Log in:  

Register

Tour de San Luis (2.1) Januari 21-27 (11 WT / 27 teams total)

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

25 Jan 2013 17:16

Pentacycle wrote:And he gets beaten by Kwiatkowski and Santambrogio, that's even more shameful than being crushed by a couple of S-Americans.


What about Contador and Nibali ? lol... If you make a point, at least make a good one.
Gloin22
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,722
Joined: 10 Apr 2011 11:45

25 Jan 2013 17:18

El Pistolero wrote:Thanks for proving a point. Even in January, in his bad shape, JVDB is better than 99% of the South-Americans in their good shape.


99% of the south americans? :o maybe 2% of the south american pro riders are here, and virtually none of them colombian, who are great climbers, brazileans, argentineans, chileans etc mostly aren't great climbers, yet somone like diniz wins here. it says enough how disapointed the argentinean media were with how europeans rode.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,273
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

25 Jan 2013 17:32

Ryo Hazuki wrote:99% of the south americans? :o maybe 2% of the south american pro riders are here, and virtually none of them colombian, who are great climbers, brazileans, argentineans, chileans etc mostly aren't great climbers, yet somone like diniz wins here. it says enough how disapointed the argentinean media were with how europeans rode.


I'm obviously talking about the South-Americans in this race. The same ones you said were going to crush JVDB. Perhaps the Argentinean media doesn't realize it's only January.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,298
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

25 Jan 2013 17:43

Stage 5 status:
km 57 (de 170) primeros 130k en plano, luego montaña. Fuga: Hacecky y Emanuel Guevara, a 10´ de peloton

Looks like we will have a stage winner from the GC perhaps.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,014
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

25 Jan 2013 18:09

El Pistolero wrote:I'm obviously talking about the South-Americans in this race. The same ones you said were going to crush JVDB. Perhaps the Argentinean media doesn't realize it's only January.


where did I say that?
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,273
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

25 Jan 2013 18:53

18 minutes for the two escapees with 36k to go.
User avatar Lupetto
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,232
Joined: 08 Sep 2010 10:05

25 Jan 2013 19:05

18 minutes?????
Broom wagon legend.
User avatar metaCYCLE
Junior Member
 
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Apr 2010 15:39
Location: TM[RO]

25 Jan 2013 19:06

Lupetto wrote:18 minutes for the two escapees with 36k to go.


Interesting. Could be very difficult to get sufficient time back for QS.

Anybody with info on how much these two guys are back in the GC?

Edit:ah forget it.

139 Martin Hacecky (Cze) ASC Dukla Praha 0:27:38
148 Emmanuel Guevara (Arg) San Luis Somos Todos 0:34:19
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,014
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

25 Jan 2013 19:10

Ryo Hazuki wrote:where did I say that?


Ryo Hazuki wrote:shall we make a bet how many south americans will outclimb jvdb? :o


Well, the result is 1 (so far obviously)
burning
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,257
Joined: 29 Feb 2012 21:33

25 Jan 2013 19:17

So the winner will come from the break
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,721
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

25 Jan 2013 19:33

Guevara has dropped Hacecky easily. Peloton is at 13:30. 19k to go.
User avatar Lupetto
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,232
Joined: 08 Sep 2010 10:05

25 Jan 2013 19:48

Contador is doing something with Diaz :confused:

Contador y Dani Díaz tiran del pelotón mentras Guevara se queda la última meta de montaña y se encamina a ganar la etapa

Yeah I think Contador attacked :D
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,893
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

25 Jan 2013 19:50

Miburo wrote:Contador is doing something with Diaz :confused:

Contador y Dani Díaz tiran del pelotón mentras Guevara se queda la última meta de montaña y se encamina a ganar la etapa

Yeah I think Contador attacked :D


He's attacked ?

Well he's at the front anyway.

That's my cue to stop studying and head off to rrrrrrrrrradio popular.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,287
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

25 Jan 2013 19:52

The Hitch wrote:He's attacked ? :D

That's my cue to stop studying and head off to rrrrrrrrrradio popular.


Yeah he attacked, it's confirmed, I think :D

How can you not like this guy? ;)

Can you link the radio pop?
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,893
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

25 Jan 2013 19:53

Miburo wrote:Yeah he attacked, it's confirmed!

How can you not like this guy? ;)

Can you link the radio pop?


http://www.radiopopularsanluis.com.ar/

Well something is happening. The commentators sound excited

Who confirmed he attacked?
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,287
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

25 Jan 2013 19:53

Miburo wrote:Yeah he attacked, it's confirmed!

How can you not like this guy? ;)

Can you link the radio pop?


Dafuq?! :confused: oh well :D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,721
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

25 Jan 2013 19:54

The Hitch wrote:http://www.radiopopularsanluis.com.ar/

Well something is happening. The commentators sound excited

Who confirmed he attacked?


this dude on twitter but i'm not 100% sure

Dorsal 51 ‏@Dorsal51
Confirmamos que Díaz y Contador tiran del pelotón. A unos 10 minutos de Guevara. #TourSanLuis
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,893
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

25 Jan 2013 19:54

LaFlorecita wrote:Dafuq?! :confused: oh well :D


motoman has lost his voice he is so excited.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,287
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

25 Jan 2013 19:57

Miburo wrote:this dude on twitter but i'm not 100% sure

Dorsal 51 ‏@Dorsal51
Confirmamos que Díaz y Contador tiran del pelotón. A unos 10 minutos de Guevara. #TourSanLuis


no tirar el peloton apparently means to pull it. So hes at the front. It doesnt mean he attacked.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,287
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

25 Jan 2013 19:58

9 a meta, Guevara (SLS) con 3:43" a Hacecky (ADP) y 4:50" a Diaz (SLS)

:eek:
User avatar Lupetto
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,232
Joined: 08 Sep 2010 10:05

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bronstein, Brullnux, Carols, DDavies, dubexcalibur, escartin, Eshnar, Hugo Koblet, ILovecycling, JRTK73, LosBrolin, Maaaaaaaarten, meat puppet, Metabolol, Moose McKnuckles, Mr.White, mufana, nuvolablu, pink_jersey, Red Rick, Rollthedice, SafeBet, Sasquatch, skyway99, staubsauger, sulgpallur, Taxus4a, tomazo, TourOfSardinia, UselessToo, Von Mises, Wergeland, WheelofGear, wirral, zlev11 and 109 guests

Back to top