Register

Who is next to dominate GT's?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

14 Dec 2012 23:10

I am hoping there will be a battle royale between Pinot and Quintana rather than the likes of TJVG and Talansky.

Vino twins are two young, but they will dominate in the 20s:D
User avatar the asian

14 Dec 2012 23:12

Jason_Mercier wrote:Changing the topic. What about Sergei Chernetskiy? Good climb, good iTT. Strong in all terrains. The new Menchov?

Have to see more of him to form an opinion. u 23s could be misleading some times. Could become a GC contender or a TT guy, can't say for now.
User avatar the asian

15 Dec 2012 07:54

the asian wrote:Vino twins are two young, but they will dominate in the 20s:D

yes they will wear these yellow outfits quite a lot:)

Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

15 Dec 2012 10:24

The Hitch wrote:why wouldnt he come back?

Pelvis injuries can be problematic for cyclists (or so I have heard anyway). Look at Beloki, he was never the same rider after his injury.

To be honest I think we will see that level again as 27-32 years old is often cited as the prime years for a cyclist. Hope so too, AS and Contador battles are a joy to watch.
uphillstruggle

15 Dec 2012 11:30

................... Wrong.
User avatar Jason_Mercier

15 Dec 2012 14:14

jens_attacks wrote:yes they will wear these yellow outfits quite a lot:)

Alexander Gilbert will destroy them. ;)
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

15 Dec 2012 14:21

uphillstruggle wrote:Pelvis injuries can be problematic for cyclists (or so I have heard anyway). Look at Beloki, he was never the same rider after his injury.

To be honest I think we will see that level again as 27-32 years old is often cited as the prime years for a cyclist. Hope so too, AS and Contador battles are a joy to watch.

I thought Beloki's was femur fracture, that being the most serious of those sustained in 2003.
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

Previous

Return to Professional road racing