Register

Who Will Win A Grand Tour in 2013?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Who Will Win a Grand Tour in 2013?

Poll ended at 14 Apr 2013 16:08

A.Contador
35%
B.Wiggins
10%
C.Froome
8%
C.Evans
2%
A.Valverde
5%
J.Rodriguez
9%
V.Nibali
18%
R.Hesjedal
3%
Option for dutch and belgian fans
3%
Other
6%

Total votes : 222

15 Dec 2012 19:27

Nibali the Giro. Froome the Tour. Contador the Vuelta.
User avatar Jason_Mercier

15 Dec 2012 19:30

If Rodriguez doesnt win the "Vuelta a los Muros de España" would be a failure for him.

15 Dec 2012 22:19

Jason_Mercier wrote:Nibali the Giro. Froome the Tour. Contador the Vuelta.

You really think Froome can beat Contador in France? All evidence suggests otherwise. What's new that I am missing.
User avatar ferryman

15 Dec 2012 22:34

Dumb to not include Schleck. Anyways..

Scarponi
Contador
Contador
"... because he set an amazing example. He has more courage than anyone I ever rode with and that's why he got respect from his team-mates. A great leader makes you want to go beyond the limits."

Andrea Noè on Di Luca, "Il Killer di Spoltore"
User avatar Altitude

15 Dec 2012 22:37

ferryman wrote:You really think Froome can beat Contador in France? All evidence suggests otherwise. What's new that I am missing.

Evidence?
The only bit of passable evidence is that Contador has consistently been the best GT racer. It is not unthinkable that there could be a rider that could surpass him, unlikely though it is.

Ps: You know that the Vuelta can not be used as evidence.
El Pistolero wrote: Gratz to Cav.
User avatar Froome19

15 Dec 2012 23:38

ferryman wrote:You really think Froome can beat Contador in France? All evidence suggests otherwise. What's new that I am missing.

Why not? Is Contador a god or something like that? Froome can TT better than Contador. Do you see Contador only 30" after Wiggins and ahead of Cancellara and Van Garderen in Besançon? Do you see Contador third in the Olympics ITT? The answers are NO.
Some luck at the first week plus the differences in ITT plus a great level in the mountain like in this 2012 Tour and the race will be for Chris.

15 Dec 2012 23:44

Jason_Mercier wrote:Why not? Is Contador a god or something like that? Froome can TT better than Contador. Do you see Contador only 30" after Wiggins and ahead of Cancellara and Van Garderen in Besançon? Do you see Contador third in the Olympics ITT? The answers are NO.
Some luck at the first week plus the differences in ITT plus a great level in the mountain like in this 2012 Tour and the race will be for Chris.

Yeah cause being fourth is so far off right?
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

16 Dec 2012 00:03

El Pistolero wrote:Yeah cause being fourth is so far off right?

Do you think Contador can beat Phinney in a ITT? Froome did it.

16 Dec 2012 00:33

Froome - Giro (if Wiggo decides he wants le Tour)
Contador - Tour
Purito - Vuelta (unless Contador decides to ride it :D)
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

16 Dec 2012 00:36

Carols wrote:Froome - Giro (if Wiggo decides he wants le Tour)
Contador - Tour
Purito - Vuelta (unless Contador decides to ride it :D)

There is no way in hell froome is doing the giro.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

16 Dec 2012 00:40

The Hitch wrote:There is no way in hell froome is doing the giro.

That's a shame...he could Win it!!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

16 Dec 2012 04:43

Giro: tough on, maybe Haesjedal, Tour: Albert, Vuelta: Valverde; for tschechischen fans: Kreuziger top 5 (at least) at Giro.
User avatar plooton

16 Dec 2012 08:07

If you had to put money on it you would put Other first, Contador second and Wiggins third.
del1962

16 Dec 2012 08:47

del1962 wrote:If you had to put money on it you would put Other first, Contador second and Wiggins third.

You are funny :D

I also love how some people think Alberto will not win the tour but will win la vuelta while that will be 10000 times harder to win for him because of so many purito finishes :D

I voted Nibs and Alberto (tour and vuelta)
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

16 Dec 2012 10:12

LaFlorecita wrote:You are funny :D

I also love how some people think Alberto will not win the tour but will win la vuelta while that will be 10000 times harder to win for him because of so many purito finishes :D

I voted Nibs and Alberto (tour and vuelta)

Me too :)
[color="White"]....[/color]
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

16 Dec 2012 10:14

plooton wrote:Giro: tough on, maybe Haesjedal, Tour: Albert, Vuelta: Valverde; for tschechischen fans: Kreuziger top 5 (at least) at Giro.

He won't ride it.He said so,and Majka is leader for Giro.+Daniele in sprints
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

16 Dec 2012 10:51

This is how's going to be.
Evans will win the Giro.
Contador will suffer an early loss in the Tour and try to make it up on Ax-3-Domaines, but he'll be eaten by the group of favorites and spat 3 minutes back. By the Alpe d' Huez he'll be fighting for top 10, and on Semnoz he'll fall back to 17. Already during the race, which will be won by Schleck, Contador starts to drink out of depression. Riis sacks him, due to indiscipline, so he's not even able to defend his Vuelta title. This chain of events results with overweight Contador thinking about retirement. But salvation comes from his archenemy - Schleck. The Tour victory secured a wealthy long term contract to RSNT, so they decided to strengthen their squad. After another one disappointing spring campaign for Cancellara, during which Devolder did it again in De Ronde (finishing with a cigar in his mouth and demi in his hand) and Boonen coming to velodrom in Roubaix riding backwards, they (RSNT) decide to hire this new, overweight, Contador as Cancellara's superdomestique for cobbles. Contador, out of gratitude, names his kid "Andy".
That's in brief.

P.S.
Froome will finally win Vuelta if anyone cares.
User avatar serfla

16 Dec 2012 11:40

Carols wrote:That's a shame...he [Froome] could Win it!!
Exactly, Froome must go to the Giro, Wiggo to the Tour as defending champ (whatever that means). Why does Chris have to go through humiliation by Wiggins, Sky in the Tour?

Giro 2013 is THE Tour.
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

16 Dec 2012 13:05

serfla wrote:This is how's going to be.
Evans will win the Giro.
Contador will suffer an early loss in the Tour and try to make it up on Ax-3-Domaines, but he'll be eaten by the group of favorites and spat 3 minutes back. By the Alpe d' Huez he'll be fighting for top 10, and on Semnoz he'll fall back to 17. Already during the race, which will be won by Schleck, Contador starts to drink out of depression. Riis sacks him, due to indiscipline, so he's not even able to defend his Vuelta title. This chain of events results with overweight Contador thinking about retirement. But salvation comes from his archenemy - Schleck. The Tour victory secured a wealthy long term contract to RSNT, so they decided to strengthen their squad. After another one disappointing spring campaign for Cancellara, during which Devolder did it again in De Ronde (finishing with a cigar in his mouth and demi in his hand) and Boonen coming to velodrom in Roubaix riding backwards, they (RSNT) decide to hire this new, overweight, Contador as Cancellara's superdomestique for cobbles. Contador, out of gratitude, names his kid "Andy".
That's in brief.

P.S.
Froome will finally win Vuelta if anyone cares.

Do you take drugs?
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
User avatar ILovecycling

16 Dec 2012 13:10

ILovecycling wrote:Do you take drugs?

Good question
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing