Register

Best Young Pro Tour Riders to watch in 2013

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

25 Dec 2012 10:50

Lutsenko :D

BYOP88 wrote:Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi

25 Dec 2012 11:40

lutsenko and dombrowski
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

25 Dec 2012 11:50

jens_attacks wrote:lutsenko and dombrowski

+ Aru and we have reached an agreement :)
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

25 Dec 2012 11:54

Pentacycle wrote:Maybe we'll have to wait until 2014 until he shows his class in Europe. Quintana already rode Volta Catalunya in 2011 for instance, winning the KOM jersey there showing his good and quick adaption to European racing. Ospina might have to get used to the tempo in regular stages. He has talent, but he also still has to prove himself a reliable rider on the flat and in positioning. Although I don't know how good he is at that atm.

ospina is a much different rider from quintana. he is way bigger and more "european". I expected quintana to have issues on the flat in europe. especially the first few years but he didn;t. I therefore see no reason why ospina would have.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

25 Dec 2012 12:09

Ryo Hazuki wrote:I therefore see no reason why ospina would have.

Reason: lack of racing experience in general and in Europe specifically.
janraaskalt

25 Dec 2012 12:14

I hope Van Keirsbulck can get to show himself in 2013, but being on OPQS of course makes it hard.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:contador is such a coward :o
User avatar Hugo Koblet

25 Dec 2012 12:17

Hugo Koblet wrote:I hope Van Keirsbulck can get to show himself in 2013, but being on OPQS of course makes it hard.

Hopefully in smaller races like 'Driedaagse de Panne-Koksijde' or 'Driedaagse van West-Vlaanderen' or so.
"It is going to be very scary." - Tom Boonen*
User avatar Panda Claws

25 Dec 2012 13:21

WIlco Kelderman had top 10s in California and Dauphine so the talent is their and can only improve
http://sbbcolumns.co.uk/giro-stage-16-cycling-preview/ My Stage 16 go to guys here

http://sbbcolumns.co.uk/giro-ditalia-2015-fight-for-pink-blog/ Giro D'Italia 2015 hit up the blog new blogs each day
User avatar manafana

25 Dec 2012 13:39

manafana wrote:WIlco Kelderman had top 10s in California and Dauphine so the talent is their and can only improve

Yes but he is also Dutch which means he probably falls 10 times a year which will eventually halt progression.
Because getting injuries means getting back to your previous level instead of improving all the time
BYOP88 wrote:Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi

25 Dec 2012 17:30

Luca Wackermann.

He's similiar to Moreno Moser, he was European Road Champion on his first year as a Junior rider, in 2009, beating Arnaud Demare.
User avatar FujiAnton

25 Dec 2012 18:01

Lutsenko and Aru at Astana, Barguil and van Rensburg at Argos, Sebastian Lander at BMC, Matthias Krizek and Michel Koch at Cannondale (I don't know a great deal about them, but I trust the former Liquigas scouts' abilities after the last few seasons), Sergey Chernetskiy at Katyusha, Rohan Dennis at Garmin, Luca Wackermann at Lampre, Argiro Ospina at Movistar, Josh Edmondson and Joe Dombrowski at Sky.
User avatar Libertine Seguros

25 Dec 2012 18:23

Libertine Seguros wrote:Lutsenko and Aru at Astana, Barguil and van Rensburg at Argos, Sebastian Lander at BMC, Matthias Krizek and Michel Koch at Cannondale (I don't know a great deal about them, but I trust the former Liquigas scouts' abilities after the last few seasons), Sergey Chernetskiy at Katyusha, Rohan Dennis at Garmin, Luca Wackermann at Lampre, Argiro Ospina at Movistar, Josh Edmondson and Joe Dombrowski at Sky.

+ Ian Boswell at Sky, he's shown some impressive results as well.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

25 Dec 2012 19:00

Why nobody talk about Pinot? A gifted rider like A.Shleck at the same age (according to me 10th at the Tour it's as good as 2nd at the Giro). Hope to see him in a good shape during the spring classics.

Sicard suffered from knee injury and illness as somebody said, but he came back pretty strong at the end of the season. At the vuelta he did well, GC not so bad, and good form after 3 weeks (stage 20) for his first GT. Apparently he's very motivated this winter for starting the season well....
User avatar Xavier.Lopez

26 Dec 2012 03:12

I've got to agree about Pinot. I think he could make some noise next year.

I was quite suprised to hear that Dombrowski made Sky's long list for the Giro.
June 5, 1988 – The Day the Strong Men Cried
User avatar The_Z_man

26 Dec 2012 05:13

Xavier.Lopez wrote:Why nobody talk about Pinot? A gifted rider like A.Shleck at the same age (according to me 10th at the Tour it's as good as 2nd at the Giro). Hope to see him in a good shape during the spring classics.

Sicard suffered from knee injury and illness as somebody said, but he came back pretty strong at the end of the season. At the vuelta he did well, GC not so bad, and good form after 3 weeks (stage 20) for his first GT. Apparently he's very motivated this winter for starting the season well....

:facepalm:

i wonder how rafael reis will do at ceramica flaminia
User avatar Parrulo

26 Dec 2012 07:40

Pinot has had his breakthrough year. This is about young riders yet to make the breakthrough.

And getting 10th in Tour is not as good as finishing on the podium at the Giro
User avatar the asian

26 Dec 2012 09:32

On the paper 2nd at the Giro can seem better that 10th at the Tour but if we're looking closer...
Pinot won a stage, finish 2nd at one other just ahead Froome, the routes wasn't for him at all (2 longs TT), and of course the Tour is an other level than the Giro, especially in 2007 (Di Luca won, Mazolleni third...).

And for the little story, in 2005 Armstrong during the Tour of California shouted on A.Shleck cause this young anonymous rider was following him in the Moutain everytime he attached... Pinot did the same with Ricco :D
User avatar Xavier.Lopez

26 Dec 2012 10:09

Xavier.Lopez wrote:On the paper 2nd at the Giro can seem better that 10th at the Tour but if we're looking closer...
Pinot won a stage, finish 2nd at one other just ahead Froome, the routes wasn't for him at all (2 longs TT), and of course the Tour is an other level than the Giro, especially in 2007 (Di Luca won, Mazolleni third...).

And for the little story, in 2005 Armstrong during the Tour of California shouted on A.Shleck cause this young anonymous rider was following him in the Moutain everytime he attached... Pinot did the same with Ricco :D

And then compared to what Purito did at the Giro, that's better?

Pinot is a great talent, but as was previously mentioned, I took this thread to be about those riders who've not yet 'broken out', else we'd have been mentioning Pinot, Quintana, Moser, Sagan and Guardini. In that company, Pinot needs to be mentioned but I kind of felt that by coming top 10 in the Tour he's a guy that people should already know about, rather than a tip to keep your eye on.
User avatar Libertine Seguros

28 Dec 2012 17:36

Xavier.Lopez wrote:Why nobody talk about Pinot? A gifted rider like A.Shleck at the same age (according to me 10th at the Tour it's as good as 2nd at the Giro). Hope to see him in a good shape during the spring classics.

for me pinot has already made it no? had a very good tour de france and a stage win.

also agree podium in giro or vuelta for me is better than top 10 in tour for proper cycling fans.
http://sbbcolumns.co.uk/giro-stage-16-cycling-preview/ My Stage 16 go to guys here

http://sbbcolumns.co.uk/giro-ditalia-2015-fight-for-pink-blog/ Giro D'Italia 2015 hit up the blog new blogs each day
User avatar manafana

28 Dec 2012 19:29

Libertine Seguros wrote:And then compared to what Purito did at the Giro, that's better?

I wouldn't compare both performances cause they have been made in different situations, on different routes etc. In 2012 Purito has almost won the Giro + 2 stages + a jersey.
Shleck's performance in 2007 was strong for a child, and I loved it but he wasn't very "active" although regular (several 3rd places) and his opponents were Di Luca and Mazolleni. Plus, the Giro 2007 was better for a climber than the Tour 2012 (100km flat ITT in the Tour against 42 in the Giro).
User avatar Xavier.Lopez

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing