Register

No Katusha

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

19 Dec 2012 18:24

Ryo Hazuki wrote:they say that all the time with italian ivnestigations and in the end they have nothing. you have to understand italian mentality and macho culture to understand that lots of loud screaming doesn't mean a ****

I'm European and know Italien mentality, so don't patronize me please.

But let's see what the future brings.
Mark Cavendish: Are people so naive they think cycling's the only sport with a hidden past?
Maybe it's just the only sport where a hidden past's come out.
User avatar jyhjyh

21 Dec 2012 11:26

I hypothesized that this was an ethical issue and, naturally, I was right.

There are some benefits to living in Italia.
User avatar rhubroma

21 Dec 2012 11:36

This case is ridiculous. If they looked well at ethics, probably no team would be WT. Everyone has its doping cases and troubles over the years. Who cares? Just give the license to the ones that have sport merit.
The impression Acquarone gave with his interview at the team presentation is that they'll invite Katusha if they bring Rodriguez so I would say he can at least ride the same calendar as last year, without the classics perhaps.
User avatar trevim

21 Dec 2012 11:44

trevim wrote:This is plain ridiculous. I could make a similar text to almost any other team.
Radioshack ring a bell? Also it's ok to apply to a pro conti license, but not a WT's, what kind of message the UCI is sending here?
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

21 Dec 2012 11:56

Ryo Hazuki wrote:he would be king if he assassinated fat pat now. he would be a hero in the cycling world

You'd be swapping one evil for another
User avatar JimmyFingers

21 Dec 2012 11:59

cineteq wrote:Radioshack ring a bell? Also it's ok to apply to a pro conti license, but not a WT's, what kind of message the UCI is sending here?

RSNT were definitely more deserving to lose their license on those grounds IMO. Clearly a political/financial move
User avatar JimmyFingers

21 Dec 2012 12:16

JimmyFingers wrote:You'd be swapping one evil for another

why? who would become pats follopw up president? it can't be worse than pat
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

21 Dec 2012 12:27

Ryo Hazuki wrote:why? who would become pats follopw up president? it can't be worse than pat

When Kimmage suffers a mysterious accident and LeMond drinks a radioactive cup of tea then we can say Putin wouldn't be worse than Pat
User avatar JimmyFingers

21 Dec 2012 12:47

cineteq wrote:Radioshack ring a bell? Also it's ok to apply to a pro conti license, but not a WT's, what kind of message the UCI is sending here?

That's my point! Almost every other team has similiar or worse stories surrounding them.
Cycling really needs to accept its past instead of this stupid witch hunt. Suspend the ones that test positive, the ones of the past for whom there are solid proofs and move on.
User avatar trevim

21 Dec 2012 12:49

trevim wrote:This case is ridiculous. If they looked well at ethics, probably no team would be WT. Everyone has its doping cases and troubles over the years. Who cares? Just give the license to the ones that have sport merit.
The impression Acquarone gave with his interview at the team presentation is that they'll invite Katusha if they bring Rodriguez so I would say he can at least ride the same calendar as last year, without the classics perhaps.

As to the case being ridiculous that is a subjective critisizm, which may have some merit at the hypocrisy level.

As to the motivation, though, this is simply a matter of fact that was of course intuitable by an analysis of all the circumstances involved.
User avatar rhubroma

21 Dec 2012 12:52

rhubroma wrote:I hypothesized that this was an ethical issue and, naturally, I was right.

yes. that's also why rusvelo was just refused a license too:rolleyes:. i guess they had also shiitloads of positives no? ethical lol. by uci. how they even found the word?
it's easy. the russians want the head of mcquaid

if it would be about ethical, you will remain with two teams or something like that.and pray that guys from those teams don't get a cold

again, this case is about power not moral issues.
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

21 Dec 2012 13:15

JimmyFingers wrote:When Kimmage suffers a mysterious accident and LeMond drinks a radioactive cup of tea then we can say Putin wouldn't be worse than Pat

what are you talking about? putin will never be uci boss
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

21 Dec 2012 13:17

jens_attacks wrote:yes. that's also why rusvelo was just refused a license too:rolleyes:. i guess they had also shiitloads of positives no? ethical lol. by uci. how they even found the word?
it's easy. the russians want the head of mcquaid

if it would be about ethical, you will remain with two teams or something like that.and pray that guys from those teams don't get a cold

again, this case is about power not moral issues.

Dude whatever the situation of rusvelo is, is of no bearing on the official motivation behind the Katusha debacle, which anyone could have read in the dailies several days back and which I anticipated here.

Of course it's about power silly, for which the "moral issues" are merely a concealing public facade. However, in light of recent events that have shaken the UCI to the core, the "ethical concerns" have now been placed within new selective based policy strategies. Any dumby can figure this out.
User avatar rhubroma

21 Dec 2012 13:21

Ryo Hazuki wrote:what are you talking about? putin will never be uci boss

You said he would be a hero to cycling fans if he assasinated Pat, and be crowned King. I wasn't talking that seriously btw
User avatar JimmyFingers

21 Dec 2012 13:29

rhubroma wrote:I hypothesized that this was an ethical issue and, naturally, I was right..

What, has there been a new development ?
webvan

21 Dec 2012 13:40

rhubroma wrote:Dude whatever the situation of rusvelo is, is of no bearing on the official motivation behind the Katusha debacle, which anyone could have read in the dailies several days back and which I anticipated here.

Of course it's about power silly, for which the "moral issues" are merely a concealing public facade. However, in light of recent events that have shaken the UCI to the core, the "ethical concerns" have now been placed within new selective based policy strategies. Any dumby can figure this out.

you sound like the biggest condescending "dumby" here
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

21 Dec 2012 14:29

Ryo Hazuki wrote:you sound like the biggest condescending "dumby" here

Nope, it's a concept that would be personified by yourself in making this statement. :p
User avatar rhubroma

21 Dec 2012 14:41

rhubroma wrote:Nope, it's a concept that would be personified by yourself in making this statement. :p

this is exactly what I meant. thanks for confirming
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

21 Dec 2012 15:21

Ryo Hazuki wrote:this is exactly what I meant. thanks for confirming

What, that you can recognize yourself in the mirror. :D
User avatar rhubroma

21 Dec 2012 15:25

rhubroma wrote:What, that you can recognize yourself in the mirror. :D

He'll call you a 4 year old now.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing