Log in:  

Register

Tour de San Luis (2.1) Januari 21-27 (11 WT / 27 teams total)

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

31 Dec 2012 15:56

Dazed and Confused wrote:lol, he did bag that sprinter classic in Italy.


he came 15th
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,960
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

31 Dec 2012 16:00

Dazed and Confused wrote:lol, he did bag that sprinter classic in Italy.


The conversation is about 2012 isn't it? :o
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,915
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

31 Dec 2012 16:00

The Hitch wrote:he came 15th


hell, even Devolder landed a contract based on stuff he did years ago.

'11 MSR. One of the better versions of the race
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,305
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

31 Dec 2012 16:03

Miburo wrote:The conversation is about 2012 isn't it? :o


yes, missed that. Pardon Hitch.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,305
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

02 Jan 2013 00:48

J-Rod dispatched for lift off in this cannonball.

Non rocket science approach to figure out `to close to call´
snackattack
Junior Member
 
Posts: 472
Joined: 20 Mar 2012 09:57

02 Jan 2013 11:34

I demand equality! this thread must be a sticky too
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 21,148
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

02 Jan 2013 13:23

the profile seems a little similar to the ToC. I wonder what will sagan be able to get from it. From the profile, he could get to the finish in first group in at least 5 stages. Providing that the teams will catch the early escapes and Sagan is not in Argentina just for getting some km's after new year's celebration. I have read that he's been training pretty hard also during christmas around his home in Zilina. I might add that it was pretty horrible weather in Slovakia, snow, freezing rain, wind ... I truly cannot even imagine, how can someone sane go training outside on road bike to go on normal routes together with cars. He's either crazy or really devoted to get far more better this year compared to the last one. I can't wait til the season starts.
User avatar tomorrow
Junior Member
 
Posts: 510
Joined: 17 Mar 2012 16:18

02 Jan 2013 13:29

tomorrow wrote:the profile seems a little similar to the ToC. I wonder what will sagan be able to get from it. From the profile, he could get to the finish in first group in at least 5 stages. Providing that the teams will catch the early escapes and Sagan is not in Argentina just for getting some km's after new year's celebration. I have read that he's been training pretty hard also during christmas around his home in Zilina. I might add that it was pretty horrible weather in Slovakia, snow, freezing rain, wind ... I truly cannot even imagine, how can someone sane go training outside on road bike to go on normal routes together with cars. He's either crazy or really devoted to get far more better this year compared to the last one. I can't wait til the season starts.


He'll lose a lot of time in the mountain stages though
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 21,148
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

02 Jan 2013 14:15

LaFlorecita wrote:He'll lose a lot of time in the mountain stages though


well, I don't think he will go after overall. I think he will battle with Cavendish and Boonen likes in flat stages and in the finishes that are slightly uphill. I think there are only 2 uphill finishes that are to hard and to long for him to get to them in front. However he might easily win the other 5 stages and make all the people be complaining about how the race is boring, even though they have liked the profile at first. I don't say it will happen surely, but there is high probability of that providing he's already in something like 80 percent of his potential. Nobody will be there in their top form. Just look at the profile of the last ToC and you'll see what I mean.
User avatar tomorrow
Junior Member
 
Posts: 510
Joined: 17 Mar 2012 16:18

02 Jan 2013 14:59

LaFlorecita wrote:I demand equality! this thread must be a sticky too


I demand this race to become WT
Red Rick
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,086
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15
Location: The Netherlands

02 Jan 2013 16:34

tomorrow wrote:well, I don't think he will go after overall. I think he will battle with Cavendish and Boonen likes in flat stages and in the finishes that are slightly uphill. I think there are only 2 uphill finishes that are to hard and to long for him to get to them in front. However he might easily win the other 5 stages and make all the people be complaining about how the race is boring, even though they have liked the profile at first. I don't say it will happen surely, but there is high probability of that providing he's already in something like 80 percent of his potential. Nobody will be there in their top form. Just look at the profile of the last ToC and you'll see what I mean.


so Sagan cleaning up in Argentina. Boring? Perhaps, but we may never know if the organizer fails to deliver TV production.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,305
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

03 Jan 2013 05:52

LaFlorecita wrote:I demand equality! this thread must be a sticky too


We're posting in a dictatorship.
phanatic
Junior Member
 
Posts: 786
Joined: 16 Apr 2011 18:39

03 Jan 2013 06:01

LaFlorecita wrote:I demand equality! this thread must be a sticky too


Red Rick wrote:I demand this race to become WT


I demand a "decent broadcasting"-This races is becoming bigger & bigger every year to simply set for a "shambolic" feed:mad:

.... and I ain't talking about the TV broadcasting only- those folks in Argentina must learn how to narrate a damn race like my countrymen do: :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpmzG7l-3Oo
Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
Sun Tzu
User avatar hfer07
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,531
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 15:43

03 Jan 2013 07:18

Red Rick wrote:I demand this race to become WT


So we can have FDJ and Argos instead of the local teams that are in shape? Yeah.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,013
Joined: 27 Dec 2010 14:08

03 Jan 2013 08:06

will10 wrote:So we can have FDJ and Argos instead of the local teams that are in shape? Yeah.


I don't want Argos and FDJ in San LUIS they have no big climbers in their teams.I want Thibaut Pinot to leave FDJ next year.
calinmarian
Junior Member
 
Posts: 78
Joined: 03 Dec 2012 12:52

03 Jan 2013 09:49

calinmarian wrote:I don't want Argos and FDJ in San LUIS they have no big climbers in their teams.I want Thibaut Pinot to leave FDJ next year.


So what ? All best climbers need to be at Skys and Saxobanks of this world.... ?
Gloin22
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,758
Joined: 10 Apr 2011 11:45

03 Jan 2013 10:02

Gloin22 wrote:So what ? All best climbers need to be at Skys and Saxobanks of this world.... ?


That would be a disaster. We already have an imbalance. Pinot should definitely stay at FDJ and ride against the players from Saxo-Tinkoff/Sky.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,305
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

03 Jan 2013 15:26

Dazed and Confused wrote:so Sagan cleaning up in Argentina. Boring? Perhaps, but we may never know if the organizer fails to deliver TV production.


well, it wouldn't be boring for me even if he won all the stages as I am his fan, however I can understand the complaints about it from the other people that want some excitment in the finish, not just question who will be the second. Of course, if he's in Argentina too, this is not the question either. I would be Haussler :D
User avatar tomorrow
Junior Member
 
Posts: 510
Joined: 17 Mar 2012 16:18

03 Jan 2013 17:22

tomorrow wrote:well, it wouldn't be boring for me even if he won all the stages as I am his fan, however I can understand the complaints about it from the other people that want some excitment in the finish, not just question who will be the second. Of course, if he's in Argentina too, this is not the question either. I would be Haussler :D


so you see Cav just hanging around at the back on all the stages?
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,305
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

03 Jan 2013 20:01

Dazed and Confused wrote:so you see Cav just hanging around at the back on all the stages?


He did last time he raced in January.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,013
Joined: 27 Dec 2010 14:08

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AA_ESP, dusty red roads, Windsor1334 and 21 guests

Back to top