Register

No Katusha

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

10 Dec 2012 21:48

hrotha wrote:Well this was unexpected. I thought them Russians had the UCI in their pockets.

wonder what the clinic will now have to make up for this with their buble being burst again.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

10 Dec 2012 23:56

Kwibus wrote:lol @ UCI.

What a bunch of amateurish idiots sit at the office of the UCI.

+1.

in the name of transparency the uci keeps everyone in the dark as to their chances in the WT....this is not amateurish, this is straight from the book of professional racketeering...'if you fark with me, i will fark you twice over and you will never have a clue how/when/why'
As for Marit, without the medicine, she would have no chance' -OEB
I don't f***ing care. It's his problem not mine--Bernard Hinault
User avatar python

11 Dec 2012 00:23

Devilen wrote:Danish papers are guessing at it might be due to Ekimov's position in the team, and his ties to the organization around Armstrong

Really? Then why does the UCI simply pick and choose? Why weren't flags raised for Saxo Bank? Or, does the UCI simply choose to accept Hamilton's testimony when it comes to Armstrong but not when it comes to Riis? I realize that l'affair Armstrong has tainted much of the sport, but it shouldn't temper the UCI's ability to be equitable.

The decision to not grant a license to Katusha seems strange, especially since it comes with no justification.
No longer Polysorbate 80 Free.
trompe le monde

11 Dec 2012 00:25

Forunculo wrote:Tonight in Madrid "Gala AS del deporte" an event of spanish sport daily AS.

The podium of La Vuelta is awarded

So Purito can talk about the World Tour License

Joaquim Rodriguez, sin comentarios: "Espero que todo se solucione". http://bit.ly/U0fRcR
User avatar pdluz7

11 Dec 2012 00:30

As much as I currently despise the UCI they must have some valid reason for not including the team of the current WT winner. After my initial outraged reaction I've cooled off and await to hear their reasoning. To say they handled it badly would be an understatement though.

If it is clinic related they wouldn't have referred them for a conti license right? So more likely administrative or financial?
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

11 Dec 2012 00:33

Carols wrote:As much as I currently despise the UCI they must have some valid reason for not including the team of the current WT winner. After my initial outraged reaction I've cooled off and await to hear their reasoning. To say they handled it badly would be an understatement though.

If it is clinic related they wouldn't have referred them for a conti license right? So more likely administrative or financial?

If it was administrative or financial, they could have granted a temp license like they did with Lampre a few years ago. I think it was for two months, enough time to allow Lampre to get their books in order.

I think it was either Saronni or Walsh writing about Saronni that said that Lawyers and Accountants are only necessary to keep your mistress off the books. Or something to that effect.
No longer Polysorbate 80 Free.
trompe le monde

11 Dec 2012 00:41

trompe le monde wrote:If it was administrative or financial, they could have granted a temp license like they did with Lampre a few years ago. I think it was for two months, enough time to allow Lampre to get their books in order.

Operative word there is 'could'.......

This is the UCI, they 'could' do just about anything; they are whack jobs LOL!

But clinic makes no sense or why?
"The request from the team Katusha for registration in first division has been rejected. In accordance with UCI regulations, this team’s application has been forwarded to the UCI administration, so that the latter may assess the possibility of registering this team as a UCI Professional Continental Team."

Surely clinic issues would be the same at conti level, at least one would think so!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

11 Dec 2012 01:01

serfla wrote:Why was Contador nervous then?

Even if Saxo was likely to get an invitation, it wasn't 100% sure like it is when you're a WT team.
Wigwan

11 Dec 2012 01:37

The wind has changed. Even at UCI. Any whiff of UCI "supporting" doping is no longer tenable. They have to be seen to be doing the right thing. Hence Argos in. Saxo/Contador is just too big a force to leave out, so Katusha gets the chop. And it also sends a strong signal to Comrade Makarov to back off on leadership challenges. But this move has really forced the Makarov-McQuaid battle out in the open. Expect fireworks as Russia is not going to take this lying down. But first blood for Pat on his new found mission to be seen to be clean.

This thread belongs in The Clinic.
[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]
“Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.”

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
User avatar Tinman

11 Dec 2012 02:26

Tinman wrote:The wind has changed. Even at UCI. Any whiff of UCI "supporting" doping is no longer tenable. They have to be seen to be doing the right thing. Hence Argos in. Saxo/Contador is just too big a force to leave out, so Katusha gets the chop. And it also sends a strong signal to Comrade Makarov to back off on leadership challenges. But this move has really forced the Makarov-McQuaid battle out in the open. Expect fireworks as Russia is not going to take this lying down. But first blood for Pat on his new found mission to be seen to be clean.

In the real world, we don't know the reason yet, nor do we know which of the teams sent for examination was the next most likely to get the chop. It could just as likely have been Lotto, FDJ or RSNT.

Being pure speculation, perhaps it's your post that belongs in the clinc along with outdated stereo types like "comrade" and team/rider insinuations, rather than the thread?
Le Baroudeur

11 Dec 2012 02:42

Le Baroudeur wrote:In the real world, we don't know the reason yet

Being pure speculation, perhaps it's your post that belongs in the clinc along with outdated stereo types like "comrade" and team/rider insinuations, rather than the thread?

In the real world you can believe what you like :D

There was no (recent Katusha specific) thread I could see in The Clinic, but you are right, maybe time to start one, or maybe no longer required with the team now relegated.

The comrade jest refers to the article on cyclismas on 5 Dec which you may not have seen. Not sure what "insinuations" I made that you are keen to dismiss, maybe Ekimov?
[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]
“Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.”

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
User avatar Tinman

11 Dec 2012 02:53

Tinman wrote:In the real world you can believe what you like :D

There was no (recent Katusha specific) thread I could see in The Clinic, but you are right, maybe time to start one, or maybe no longer required with the team now relegated.

The comrade jest refers to the article on cyclismas on 5 Dec which you may not have seen. Not sure what "insinuations" I made that you are keen to dismiss, maybe Ekimov?

I haven't actualy read cyclismas since they abandoned pure satire, and let the margins and humour blur with opinion and quasi-factual pieces.

I will take a look though, good satire is hard to find. :)
Le Baroudeur

11 Dec 2012 03:01

Freire - celebrating to have made the right decision

Menchov - Screwed over once again. Don't know how many grand tour winners have had to take the kind of political abuse he has.

Purito - Wishing he had gone elsewhere.

Moreno - ditto
orangerider

11 Dec 2012 07:58

orangerider wrote:Freire - celebrating to have made the right decision

Menchov - Screwed over once again. Don't know how many grand tour winners have had to take the kind of political abuse he has.

Moreno - ditto

vuelta, cataluna, pais vasco, spanish races, tirreno, giro
he has races to shine, don't worry
pastronef

11 Dec 2012 07:59

canyonball wrote:Before making a raged comment, why not wait for a comment from the UCI....I'm interested in the reasons behind. Of course sporting-wise it is shocking...

At the moment they release this news they have to add the reason. I think this is amateur work.
User avatar Kwibus

11 Dec 2012 08:50

orangerider wrote:Freire - celebrating to have made the right decision

Moreno - ditto

Well I think most decent riders have clauses in their contract allowing them to leave if the team is relegated. Even Kristoff has such a clause, so he's free to find a new team if he wishes.
maltiv

11 Dec 2012 09:00

And we wait for "the reason" in suspense. This is great. It's like a cheesy tv series, "...to be continued".
User avatar wirral

11 Dec 2012 09:02

Waiting to hear the UCIs reason is kinda missing the important point IMO.

Teams/riders and sponsors should know way before the announcement which team will get a licence and which won't, because the licence criteria should be clear and predictable. They aren't.

The unpredictability means teams will fear the UCI might suddenly decide to relegate them. So, the teams will do anything to avoid upsetting the UCI. That's the real problem.

Whether deliberate or not, the rule of fear is an inevitable consequence of fickle governance.
User avatar I Watch Cycling In July

11 Dec 2012 09:10

Tinman wrote:The wind has changed. Even at UCI. Any whiff of UCI "supporting" doping is no longer tenable. They have to be seen to be doing the right thing. Hence Argos in. Saxo/Contador is just too big a force to leave out, so Katusha gets the chop. And it also sends a strong signal to Comrade Makarov to back off on leadership challenges. But this move has really forced the Makarov-McQuaid battle out in the open. Expect fireworks as Russia is not going to take this lying down. But first blood for Pat on his new found mission to be seen to be clean.

it's ridiculous rants like yours that belong in the clinic. for the mentally disturbed and paranoid complot theory believers. you have a nice little place there, where you all believe each others bs stories without any evidence to back it up. just go back there, because posts like yours will be banned if you continue them anyway
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

11 Dec 2012 09:12

I Watch Cycling In July wrote:Waiting to hear the UCIs reason is kinda missing the important point IMO.

Teams/riders and sponsors should know way before the announcement which team will get a licence and which won't, because the licence criteria should be clear and predictable. They aren't.

The unpredictability means teams will fear the UCI might suddenly decide to relegate them. So, the teams will do anything to avoid upsetting the UCI. That's the real problem.

Whether deliberate or not, the rule of fear is an inevitable consequence of fickle governance.

how do you know? I'm sure katusha have broken a rule that exists already and they could've known. probably thought they could get away with it or uci wouldn't do something so radical. let's wait what it exactly will be
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing