Register

No Katusha

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

11 Dec 2012 10:25

pastronef wrote:vuelta, cataluna, pais vasco, spanish races, tirreno, giro
he has races to shine, don't worry

Moreno got to ride for himself when Purito wasn't there or was tired/out of contention. With less races on the calender he will find himself with less races where he can ride for himself. Lets face it if Katusha get to all those races Purito will want to try and win them all. As a second string rider you need to be on a pro tour team so your captain can have his pick and you get your chances elsewhere. Just not enough opportunity otherwise.
uphillstruggle

11 Dec 2012 10:59

I doubt that it has anything to do with ethics. If that was the case, plenty of teams would be missing. It's probably some admin/money issue. The type of thing we have seen in the past. Just because Katusha appear to be cashed up, the details may be different. The alternative is politics of course. Obviously Rodriguez's results count for nothing. Two podiums in grand tours this year and two classic wins.
movingtarget

11 Dec 2012 12:12

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rodriguez-wants-katusha-license-debacle-resolved

"It is unknown whether Rodríguez may seek to annul his contract for 2013 and join a team already approved for the WorldTour in the coming season. "

What a mess and how on earth can these idiots at the UCI not produce simultaneously the reason for turning them down ?!
webvan

11 Dec 2012 12:14

"The problems are likely to have arisen on the administrative and ethical side. The commission would have balked when looking over the team's recent managerial changes: from Andrei Tchmil, to Holczer to Ekimov in four years. Holczer indicated to Cycling Weekly after he quit in October that after he made the team work it would have trouble on its own."

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/535988/katusha-why-was-the-russian-team-relegated.html
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

11 Dec 2012 12:18

webvan wrote:"It is unknown whether Rodríguez may seek to annul his contract for 2013 and join a team already approved for the WorldTour in the coming season. "
If this is it for KAT, I surely hope he moves to another team, even if it means he'd ride the Tour.
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

11 Dec 2012 12:44

cineteq wrote:If this is it for KAT, I surely hope he moves to another team, even if it means he'd ride the Tour.

J-Rod and Moreno should join Argos and give them a bit of GC capability.
Dazed and Confused

11 Dec 2012 13:00

cineteq wrote:"The problems are likely to have arisen on the administrative and ethical side. The commission would have balked when looking over the team's recent managerial changes: from Andrei Tchmil, to Holczer to Ekimov in four years. Holczer indicated to Cycling Weekly after he quit in October that after he made the team work it would have trouble on its own."

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/535988/katusha-why-was-the-russian-team-relegated.html

holczer is a complete idiot, stupid enough to have misjudged all of his riders doping in the past and trust, me he really didn't know about it. that's how much of an idiot he is. I will never forget him on ard with sinkewitz. how anyone like him could have any managerial function is beyond me. I don't think it's ethical or they would not have advised to go pct to them.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

11 Dec 2012 15:27

Purito is now free to leave KAT!!!!
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/12/news/joaquim-rodriguez-free-to-leave-katusha-but-to-go-where-and-with-whom_268606

KAT out of WT a godsend since he wanted to leave them anyway.

Dazed and Confused wrote:J-Rod and Moreno should join Argos and give them a bit of GC capability.
He needs help if he goes there.

Maybe OPQS?
User avatar cineteq

11 Dec 2012 15:30

Rodriguez fits perfectly at Movistar, where valverde can work for him instead of the other way around :D
BYOP88 wrote:Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi

11 Dec 2012 15:35

cineteq wrote:Purito is now free to leave KAT!!!!
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/12/news/joaquim-rodriguez-free-to-leave-katusha-but-to-go-where-and-with-whom_268606

He needs help if he goes there.

Maybe OPQS?

Interesting news. Would like to see him at Euskaltel now that they have relaxed their all basque policy, but I don't think they have the funds to sign him.

Lampre have been looking for a GC candidate ever since Cunego the GC candidate effectively retired, so he might be a fit there.

The timing of this is not great for Purito because many rosters are just about full by now. Maybe he takes a 1 year contract somewhere for now and then explores the market in full next year.
No longer Polysorbate 80 Free.
trompe le monde

11 Dec 2012 15:39

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Rodriguez fits perfectly at Movistar, where valverde can work for him instead of the other way around :D

No way man:D,there is Piti and Quintana.

I would say Euskaltel,but there is a lack of money,so my bet is BMC:cool:
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

11 Dec 2012 15:44

ILovecycling wrote:No way man:D,there is Piti and Quintana.

Or maybe he won't leave at all ? ;)

Katusha pays him great amount and they'll be invited to most races.
Gloin22

11 Dec 2012 15:46

cineteq wrote:Purito is now free to leave KAT!!!!

He needs help if he goes there [Argos]

If he can get Moreno with him, it should be enough. J-Rod is not the type of rider who "defines" races. Needs to go with the favorites and strike in the end of key stages.
Dazed and Confused

11 Dec 2012 15:52

ILovecycling wrote:No way man:D,there is Piti and Quintana.

Canondale could be a good fit. Basso is there only real GT leader and he is in final stages of his career. They don't have an obvious leader for the TDF next year, so Purito could be a good fit for them?
adamski101

11 Dec 2012 16:19

adamski101 wrote:Cannondale could be a good fit. Basso is there only real GT leader and he is in final stages of his career. They don't have an obvious leader for the TDF next year, so Purito could be a good fit for them?
Plus 'Il parla Italiano', I like this one. :)
Basso as super domestique, again? :o
User avatar cineteq

11 Dec 2012 16:27

is it certain he will leave then? I doubt that. katusha pay him astronomically and listened to him and fired holczer.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

11 Dec 2012 18:30

If Purito left Katusha then I would say Cannondale, BMC, and Lampre would be his best options. All have good teams that could support him but their main GT leaders are aging and are no longer much of a factor in GT's

Of course Katusha could get a invite fairly easily to all of the key races Purito would target, so staying with them might be a better option then changing teams so late.

adamski101 wrote:Canondale could be a good fit. Basso is there only real GT leader and he is in final stages of his career. They don't have an obvious leader for the TDF next year, so Purito could be a good fit for them?

They have Sagan for TDF, but it wouldn't be difficult to support him and Purito. Especially since Sagan doesn't need a train.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

11 Dec 2012 18:43

theyoungest wrote:Also interesting that Rabobank got a 2 year license. What are they going to do with it in 2014?

The UCI probably got some advance information about the Mantova investigation regarding Katusha.

Yes. All should be brought to light soon.
User avatar rhubroma

11 Dec 2012 18:45

maltiv wrote:Well I think most decent riders have clauses in their contract allowing them to leave if the team is relegated. Even Kristoff has such a clause, so he's free to find a new team if he wishes.

Right, the problem is that the Spaniard has but a month to resign, however, his market value diminishes considerably as a result.
User avatar rhubroma

11 Dec 2012 18:50

Katusha releases angry statement regarding WorldTour snub
http://www.katushateam.com/2012/12/official-statement-of-katusha-team/

According to this fax, financial criterion is the issue, but what exactly? :o
User avatar cineteq

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing