Register

Who will win the 2013 GIRO? (Second round)

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Who will win the 2013 GIRO?

Wiggins
30%
Nibali
30%
Rodriguez
6%
Hesjedal
6%
Gesink
12%
Sanchez
3%
Basso
4%
Scarponi
1%
A colombian
2%
Other/Vino
5%

Total votes : 171

06 Jan 2013 19:20

cineteq wrote:Is he becoming now a trash talker? :D Do you mind posting the source of his comments?

Who's talkin' trash? Swabian Lass?
theyoungest

06 Jan 2013 22:27

cineteq wrote:Is he becoming now a trash talker? :D Do you mind posting the source of his comments?

Whose comments? I didn't quote anybody, that was pure speculation on my part, take it or leave it.
User avatar Swabian Lass

06 Jan 2013 22:31

Swabian Lass wrote:Whose comments? I didn't quote anybody, that was pure speculation on my part, take it or leave it.
Understood, anything you say from now on can only be ignored.
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

06 Jan 2013 22:57

cineteq wrote:Understood, anything you say from now on can only be ignored.

Maybe you should reread her post you reacted to... you're not making sense.
theyoungest

06 Jan 2013 23:07

theyoungest wrote:Maybe you should reread her post you reacted to... you're not making sense.

indeed the only person making no sense here is cineteq. . . lass didn't quote any1 nor mention any trash talk. . .
User avatar Parrulo

06 Jan 2013 23:57

theyoungest wrote:Maybe you should reread her post you reacted to... you're not making sense.

Parrulo wrote:indeed the only person making no sense here is cineteq. . . lass didn't quote any1 nor mention any trash talk. . .
Maybe she should stop speculating, and learn how to convey information properly to avoid misunderstandings. Obviously, I wasn't the only one who thought the same thing. (see Dazed and Confused's comment).

PS: Parrulo I'm still waiting for your belated apology. I'm sitting. :D
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

07 Jan 2013 01:14

cineteq wrote:Maybe she should stop speculating, and learn how to convey information properly to avoid misunderstandings. Obviously, I wasn't the only one who thought the same thing. (see Dazed and Confused's comment).

What are you talking about? :confused: She wasn't trying to convey any new information, she was just giving her opinion. Plus most of this thread is speculation.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

07 Jan 2013 08:03

cineteq wrote:Maybe she should stop speculating, and learn how to convey information properly to avoid misunderstandings. Obviously, I wasn't the only one who thought the same thing. (see Dazed and Confused's comment).

Well, from my side the only thing disappointing is the lack of Gesink actually trash taking a couple of other riders. Would have started the season on the right note.
Dazed and Confused

07 Jan 2013 08:08

Swabian Lass wrote:Gesink. For what it's worth. I am sadly no longer convinced that Nibali's got what it takes (although I'd be delighted for him to prove me wrong) and I'm not sure that Wiggins will reproduce last year's form or have the same appetite.

Sanchez will liven things up and I'm looking forward to watching him, but I don't see him on the podium somehow this year.

I think Nibali is better overall than Gesink, he has more experience at GT's as well. Considering Gesink has never podiumed at a GT and is only 2 years younger than Nibali, there really isn't too much at this stage that suggest Gesink will have a better Giro than Nibali.

Of course, we'll get a clearer indication once the season starts, but for now I think it's a big call to say that Gesink is more likely to win than Nibali.
User avatar Alphabet

07 Jan 2013 08:25

Alphabet wrote:I think Nibali is better overall than Gesink, he has more experience at GT's as well. Considering Gesink has never podiumed at a GT and is only 2 years younger than Nibali, there really isn't too much at this stage that suggest Gesink will have a better Giro than Nibali.

Of course, we'll get a clearer indication once the season starts, but for now I think it's a big call to say that Gesink is more likely to win than Nibali.

When they went head to head in Tirreno, Pais Vasco, Dauphiné, Gesink beat Nibali every time... and not because Nibali had bad form or something. But yeah, it's hard to argue against Nibali being the better GT rider, although luck certainly hasn't been on Gesink's side.

She used a full stop, where you read a colon. That's it. Maybe you need to learn how to read propery to avoid misunderstandings ;)
theyoungest

07 Jan 2013 09:38

Gesink has always been good at weeklong stage races, he just can't keep up the consistency for 3 weeks unlike Nibali.
User avatar Alphabet

07 Jan 2013 10:39

Alphabet wrote:Gesink has always been good at weeklong stage races, he just can't keep up the consistency for 3 weeks unlike Nibali.

Wrong, Gesink can't just keep up for 3 weeks. Nothing to do with consistency ;) more with keeiping up. ;)
BYOP88 wrote:Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi

07 Jan 2013 10:56

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Wrong, Gesink can't just keep up for 3 weeks. Nothing to do with consistency ;) more with keeiping up. ;)

Is he a grand tour rider or a week long stage race rider with one big mountain finish just Tour of Oman or California?
calinmarian

07 Jan 2013 12:25

Maaaaaaaarten wrote:No actually I am 190cm and used to be only 70kg for a few years, now I'm skinny for sure, but nothing unhealthy. (I'm almost 75kg now :p) BMI is just fine for 190cm and 70kg.

maybe to you it is. to me it's skin and bones. depends of on your "referentiekader". bmi is bull***** anyway
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

07 Jan 2013 12:39

Ryo Hazuki wrote:maybe to you it is. to me it's skin and bones. depends of on your "referentiekader". bmi is bull***** anyway

Considering a cyclist must have some proper leg muscles, and muscle tissue is heavier than fat tissue, a 190 cm cyclist who weighs 70 kg will have quite some less fat compared to a 190 cm 70 kg "normal" person and therefore more skin and bones than a normal person.
hidache

07 Jan 2013 12:39

hidache wrote:Considering a cyclist must have some proper leg muscles, and muscle tissue is heavier than fat tissue, a 190 cm cyclist who weighs 70 kg will have quite some less fat compared to a 190 cm 70 kg "normal" person and therefore more skin and bones than a normal person.

yes indeed. also if you've ever seen a cyclist in person in his clothing you know how thin they are
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

07 Jan 2013 12:44

Dazed and Confused wrote:Well, from my side the only thing disappointing is the lack of Gesink actually trash taking a couple of other riders. Would have started the season on the right note.
I can't deny I was excited about the Gesink's trash talking. ;)

theyoungest wrote:She used a full stop, where you read a colon. That's it. Maybe you need to learn how to read propery to avoid misunderstandings ;)
Right, a colon was the issue. I was reading too fast. Kudos for not being condescending or insulting. Maybe you should be a mod. :D
User avatar cineteq

07 Jan 2013 14:46

cineteq wrote:I can't deny I was excited about the Gesink's trash talking. ;)

Right, a colon was the issue. I was reading too fast. Kudos for not being condescending or insulting. Maybe you should be a mod. :D

Them pesky colons! No problem, I understand where you were coming from now.

I agree it would have been a lot more exciting if Gesink had been trash talking though. ;)
User avatar Swabian Lass

07 Jan 2013 15:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7JckNjqVmo

great promo, almost all the guys that will be there next may talking about pink.

RCS needs to dig deep into their pockets and start forcing this promos ( like this one as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmhd0jjZwWM)into main stream television channels that cover the giro.
User avatar Parrulo

07 Jan 2013 15:11

Parrulo wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7JckNjqVmo

great promo, almost all the guys that will be there next may taking about pink.

RCS needs to dig deep into their pockets and start forcing this promos ( like this one as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmhd0jjZwWM)into main stream television channels that cover the giro.

Purito.... You're still in time to change your mind :o
[SIZE="1"]please[/SIZE]
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing