder...:D

Or it was because i read the post above Gloin's which said that Boonen is out for medical reasons. :rolleyes:
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

User avatar The Hitch

31 Dec 2012 14:34

The Hitch wrote:Or it was because i read the post above Gloin's which said that Boonen is out for medical reasons. :rolleyes:

Oh ****, what is he going to ride then?
User avatar Miburo

31 Dec 2012 14:36

Gloin22 wrote:Gilbert, EBH, De Gendt, Andy Schleck, Greipel, Kittel, Gerrans, Goss, Gasparatto.

What major race did Goss win? If you were thinking of Quebec sprint challenge -he lost that
[color="White"]and yes i know he won a stage of the giro cos cav crashed.[/color]

User avatar The Hitch

31 Dec 2012 15:44

Yes, indeed. Plenty of big guns to support two races.

Mountain stage racers in Argentina and uphill/flat stage sprinters in Australia. Ideal if we get the two shows on TV.
Dazed and Confused

31 Dec 2012 15:44

San Luis is becoming as dull as every race in Europe. I want to see the locals plus a few European teams, not half the riders of the Tour de Bore. I have to bear the sight of Contador, Cav and co. already February through October in every important race in Europe, I don't want to see them ruin small race abroad as well. :mad:
User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle

31 Dec 2012 15:45

The Hitch wrote:What major race did Goss win? If you were thinking of Quebec sprint challenge -he lost that
[color="White"]and yes i know he won a stage of the giro cos cav crashed.[/color]

lol, he did bag that sprinter classic in Italy.
Dazed and Confused

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing