Register

Who Will Win A Grand Tour in 2013?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Who Will Win a Grand Tour in 2013?

Poll ended at 14 Apr 2013 16:08

A.Contador
35%
B.Wiggins
10%
C.Froome
8%
C.Evans
2%
A.Valverde
5%
J.Rodriguez
9%
V.Nibali
18%
R.Hesjedal
3%
Option for dutch and belgian fans
3%
Other
6%

Total votes : 222

16 Dec 2012 13:18

LaFlorecita wrote:Good question

I realized that he was joking when ho wrote that Froome would actually win something :D:D
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

16 Dec 2012 13:34

Vino attacks everyone wrote:I realized that he was joking when ho wrote that Froome would actually win something :D:D

For me it was

Contador, out of gratitude, names his kid "Andy".
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

16 Dec 2012 13:41

LaFlorecita wrote:You are funny :D

I also love how some people think Alberto will not win the tour but will win la vuelta while that will be 10000 times harder to win for him because of so many purito finishes :D

I voted Nibs and Alberto (tour and vuelta)

I think you misunderstood my post, which after reading it I can see why, perhaps it is not clear,

I think of all the cyclists Contador is most likely to win a grand tour, which would be the TDF, however I think it is even more likely that one of the three Grand Tours is going to be won by someone not on the list, I don't know who, after Contador then Wiggins is the most likely to win a grand tour (especially if he does the Giro)
del1962

16 Dec 2012 13:50

del1962 wrote:I think you misunderstood my post, which after reading it I can see why, perhaps it is not clear,

I think of all the cyclists Contador is most likely to win a grand tour, which would be the TDF, however I think it is even more likely that one of the three Grand Tours is going to be won by someone not on the list, I don't know who, after Contador then Wiggins is the most likely to win a grand tour (especially if he does the Giro)

Ok

User avatar LaFlorecita

16 Dec 2012 15:57

Jason_Mercier wrote:Why not? Is Contador a god or something like that?

Pretty much.
"... because he set an amazing example. He has more courage than anyone I ever rode with and that's why he got respect from his team-mates. A great leader makes you want to go beyond the limits."

Andrea Noè on Di Luca, "Il Killer di Spoltore"
User avatar Altitude

16 Dec 2012 16:34

Jason Mercier wrote:Why not? Is Contador a god or something like that?

It is very hilarious actually. One of things that interest me most [barring directly racing matters] in the next season is what ideological base will be made up by the fans if Contador will lose the Tour. Apparently, the Hitch will have to rewrite Darwin theory as gazzelles turn into lion; Fleur will slobber and say 'he was not on form'; El Pisti will just fall in silent depression. The rest should percieve such a crook in the lot quietly. :p

I don't say it will happen. Contador chances are always very high, but.. it is just of out interest.
User avatar airstream

16 Dec 2012 17:01

ILovecycling wrote:Do you take drugs?

Stakes from Irun.
User avatar serfla

16 Dec 2012 17:58

I picked Contador, Evans and Nibali. It was a purely emotional decision, since they are my 3 favourite GC riders.
User avatar Alphabet

16 Dec 2012 19:01

excited as cycling comes along as the nfl ends for me love blogging on both

grand tours going be interesting, especially now J.Rod might be moving and wiggins now seems like he wants another tour attempt.
http://sbbcolumns.co.uk/tour-de-pologne-cycling-preview-2015/ Preview World Tour race in Poland, with Movistar likely to face off with Sky.

http://sbbcolumns.co.uk/clasica-san-sebastian-cycling-preview-2015/ San Sebastian preview
User avatar manafana

16 Dec 2012 19:46

airstream wrote:It is very hilarious actually. One of things that interest me most [barring directly racing matters] in the next season is what ideological base will be made up by the fans if Contador will lose the Tour. Apparently, the Hitch will have to rewrite Darwin theory as gazzelles turn into lion; Fleur will slobber and say 'he was not on form'; El Pisti will just fall in silent depression. The rest should percieve such a crook in the lot quietly. :p

I don't say it will happen. Contador chances are always very high, but.. it is just of out interest.

That would be funny:D
User avatar Jason_Mercier

16 Dec 2012 20:03

serfla wrote:This is how's going to be.
Evans will win the Giro.
Contador will suffer an early loss in the Tour and try to make it up on Ax-3-Domaines, but he'll be eaten by the group of favorites and spat 3 minutes back. By the Alpe d' Huez he'll be fighting for top 10, and on Semnoz he'll fall back to 17. Already during the race, which will be won by Schleck, Contador starts to drink out of depression. Riis sacks him, due to indiscipline, so he's not even able to defend his Vuelta title. This chain of events results with overweight Contador thinking about retirement. But salvation comes from his archenemy - Schleck. The Tour victory secured a wealthy long term contract to RSNT, so they decided to strengthen their squad. After another one disappointing spring campaign for Cancellara, during which Devolder did it again in De Ronde (finishing with a cigar in his mouth and demi in his hand) and Boonen coming to velodrom in Roubaix riding backwards, they (RSNT) decide to hire this new, overweight, Contador as Cancellara's superdomestique for cobbles. Contador, out of gratitude, names his kid "Andy".
That's in brief.

P.S.
Froome will finally win Vuelta if anyone cares.

Are the use of hallucinogens legal in your country?;)
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

16 Dec 2012 20:09

airstream wrote:It is very hilarious actually. One of things that interest me most [barring directly racing matters] in the next season is what ideological base will be made up by the fans if Contador will lose the Tour. Apparently, the Hitch will have to rewrite Darwin theory as gazzelles turn into lion; Fleur will slobber and say 'he was not on form'; El Pisti will just fall in silent depression. The rest should percieve such a crook in the lot quietly. :p

Myself I'll figure in your usual fit of Contador-hating-hysteria, somehow took it upon yourself to infiltrate Contador's inner circle and dose him with some evil concoction that saps his strength and ruins his season. ;)

You forget that he lost the 2011 Tour and there weren't any reports of mass suicides or long periods of silent depression nor extended absences from the forum following that Tour.
User avatar Angliru

16 Dec 2012 21:04

If he wont crash or something like that I think most of us (Alberto's fans) will simply admit that he didnt have it.As for me,Im a big fan but I am not idiot( i hope:D)

serfla wrote:Stakes from Irun.

Clinic,you son of a beach.
Alberto Contador fanboy
Proud Participant of a Thrilling Foxxy's GGTG 2014-15
User avatar ILovecycling

16 Dec 2012 21:23

ILovecycling wrote:Clinic,you son of a beach.

Why?!
It's a matter of nutrition.
User avatar serfla

16 Dec 2012 21:29

serfla wrote:Why?!
It's a matter of nutrition.

Stakes...?

stake
n.
1. A piece of wood or metal pointed at one end for driving into the ground as a marker, fence pole, or tent peg.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/stake
User avatar LaFlorecita

16 Dec 2012 21:38

Angliru wrote:Myself I'll figure in your usual fit of Contador-hating-hysteria, somehow took it upon yourself to infiltrate Contador's inner circle and dose him with some evil concoction that saps his strength and ruins his season. ;)

You forget that he lost the 2011 Tour and there weren't any reports of mass suicides or long periods of silent depression nor extended absences from the forum following that Tour.

Hating in my words? Rather I never cease to amaze how one likes to disparage others. Someone easily reasoned about triples, ezzy giro-tour doubles, but when one guy came and gave the opposite scenario for the next year Tour [both situations have approximately the same overly low probability], he was instantly informed about his alleged drugs. Is it normal? :o

I wasn't on the forum back then yet, but it is not diffcult to imagine what came out on here. Some posters remind Alpe-d'Huez act of bravery almost every day. I guess, at one time all the threads sank in appropriate posts. :)
User avatar airstream

16 Dec 2012 21:58

LaFlorecita wrote:Stakes...?

Steaks... Irun beef steaks.
User avatar serfla

16 Dec 2012 22:19

fail pool

Where is Tiago Machado?????????????????????????????????
User avatar iZnoGouD

16 Dec 2012 22:34

iZnoGouD wrote:fail pool

Where is Tiago Machado?????????????????????????????????

In front of your computer screen..:o
El Pistolero wrote: Gratz to Cav.
User avatar Froome19

17 Dec 2012 00:17

airstream wrote:Hating in my words? Rather I never cease to amaze how one likes to disparage others. Someone easily reasoned about triples, ezzy giro-tour doubles, but when one guy came and gave the opposite scenario for the next year Tour [both situations have approximately the same overly low probability], he was instantly informed about his alleged drugs. Is it normal? :o

I wasn't on the forum back then yet, but it is not diffcult to imagine what came out on here. Some posters remind Alpe-d'Huez act of bravery almost every day. I guess, at one time all the threads sank in appropriate posts. :)

So saying you wish a rider would "burn in hell" can't be interpreted as hate?
User avatar Angliru

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing