Register

Who will better the other Contador vs Schleck in 2013!

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Schleck vs Contador in 2013

Poll ended at 25 Dec 2012 01:35

Alberto Contador
77%
Andy Schleck
14%
Other, for those who never vote but like to click buttons.
9%

Total votes : 92

22 Dec 2012 18:54

Parrulo wrote:was the jest in my post so hard to detect? :o

I guess I'm just too tired to detect that :o

But honestly, will you take the bet? (Please!) :p
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

22 Dec 2012 18:59

Netserk wrote:I guess I'm just too tired to detect that :o

But honestly, will you take the bet? (Please!) :p

obviously not!!! it's a lost bet :p
User avatar Parrulo

22 Dec 2012 19:51

Parrulo wrote:was the jest in my post so hard to detect? :o

That sucks :D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

22 Dec 2012 20:56

Schleck, TdF will be the decider.
Dazed and Confused

22 Dec 2012 20:58

Netserk wrote:There will not be a single stage race, where Andy finishes in front of Alberto in 2013.

No one of the Andy voters willing to take this bet?
User avatar LaFlorecita

22 Dec 2012 20:59

El Pistolero wrote:People who vote Andy are just show offs. In case of the very small chance he does indeed do better they'll bring this thread up to show how smart they are. In case Andy doesn't ride better(much bigger chance of happening) they'll forget all about this thread's existence.

;)

Andy fans or people who want to troll Alberto fans
User avatar LaFlorecita

22 Dec 2012 21:07

is this poll for real.......like there is any way Abandony Schleck will ever have a better season the The Great One....:D:D:D
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

http://www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
User avatar Siriuscat

22 Dec 2012 21:19

LaFlorecita wrote:No one of the Andy voters willing to take this bet?

i think based on what i remember of the last 4 years he had only 1 better result in a stage race and that was tour'11.

And that's it. And if someone can prove me wrong (beginning '08) i'll change my avatar to what you want.
User avatar Miburo

22 Dec 2012 21:44

Siriuscat wrote:is this poll for real.......like there is any way Abandony Schleck will ever have a better season the The Great One....:D:D:D

impossible :D
User avatar LaFlorecita

22 Dec 2012 21:45

The real question is if Andy will have a better season than retired Vino
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

22 Dec 2012 22:55

El Pistolero wrote:Andy's been out for a large part of the season.

I really doubt he'll win much. He'll have a season like Breschel and Boonen after their injury filled years.

People who vote Andy are just show offs. In case of the very small chance he does indeed do better they'll bring this thread up to show how smart they are. In case Andy doesn't ride better(much bigger chance of happening) they'll forget all about this thread's existence.

;)

Not at all, we just prefer to root for Andy as opposed to Contador. ;)

Miburo wrote:Based on history: '07,'08,'09,'10,'11, (doing '12 is not far for andy) it'll be Contador :D

And knowing AS didn't ride much this year it's very unlikely he'll get back into his rythm. AS can deny common sense though (no clinic intended).

He's a great talent after all, but Contador aswell.

He's prob enraged about the things that happened to his bro and knowing his season was a fail. But his rage is nothing compared to what Contador must be feeling.

So pretty easy. Contador ;)

Why would Contador be angrier than Schleck? He won the Vuelta and showed he still had it, Riis went out and got him a real team, Saxo got into the world tour; I'd say things are going pretty well for him. Schleck on the other hand had a terrible season, his closest ally and brother may get suspended, and his team is falling apart and likely will only last one more season.

I'd say it's pretty clear who has more rage to use at this point.

LaFlorecita wrote:Andy fans or people who want to troll Alberto fans

the same can be said about Contador fans.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

22 Dec 2012 22:59

Afrank wrote:

Why would Contador be angrier than Schleck? He won the Vuelta and showed he still had it, Riis went out and got him a real team, Saxo got into the world tour; I'd say things are going pretty well for him. Schleck on the other hand had a terrible season, his closest ally and brother may get suspended, and his team is falling apart and likely will only last one more season.

Agree, I expect a big season from Schleck in '13. Must deliver.
Dazed and Confused

23 Dec 2012 10:08

Afrank wrote:Not at all, we just prefer to root for Andy as opposed to Contador. ;)

This is about common sense, not about who you cheer for.

Haha :D Alberto is angry because he got banned and lost 3 of his prime years. Well we'll see I guess :D

the same can be said about Contador fans.

Yea we vote for Alberto.

You don't want to take Netserk's avatar bet?
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 Dec 2012 10:15

The only races Alberto and Andy will both "race" are TA and TDF. Obviously Andy needs to win TDF to win this poll. He'd have to put 3-4 minutes into Alberto in the mountains :D and don't forget there are descent finishes :eek: :D In other words there is no way that will happen unless Alberto crashes or gets stuck behind a crash and R'shack drill it on the front again like they've done before :rolleyes:
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 Dec 2012 10:26

LaFlorecita wrote:The only races Alberto and Andy will both "race" are TA and TDF. Obviously Andy needs to win TDF to win this poll. He'd have to put 3-4 minutes into Alberto in the mountains :D and don't forget there are descent finishes :D

Subtle ;)

:o
El Pistolero wrote: Gratz to Cav.
User avatar Froome19

23 Dec 2012 10:36

Froome19 wrote:Subtle ;)

:o

:confused: what do you mean?
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 Dec 2012 10:49

Afrank wrote:Why would Contador be angrier than Schleck? He won the Vuelta and showed he still had it, Riis went out and got him a real team, Saxo got into the world tour; I'd say things are going pretty well for him. Schleck on the other hand had a terrible season, his closest ally and brother may get suspended, and his team is falling apart and likely will only last one more season.

You are.only looking at a couple of factors that fans no about..there are hundreds of things more likely to get you angry than the " team might disband" we don't know what their situation is at home.

And at the tdf contador is the one who hundreds of smart asses will blame for the entire problem.of.doping in cycling so he might get angry that way.

Either way i don't think anger is a major advantage anyway. They are professionals who know how to get the most out of their bodies without tricking their bodies.into fury. It might even blind them into mistiming efforts or.going too hard
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

23 Dec 2012 11:09

The Hitch wrote:You are.only looking at a couple of factors that fans no about..there are hundreds of things more likely to get you angry than the " team might disband" we don't know what their situation is at home.

And at the tdf contador is the one who hundreds of smart asses will blame for the entire problem.of.doping in cycling so he might get angry that way.

Either way i don't think anger is a major advantage anyway. They are professionals who know how to get the most out of their bodies without tricking their bodies.into fury. It might even blind them into mistiming efforts or.going too hard

What about 2009 Tour?
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 Dec 2012 11:33

LaFlorecita wrote:What about 2009 Tour?

What about it?
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

23 Dec 2012 12:57

The Hitch wrote:What about it?

Wasn't he driven by anger back then?
User avatar LaFlorecita

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing