Register

Who will better the other Contador vs Schleck in 2013!

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Schleck vs Contador in 2013

Poll ended at 25 Dec 2012 01:35

Alberto Contador
77%
Andy Schleck
14%
Other, for those who never vote but like to click buttons.
9%

Total votes : 92

23 Dec 2012 13:15

LaFlorecita wrote:Wasn't he driven by anger back then?

Doubt it. He won by 6 minutes. If anger was that effective everyone would be putting their.inlaws into the team cars.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

23 Dec 2012 13:19

The Hitch wrote:Doubt it. He won by 6 minutes. If anger was that effective everyone would be putting their.inlaws into the team cars.

Lol ok :D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 Dec 2012 13:31

Alberto will win Tour and Vuelta.

Schleck will finish 3rd in the Tour behind new bridesmaid Froome.

I'm also hoping he gets on the podium in LBL behind Phil ofc.
User avatar the asian

23 Dec 2012 13:55

Contador is done, he will only get worse
Schleck on the other hand i think is capable of coming to a really good level, not his best but close
User avatar iZnoGouD

23 Dec 2012 14:00

iZnoGouD wrote:Contador is done, he will only get worse
Schleck on the other hand i think is capable of coming to a really good level, not his best but close

but not close to machado
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

23 Dec 2012 14:11

iZnoGouD wrote:Contador is done, he will only get worse

Do you think Alberto has had his prime years? What age do you think he reached it? Prime is what, 2-3 years? So he reached it in 2008? Or what?
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 Dec 2012 14:36

I still remember the podium ceremony when he won verbier...It said more than all the interviews he gave that past year.

That passion, that anger. Damn man. At that moment I knew no one is ever going to mess with him.

Actually, no at arcalis I already knew that ;)

He might talk in cliche's and **** but that doesn't matter. I don't base my opinion on him in those 2 minutes. I do that in the previous hours seeing him ride

Now i'm waiting for the podium at Alpe D'huez. It should be quite a sight.
User avatar Miburo

23 Dec 2012 14:36

LaFlorecita wrote:What about 2009 Tour?

Alberto won 2009 Tour because he was smarter and better. Just as he is now and will continue to win.
User avatar veganrob

23 Dec 2012 14:41

LaFlorecita wrote:Do you think Alberto has had his prime years? What age do you think he reached it? Prime is what, 2-3 years? So he reached it in 2008? Or what?

Athletes can now hold their prime for 5 years due to advanced knowledge in training. We still have 2 more prime years for Alberto. :)
User avatar veganrob

23 Dec 2012 14:41

veganrob wrote:Athletes can now hold their prime for 5 years due to advanced knowledge in training. We still have 2 more prime years for Alberto. :)

I don't think Alberto reached his prime in 2008-2009. In 2011 I think.
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 Dec 2012 14:53

LaFlorecita wrote:I don't think Alberto reached his prime in 2008-2009. In 2011 I think.

yes. in 2011 giro he was the best ever.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

23 Dec 2012 15:17

Ryo Hazuki wrote:yes. in 2011 giro he was the best ever.

I think he can still hit that level, or close to it. He was pretty good in the Vuelta this year, with quite a bit of solid competition and missing the kind of MTF's that he's the best at. With racing in his legs from last year, he's going to be pretty good this year.
Moser fanboy.

Libertine Seguros wrote:Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
User avatar gustienordic

23 Dec 2012 17:31

Voted Andy.

Contador is no longer the same rider he was before.
biopass

23 Dec 2012 17:46

gustienordic wrote:I think he can still hit that level, or close to it. He was pretty good in the Vuelta this year, with quite a bit of solid competition and missing the kind of MTF's that he's the best at. With racing in his legs from last year, he's going to be pretty good this year.

It is hope for the best, but not belief in the best. He had all MTF's he could dream of.
User avatar airstream

23 Dec 2012 17:52

LaFlorecita wrote:This is about common sense, not about who you cheer for.

It's not about that at all, with polls like these most people will vote for the guy they like more. And it's not like it is just common sense that Contador will beat Schleck. A lot can happen in cycling, for all we know Schleck could come back in 2013 stronger than he was in the 2010 tour and beat Contador.

Haha :D Alberto is angry because he got banned and lost 3 of his prime years. Well we'll see I guess :D

Of course, but people usually don't hang on to their anger for so long. If he used it in his riding, he used it at the Vuelta IMO. Schleck still has a lot to prove after 2012 so I see anger playing more a role for him than Contador.

Yea we vote for Alberto.

You don't want to take Netserk's avatar bet?

:confused:

Nah, I'm not gonna risk my avatar, nothing is certain at this point. I'll just wait and cheer Schleck on during the season.

The Hitch wrote:You are.only looking at a couple of factors that fans no about..there are hundreds of things more likely to get you angry than the " team might disband" we don't know what their situation is at home.

And at the tdf contador is the one who hundreds of smart asses will blame for the entire problem.of.doping in cycling so he might get angry that way.

Either way i don't think anger is a major advantage anyway. They are professionals who know how to get the most out of their bodies without tricking their bodies.into fury. It might even blind them into mistiming efforts or.going too hard

Sure there are more factors, but we as fans really have no way of knowing what they are or if there even are any. But based on what we do know for sure, Schleck I think would have more anger to access than Contador.

Agree with the second part of your post. Anger I think can at times be a advantage but can also easily be a disadvantage. While a little anger to drive ones attaks can help, one also needs to be cool and collected to win a big race like the Tour.
User avatar Afrank

23 Dec 2012 19:38

LaFlorecita wrote:The only races Alberto and Andy will both "race" are TA and TDF. Obviously Andy needs to win TDF to win this poll. He'd have to put 3-4 minutes into Alberto in the mountains :D and don't forget there are descent finishes In other words there is no way that will happen unless Alberto crashes or gets stuck behind a crash and R'shack drill it on the front again like they've done before :rolleyes:

And thats poor Andy's biggest problem.....GRAVITY....he just can't stay upright!! :D:D

Unless a miracle has happened this is a no brainer!!
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

http://www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
User avatar Siriuscat

23 Dec 2012 19:40

Siriuscat wrote:And thats poor Andy's biggest problem.....GRAVITY....he just can't stay upright!! :D:D

Unless a miracle has happened this is a no brainer!!

Well quite some people appear to believe in miracles!

This reminds me of theswordsman's (RIP) tweets before TDF 2011... #NoMiracleInJuly
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 Dec 2012 19:52

andy will whoop this guy's sorry little a$$, no doubt about it
piccoli equivoci senza importanza.

Visit my blog on spanish history: http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
User avatar Christian

23 Dec 2012 20:05

Ryo Hazuki wrote:yes. in 2011 giro he was the best ever.

Because he could keep up with Rujano there ofc, next year Contador won't stand a chance against his awesome climbing power.
This thread should actually have a decent poll and have Rujano included. :D
User avatar Pentacycle

23 Dec 2012 20:06

I don't see Andy in the same league as Bertie. A perverse thing to say but I reckon, push comes to shove, Bertie wins every time.
User avatar armchairclimber

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing