Register

Can Wiggo win the Giro-Tour double next year?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

So, can he do it?

Poll ended at 16 Apr 2013 13:05

No
73%
Yes
7%
Yes. And after, he will win Vuelta too
2%
Yes. And after the Vuelta win, he will bring the peace in Middle East
19%

Total votes : 183

19 Dec 2012 06:00

Eight pages ohhh. We can begin to discuss peace in the Middle East, but I think it is not allowed.
User avatar pdluz7

19 Dec 2012 13:13

He won't even be the best GT rider on his team.

No.
User avatar Old School

19 Dec 2012 14:25

The Hitch wrote:I wasnt making an argument. I asked why you were totally taking out of context everything will said.

I never said anything about Wiggins peperation. I have no idea how its going.

How is talking about whether Wiggins can win the Giro or not taking things out of context? ;)

Sven Nys doesn't even drink during New Year and goes to bed at midnight, now that's preparation. Not drinking like a baboon and smoking like a chimney.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

19 Dec 2012 17:37

El Pistolero wrote:How is talking about whether Wiggins can win the Giro or not taking things out of context? ;)

Sven Nys doesn't even drink during New Year and goes to bed at midnight, now that's preparation. Not drinking like a baboon and smoking like a chimney.

You know that after period of smoking hematocrit level raises?
It's part of basic preparations. Latest method from Sky laboratory.
User avatar serfla

19 Dec 2012 18:24

serfla wrote:You know that after period of smoking hematocrit level raises?
It's part of basic preparations. Latest method from Sky laboratory.

so? you can just as well stay on elevation, without smoking, which is bad for about everything else
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

19 Dec 2012 19:10

Ryo Hazuki wrote:so? you can just as well stay on elevation, without smoking, which is bad for about everything else

What he said
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

19 Dec 2012 19:22

effortlessly
User avatar airstream

19 Dec 2012 19:59

The troll posts here are less fun if people take them completely seriously. Cmon guys, focus!
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

19 Dec 2012 20:16

Ryo Hazuki wrote:so? you can just as well stay on elevation, without smoking, which is bad for about everything else

It's too expensive for teams to keep riders for extensive periods of time in resorts on high altitude.
Cigarettes are economical solution in the era of financial crisis and expense cutting.
Depending on goals and phase of preparation, every rider has his own program of cigarette consumption. Also depending on training program, cigarettes of different amount of CO are used.

Alcohol consumption is still in research phase, but there are evidences that it facilitates respiratory exchange after periods of consumption.

Wiggo is, obviously, pioneer in new training approach.
We all know how important is to apply modern methods in training, and what advantage it can give a rider.

Wiggo for the double!
User avatar serfla

19 Dec 2012 20:23

serfla wrote:It's too expensive for teams to keep riders for extensive periods of time in resorts on high altitude.
Cigarettes are economical solution in the era of financial crisis and expense cutting.
Depending on goals and phase of preparation, every rider has his own program of cigarette consumption. Also depending on training program, cigarettes of different amount of CO are used.

Alcohol consumption is still in research phase, but there are evidences that it facilitates respiratory exchange after periods of consumption.

We all know how important is to apply modern methods in training, and what advantage it can give a rider.

Wiggo for the double!

Magnificent effort. POTD.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

19 Dec 2012 20:40

serfla wrote:It's too expensive for teams to keep riders for extensive periods of time in resorts on high altitude.

Wiggo for the double!

Wiggo for the Treple!
biopass

19 Dec 2012 20:59

biopass wrote:Wiggo for the Treple!

Wiggo for president!
...I mean - prime minister. Like Churchill.
User avatar serfla

20 Dec 2012 12:02

Wiggo for the double!

now it's too obvious a troll ;)
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

20 Dec 2012 13:26

Sad to say but I reckon the only doubles Wiggo gets in 2013 will be at the bar.
jamiephillips

21 Dec 2012 04:09

Is this a serious poll?

The only way Wiggo could get close to doubling in GTs would be to surgically connect himself another rider. And perhaps enhance his performance in other ways.
JimmyFingers wrote:Look I no way dispute Wiggins ... he is doping, he's at it all the time, and has been for years.
User avatar Ripper

21 Dec 2012 07:42

Where is option for me? No, and he will finish both races as lanterne rouge
User avatar CraZyCaLL

21 Dec 2012 07:49

CraZyCaLL wrote:Where is option for me? No, and he will finish both races as lanterne rouge

Sir Wiggo will be leader for the Giro and if he does Le Tour he will need to be a gregario for Froome.
calinmarian

21 Dec 2012 11:22

Contador couldn't do it. Wiggins has no chance.
User avatar Alphabet

21 Dec 2012 19:06

I think a better poll question would've been: Can Wiggo do better than AC did in 2011?

I don't think he'll win both, it will be interesting to see how close he comes.
User avatar BeachBum

21 Dec 2012 20:07

He has, predictably, lost focus and is not having what might be described as "an ideal winter preparation". I'd question his hunger and motivation....if he could harness a bit of spite, then he may come close :D
User avatar armchairclimber

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing