Register

Who will win the 2013 GIRO? (Second round)

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Who will win the 2013 GIRO?

Wiggins
30%
Nibali
30%
Rodriguez
6%
Hesjedal
6%
Gesink
12%
Sanchez
3%
Basso
4%
Scarponi
1%
A colombian
2%
Other/Vino
5%

Total votes : 171

24 Dec 2012 23:32

El Pistolero wrote:I'm still convinced the main reason he's riding the Giro is because he's fed up with riding the Tour de France as a domestique for the Schlecks.

He said when announcing his schedule that he feels he has achieved his success in the Tour and would like to split his season into 2 peaks - spring and Autumn.

So a week or 2 of the Giro will round out his first peak -March April after which he has a week in May all of June, all of July and even some of August, to rest and prepare for that late September 2nd peak.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

24 Dec 2012 23:35

For the life of me I can not figure out how Purito and Hesjedal have only 7% and 8%..

It seems like there will be some very disappointed fans come this May..
El Pistolero wrote: Gratz to Cav.
User avatar Froome19

24 Dec 2012 23:39

El Pistolero wrote: "You mad" is just an internet meme. For the love of God lol.

Ok thats a good explanation.

But wait, that wasnt what you said

El Pistolero wrote:
Perhaps you shouldn't get angry all the time when someone criticizes your hero lol.

El Pistolero wrote:
Looks to me like you're just angry I criticize someone you like. Get over it lol.

You just got caught up in your own lies. Could we stop pretending you werent trolling now?
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

User avatar The Hitch

24 Dec 2012 23:40

Froome19 wrote:For the life of me I can not figure out how Purito and Hesjedal have only 7% and 8%..

what??

User avatar Ryo Hazuki

24 Dec 2012 23:41

Eshnar wrote:Wiggo included?

Yes, I would think so. Not 100% sure like, but it's most logical :p
Gloin22

24 Dec 2012 23:42

Gloin22 wrote:Yes, I would think so. Not 100% sure like, but it's most logical :p

Would be interesting to see him in TA and Trentino
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar

24 Dec 2012 23:42

The Hitch wrote:He said when announcing his schedule that he feels he has achieved his success in the Tour and would like to split his season into 2 peaks - spring and Autumn.

So a week or 2 of the Giro will round out his first peak -March April after which he has a week in May all of June, all of July and even some of August, to rest and prepare for that late September 2nd peak.

What does he want to win in the Autumn that he hasn't won already lol?

Yeah, the WC road race, but this year is much tougher than even Mendrisio. And riding the Tour didn't exactly hurt his chances in the 2009 road race(his ego on the other hand didn't do him much favour).

The Hitch wrote:Ok thats a good explanation.

But wait, that wasnt what you said

You just got caught up in your own lies. Could we stop pretending you werent trolling now?

Not at all, you have an aggressive posting style. It implies you're angry. Your earlier reaction I just replied to was much calmer. ;) Perhaps you should try and post more like that and I won't make such reactions lol.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

24 Dec 2012 23:45

Eshnar wrote:Would be interesting to see him in TA and Trentino

Yeah agreed, it's those races he needs to race to accustom himself to prepare for Giro climbs ( recon races won't be enough for that ) that's why they choose those races ( obviously :p )
Gloin22

24 Dec 2012 23:45

Froome19 wrote:For the life of me I can not figure out how Purito and Hesjedal have only 7% and 8%..

the poll asks for who will win not who people hope will win, so people voting against Hejsedal or Purito arent neccesarily cheering against them.

For another it makes sense that most people think Wiggins will beat both these riders. It also makes sense that people think Nibali will beat them since he is just about a better tter and the tt is key.

Also Purito probably wont even do the Giro.

User avatar The Hitch

24 Dec 2012 23:54

El Pistolero wrote:What does he want to win in the Autumn that he hasn't won already lol?

Yeah, the WC road race, but this year is much tougher than even Mendrisio. And riding the Tour didn't exactly hurt his chances in the 2009 road race(his ego on the other hand didn't do him much favour).

just read it again and ironically he says he is skipping the Tour because of no prologue as well as because "what do i have left to prove".

He doesnt specify what autumn goals just said "skip the tour and prepare for the second half" I agree worlds is too hard for him but hell try anyway, try for the tt, and maybe go for Canadian classics, Paris Tours, something like that.

Not at all, you have an aggressive posting style. It implies you're angry. Your earlier reaction I just replied to was much calmer. ;) Perhaps you should try and post more like that and I won't make such reactions

Fair enough.

User avatar The Hitch

24 Dec 2012 23:54

I think a lot of people here just vote for their favorite riders in polls.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

24 Dec 2012 23:57

Purito I can see because many voted before Katusha was denied WT status and he was more likely, IMO, to do the Tour since he passed on it in 2012. Hesjedal I agree with you. If he comes to the Giro with the same form as 2012 he has to be considered as one of the contenders. Although I can't remember if I voted at all or not.:eek:

Edit: My vote is in for Hesjedal, partly because I believe he can win and partly because I really don't want Wiggins to get the win although he is fully capable if he shows similar form to 2012.
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

25 Dec 2012 01:13

Angliru wrote:Purito I can see because many voted before Katusha was denied WT status and he was more likely, IMO, to do the Tour since he passed on it in 2012. Hesjedal I agree with you. If he comes to the Giro with the same form as 2012 he has to be considered as one of the contenders. Although I can't remember if I voted at all or not.:eek:

Edit: My vote is in for Hesjedal, partly because I believe he can win and partly because I really don't want Wiggins to get the win although he is fully capable if he shows similar form to 2012.

People probably still have the 2012 Tour in their minds. I think Wiggins will be favourite and you have to admit, the Tour win was a dominant one. I think Ryder is the danger. Nibali and Rodriguez the others. Wiggins has the TT advantage.
movingtarget

25 Dec 2012 10:30

El Pistolero wrote:I think a lot of people here just vote for their favorite riders in polls.

If we did Madrazo would win ;)

:D
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

25 Dec 2012 10:49

If only this poll had a 'Thomas Dekker' option it would be easy
BYOP88 wrote:Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi

25 Dec 2012 14:33

Intxausti to lead Movistar and target podium at the Giro
http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=58142
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

User avatar Eshnar

25 Dec 2012 15:09

lol podium is way out of reach for benat
BYOP88 wrote:Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi

25 Dec 2012 15:26

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:lol podium is way out of reach for benat

:D At least the guy is ambitious

User avatar Eshnar

25 Dec 2012 15:40

Eshnar wrote:Intxausti to lead Movistar and target podium at the Giro
http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=58142

I thought that Capecchi would lead Movistar? I'm quite sure that I heard him talk about aiming for Giro top-10.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

31 Dec 2012 11:48

"But I see myself in the top three and for the others to beat me, they'll have to be at 110%."

the thing we all waited for since 2006. robobasso makes a comeback in may 2013. be afraid.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/basso-focused-for-a-giro-ditalia-success-in-2013

_O_

vai ivan!!!!!!!
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing