ElChingon wrote:Without the cobbles Boonen is like a bike with no wheels.
Again this nonsense.
- World champion on the road: much better than WC in the TT.
- Green jersey in the Tour + 6 Tour stages.
- 2 Vuelta stages.
- Second and third in Milan-San Remo.
- Second in Paris-Tours after an impressive race from him.
- World champion TTT: least important WC, but it's not on cobbles is it?
- 7 stage race wins: 4x Tour of Qatar(good field and wind plays an important role), 1x Tour of Belgium, 1x Tour de Picardie, 1x World Ports Classic(good field and wind played a big role.)
- Second to Cancellara in the Vuelta prologue. 11th in the longer Vuelta time trial where he crashed.
- Belgian champion in Aywaille, beating Philippe Gilbert.
And he could've won more green jerseys if it wasn't for all his bad luck in the Tour.