Log in:  

Register

Best Young Pro Tour Riders to watch in 2013

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

05 Jan 2013 23:29

Carlos Betancur is one to watch for sure. His performances on Italian soil in the ultra competitive late season races really need to be noted. He seems to have the punch that many Colombian riders lack. We could be seeing someone who could really be prominent in the Ardennes and also play a big role in a Giro or Vuelta lacking large TT's in the coming years.
bohino11
Junior Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: 24 Feb 2011 17:31

06 Jan 2013 00:18

bohino11 wrote:Carlos Betancur is one to watch for sure. His performances on Italian soil in the ultra competitive late season races really need to be noted. He seems to have the punch that many Colombian riders lack. We could be seeing someone who could really be prominent in the Ardennes and also play a big role in a Giro or Vuelta lacking large TT's in the coming years.


if there's one thing colombian riders are great at and well known for it's their punch and explosiveness, in recent years uran, henao, soler, duarte, serpa etc etc
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,534
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

06 Jan 2013 00:45

Mikel Landa
Pello Bilbao
Garikoitz Bravo

I'm hoping for at least one of these guys to break through. Maybe Bilbao and Bravo aren't up to it, but Landa is a very strong climber and should put in some fine performances in 2013
User avatar Sylvester
Junior Member
 
Posts: 639
Joined: 19 Sep 2010 18:35

06 Jan 2013 00:54

Marco Haller
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,974
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

06 Jan 2013 10:03

The Hitch wrote:Marco Haller


Wherein lies your faith in young Haller? I've got him in a fantasy keepers league for the second year now along with his young team mate Tsatevich, and I'll have to say the latter has shown most promise this year. Haller won one small race stage late in the year, Tsatevich showed himself several times near the front in sprints. I still have faith in the young Austrian, though, but haven't seen enough to warrant a spot on my CQ team ;)

Emilien Viennet might be a surprise and get chances to shine for FDJ already this year, and Danny Van Poppel seems to be a promising young sprinter too. Coquard is obviously going to be a fantastic signing for Europcar.
User avatar Kazistuta
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,086
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 06:18
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

06 Jan 2013 10:31

I have an idea for an avatar bet. Which neo-pro is gonna score more CQ points this year? I have one in mind if anyone's up for it :)
Ryo Hazuki wrote:contador is such a coward :o
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,242
Joined: 09 May 2010 08:08

06 Jan 2013 10:36

Hugo Koblet wrote:I have an idea for an avatar bet. Which neo-pro is gonna score more CQ points this year? I have one in mind if anyone's up for it :)


the world champ ;)

aka Lutsenko
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,521
Joined: 05 May 2011 16:26

06 Jan 2013 11:06

Vino attacks everyone wrote:the world champ ;)

aka Lutsenko


You're up for it? I'll go with Rohan Dennis. I have no idea what avatar I whould punish you with though :D
Ryo Hazuki wrote:contador is such a coward :o
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,242
Joined: 09 May 2010 08:08

06 Jan 2013 11:08

Hugo Koblet wrote:You're up for it? I'll go with Rohan Dennis. I have no idea what avatar I whould punish you with though :D


lol. I would name anyone but rohan dennis. you are going to lose hard
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,534
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

06 Jan 2013 11:14

Ryo Hazuki wrote:lol. I would name anyone but rohan dennis. you are going to lose hard


Why don't you join the bet with Ospina?

I'll join too with Reinardt Janse van Rensburg :p
User avatar Maaaaaaaarten
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,583
Joined: 23 Oct 2011 17:47

06 Jan 2013 11:25

Hugo Koblet wrote:You're up for it? I'll go with Rohan Dennis. I have no idea what avatar I whould punish you with though :D


deal :D

The Kazakh animal will make Dennis cry
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,521
Joined: 05 May 2011 16:26

06 Jan 2013 11:41

Clement Koretzky seems quite a good rider. I'm surprised he didn't sign at a French WT team, although he'll get more chances at Bretagne, together with Sepulveda.

And what about the first Algerian on a PCT team, Youcef Reguigui?
User avatar Pentacycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,177
Joined: 28 May 2012 08:28
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands

06 Jan 2013 14:07

Ryo Hazuki wrote:lol. I would name anyone but rohan dennis. you are going to lose hard

If that's the case, I might be lucky enough to get a Lutsenko avatar :D

Anyway, too bad I can't make two avatar bets because I would love to have a competition of Dennis vs Ospina.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:contador is such a coward :o
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,242
Joined: 09 May 2010 08:08

06 Jan 2013 15:07

make it a 3 way battle . . . . the winner picks the 2 losers avatars.

easy solution really
User avatar Parrulo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,194
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 01:42

06 Jan 2013 15:13

Parrulo wrote:make it a 3 way battle . . . . the winner picks the 2 losers avatars.

easy solution really

I don't think Ryo wants to when it comes down to it :rolleyes:
Ryo Hazuki wrote:contador is such a coward :o
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,242
Joined: 09 May 2010 08:08

06 Jan 2013 17:33

Bryan Coquard :)
Moser fanboy.

Libertine Seguros wrote:Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
User avatar gustienordic
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,174
Joined: 15 Feb 2011 02:57
Location: Wisconsin

07 Jan 2013 01:09

Kazistuta wrote:Wherein lies your faith in young Haller? I've got him in a fantasy keepers league for the second year now along with his young team mate Tsatevich, and I'll have to say the latter has shown most promise this year. Haller won one small race stage late in the year, Tsatevich showed himself several times near the front in sprints. I still have faith in the young Austrian, though, but haven't seen enough to warrant a spot on my CQ team ;)

.


Im wary of riders who dominate the youth ranks then suck in the pros. Haller actually played with the big boys 1 day and looked very good.

But what sealed the deal was that i saw no mention of him anywhere in the threads. So i figured people wouldnt pick him - hoping they had forgotten because everyone was looking at the u23 ranks, missing the talent hiding in plain sight.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,974
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

07 Jan 2013 09:26

Sorry Maaaaaaaarten, I overlooked your message.

So Vino and Maaaaaaaarten we have a three way deal? What about you, gustienordic, you want in on it with Coquard as well?

The winner choses an avatar for the losers for how long?

Ryo is of couse welcome as well, but I don't expect it to happen.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:contador is such a coward :o
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,242
Joined: 09 May 2010 08:08

07 Jan 2013 11:15

Fine as far as I'm concerned
User avatar Maaaaaaaarten
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,583
Joined: 23 Oct 2011 17:47

07 Jan 2013 17:37

I don't have enough faith in Coquard to beat Lutsenko or Dennis :cool:
Moser fanboy.

Libertine Seguros wrote:Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
User avatar gustienordic
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,174
Joined: 15 Feb 2011 02:57
Location: Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: afpm90, davebqvst, Jolleh, kanari, Nuge__ and 56 guests

Back to top