Log in:  

Register

No Katusha

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

13 Dec 2012 20:06

So let me get this straight.....Katusha is out, yet Euskaltel Euskadi is in yet they have to sell their buses to make payroll?

late,
Coz
[font=Book Antiqua]"I don't want to spend my life explaining myself. Either you get it or you don't." Frank Zappa[/font]
........__o
....._ \<,_
....(_)/ (_)
http://www.zteamcycling.com/washington/
http://www.usersigs.com
User avatar Coz Boogie
Junior Member
 
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 16:32

13 Dec 2012 20:31

Katusha's waiting...
Image
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,583
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

13 Dec 2012 20:41

cineteq wrote:Katusha's waiting...
Image


well, I guess they could have send a SMS.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,311
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

14 Dec 2012 01:56

cineteq wrote:Katusha's waiting...
Image


If UCI was the least bit competent they would have had it ready for when the announcement was made....:o
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,585
Joined: 20 Mar 2010 15:20
Location: PA, USA

14 Dec 2012 14:30

Purito will wait until Dec. 19, and then he will make a decision. He had some good offers but wants to remain with KAT. He's been getting along well with Eki.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=57910
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,583
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

14 Dec 2012 16:18

Quite shocked by this. Definitely Pat is behind this. Wouldn't be surprised if Tinkov is in it too.
User avatar the asian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,412
Joined: 20 Jan 2011 18:09
Location: Colombo

14 Dec 2012 16:58

That's it!
I'll never understand how this system works!:rolleyes:
It has reached my attention that some people seem to think I would make a good mod.
Forget it! It's not gonna happen. EVER!
User avatar RedheadDane
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,350
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

14 Dec 2012 23:05

[SIZE="5"]Putin taking matters into his own hands, literally.
"UCI I got a message for you, just look at me!"[/SIZE]

Image
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,583
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

Claims that ethical issues led to loss of Katusha’s place in WorldTour

19 Dec 2012 11:06

Clip from:http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13530/Claims-that-ethical-issues-led-to-loss-of-Katushas-place-in-WorldTour.aspx

'The team has seen EPO positives for Antonio Colom, Christian Pfannberger and Denis Galimzyanov, a positive test for Alexandr Kolobnev which was eventually overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, allegations that Kolobnev sold the 2010 Liège-Bastogne-Liège to Alexander Vinokourov and also claims that Denis Menchov, Mikhail Ignatiev, Vladimir Gusev and Kolobnev have links to Michele Ferrari and are part of the Padua investigation'.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13530/Claims-that-ethical-issues-led-to-loss-of-Katushas-place-in-WorldTour.aspx#ixzz2FUjuzOcZ
Mark Cavendish: Are people so naive they think cycling's the only sport with a hidden past?
Maybe it's just the only sport where a hidden past's come out.
User avatar jyhjyh
Junior Member
 
Posts: 290
Joined: 10 Oct 2011 10:25

19 Dec 2012 11:18

jyhjyh wrote:Clip from:http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13530/Claims-that-ethical-issues-led-to-loss-of-Katushas-place-in-WorldTour.aspx

'The team has seen EPO positives for Antonio Colom, Christian Pfannberger and Denis Galimzyanov, a positive test for Alexandr Kolobnev which was eventually overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, allegations that Kolobnev sold the 2010 Liège-Bastogne-Liège to Alexander Vinokourov and also claims that Denis Menchov, Mikhail Ignatiev, Vladimir Gusev and Kolobnev have links to Michele Ferrari and are part of the Padua investigation'.
That's a good reason, but if this was the issue why wait until the last moment to reject the WT license?
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,583
Joined: 20 May 2009 00:52
Location: Montreal, Canada

19 Dec 2012 11:21

Why in the world Kolobnev's "doping case" is even brought up, it was proved in court to be non-existing. And Colom is an ancient history.

Galimzyanov.. Yeah, i give them that one.

And if that legally dubious LBL case is one of the reasons for excluding the team why do you officially approve the other involved side as a general manager of another team?

It's either baseless speculation from Gazetta or UCI is really that dumb.

Baffling.
User avatar rxgqgxnyfz
Junior Member
 
Posts: 980
Joined: 26 Apr 2010 12:06

19 Dec 2012 11:22

cineteq wrote:That's a good reason, but if this was the issue why wait until the last moment to reject the WT license?


Maybe they had to wait for facts from the Padova case?

Teams involved in the Padova/Ferrari case:

Clip from http://english.gazzetta.it/More_sports/17-10-2012/the-ferrari-system-swiss-bank-accounts-fake-contracts-912946609743.shtml

'Including paying Ferrari. That is why the public prosecutor is also considering the charge of money laundering. Around twenty professional teams are alleged to have been involved in this scam over the four-year period 2008-2011. The prosecutor's office have obtained the contracts of all the cyclists who rode in that period for Liquigas, Lampre, Colnago, Geox, Androni, Katusha, Quick Step, CNF-Inox, Farnese Vini, Acqua&Sapone, Astana, RadioShack, Vacansoleil, ISD, CSF, LPR, Diquigiovanni, Tinkoff, Rabobank, Gerolsteiner and Milram to compare them with the contracts deposited with the UCI to see how much money they failed to declare. An example is the contract signed by Franco Pellizotti "from which it clearly emerges that there was a second contract as described above", it is written in certain documents. "In addition to Pellizotti, the riders of Astana transferred all the money they received through T&F. The evidence is in the computer seized from Yaroslav Popovych, where in a deleted e-mail reference is made to the involvement of T&F as the company paying him his salary from Olympus, the company that manages Astana". A bottomless black hole.'
Mark Cavendish: Are people so naive they think cycling's the only sport with a hidden past?
Maybe it's just the only sport where a hidden past's come out.
User avatar jyhjyh
Junior Member
 
Posts: 290
Joined: 10 Oct 2011 10:25

19 Dec 2012 11:35

UCI got it right for once, Katusha couldn't buy the win from Argos. :)
User avatar sublimit
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,956
Joined: 18 Jan 2010 15:03
Location: southsea UK

19 Dec 2012 12:08

jyhjyh wrote:Clip from:http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13530/Claims-that-ethical-issues-led-to-loss-of-Katushas-place-in-WorldTour.aspx

'The team has seen EPO positives for Antonio Colom, Christian Pfannberger and Denis Galimzyanov, a positive test for Alexandr Kolobnev which was eventually overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, allegations that Kolobnev sold the 2010 Liège-Bastogne-Liège to Alexander Vinokourov and also claims that Denis Menchov, Mikhail Ignatiev, Vladimir Gusev and Kolobnev have links to Michele Ferrari and are part of the Padua investigation'.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13530/Claims-that-ethical-issues-led-to-loss-of-Katushas-place-in-WorldTour.aspx#ixzz2FUjuzOcZ

This is plain ridiculous. I could make a similar text to almost any other team.
User avatar trevim
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,389
Joined: 26 Oct 2010 09:40
Location: Portugal

19 Dec 2012 12:23

trevim wrote:This is plain ridiculous. I could make a similar text to almost any other team.


I agree with you.

[color="Red"]BUT: I didn't post what you are quoting me for ;)[/color]
Mark Cavendish: Are people so naive they think cycling's the only sport with a hidden past?
Maybe it's just the only sport where a hidden past's come out.
User avatar jyhjyh
Junior Member
 
Posts: 290
Joined: 10 Oct 2011 10:25

19 Dec 2012 13:32

the asian wrote:Quite shocked by this. Definitely Pat is behind this. Wouldn't be surprised if Tinkov is in it too.


tinkov has nothing against katusha. only against tchmile, who katusha hate now as well
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,534
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

19 Dec 2012 13:33

cineteq wrote:[SIZE="5"]Putin taking matters into his own hands, literally.
"UCI I got a message for you, just look at me!"[/SIZE]

Image


he would be king if he assassinated fat pat now. he would be a hero in the cycling world
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,534
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

19 Dec 2012 13:34

jyhjyh wrote:Maybe they had to wait for facts from the Padova case?

Teams involved in the Padova/Ferrari case:

Clip from http://english.gazzetta.it/More_sports/17-10-2012/the-ferrari-system-swiss-bank-accounts-fake-contracts-912946609743.shtml

'Including paying Ferrari. That is why the public prosecutor is also considering the charge of money laundering. Around twenty professional teams are alleged to have been involved in this scam over the four-year period 2008-2011. The prosecutor's office have obtained the contracts of all the cyclists who rode in that period for Liquigas, Lampre, Colnago, Geox, Androni, Katusha, Quick Step, CNF-Inox, Farnese Vini, Acqua&Sapone, Astana, RadioShack, Vacansoleil, ISD, CSF, LPR, Diquigiovanni, Tinkoff, Rabobank, Gerolsteiner and Milram to compare them with the contracts deposited with the UCI to see how much money they failed to declare. An example is the contract signed by Franco Pellizotti "from which it clearly emerges that there was a second contract as described above", it is written in certain documents. "In addition to Pellizotti, the riders of Astana transferred all the money they received through T&F. The evidence is in the computer seized from Yaroslav Popovych, where in a deleted e-mail reference is made to the involvement of T&F as the company paying him his salary from Olympus, the company that manages Astana". A bottomless black hole.'


the padova case is non existant and will mean nothing as always with italian doping cases. and this isn't even a dopingcase but a case of tax fraud.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,534
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

19 Dec 2012 15:39

Ryo Hazuki wrote:the padova case is non existant and will mean nothing as always with italian doping cases. and this isn't even a dopingcase but a case of tax fraud.


I don't agree. This case involves people from many countries. Not only from Italy.

Clip from http://english.gazzetta.it/More_sports/17-10-2012/the-ferrari-system-swiss-bank-accounts-fake-contracts-912946609743.shtml:

'The doctor from Ferrara is under investigation in Padova for conspiracy in the smuggling, sale and administering of performance-enhancing drugs, tax evasion and money laundering'
Mark Cavendish: Are people so naive they think cycling's the only sport with a hidden past?
Maybe it's just the only sport where a hidden past's come out.
User avatar jyhjyh
Junior Member
 
Posts: 290
Joined: 10 Oct 2011 10:25

19 Dec 2012 16:58

jyhjyh wrote:I don't agree. This case involves people from many countries. Not only from Italy.

Clip from http://english.gazzetta.it/More_sports/17-10-2012/the-ferrari-system-swiss-bank-accounts-fake-contracts-912946609743.shtml:

'The doctor from Ferrara is under investigation in Padova for conspiracy in the smuggling, sale and administering of performance-enhancing drugs, tax evasion and money laundering'


they say that all the time with italian ivnestigations and in the end they have nothing. you have to understand italian mentality and macho culture to understand that lots of loud screaming doesn't mean a ****
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,534
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andro, Hakkapelit, markjohnconley, nuvolablu, personal, rodanafrenteguigs, Tank Engine, Velolover2, Yingge and 66 guests

Back to top