Register

Cycling Commentators/Experts Frustations

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Cycling Commentators/Experts Frustations

05 Jan 2013 21:13

I'm assuming a thread about this might already exist, if so let's make this the new one and share the frustration of the journalists and commentators their expertise.

Johan Museeuw "JVDB2 will podium the tour this year" :o

Commentators on the dutch eurosport are the worst i've ever heard. Arrogant pricks and don't know anything of cycling.

NOS-people are also pretty bad, the only decent one was Boogerd but i bet he won't be on there again :rolleyes:

And no poll...
User avatar Miburo

05 Jan 2013 21:28

Miburo wrote:
Johan Museeuw "JVDB2 will podium the tour this year"

So he is predicting that about 10 gc riders crash out.

ANyway that is nothing compared to the notorious mindblowing stupidity of people like anthony tan and brendan gallackar.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

05 Jan 2013 21:32

Miburo wrote:I'm assuming a thread about this might already exist, if so let's make this the new one and share the frustration of the journalists and commentators their expertise.

Commentators on the dutch eurosport are the worst i've ever heard. Arrogant pricks and don't know anything of cycling.

NOS-people are also pretty bad, the only decent one was Boogerd but i bet he won't be on there again :rolleyes:

And no poll...

Yea Michael is nice.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

05 Jan 2013 21:35

The Hitch wrote:So he is predicting that about 10 gc riders crash out.

ANyway that is nothing compared to the notorious mindblowing stupidity of people like anthony tan and brendan gallackar.

Share some quotes, should be good for a lol
User avatar Miburo

05 Jan 2013 21:49

Yeah because it's such a dumb thing to say someone who got fourth in the Tour can podium.

Really now? From all the stupid things you could chose that's how you start of your thread?
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

05 Jan 2013 21:51

Phil Liggett.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

05 Jan 2013 22:03

Miburo wrote:I'm assuming a thread about this might already exist, if so let's make this the new one and share the frustration of the journalists and commentators their expertise.

And no poll...

I had hoped the NOS would stop broadcasting cycling in the aftermath of the Armstrong story... but alas, it seems they haven't. Curious to see what will happen to Boogie though.

The Hitch wrote:So he is predicting that about 10 gc riders crash out.

Anthony Tan? Is he the Aussie with the amazingly annoying voice and ditto writing style?
theyoungest

05 Jan 2013 22:05

Miburo wrote:And no poll...
It's really appreciated, thank you. ;)
Do you want to watch better bike racing? => Team radios (not race radio) must go!
User avatar cineteq

05 Jan 2013 22:12

Miburo wrote:Share some quotes, should be good for a lol

Anthony Tan is so sickening people on this forum generally slam anyone who even brings him up. And i apologize in advance.

He presents ozzie tdf coverage with some other bonehead

I remember 1 comment was that Cadel Evans would comfortably put 4 minutes into Samuel Sanchez in the 2011 tt. I mean natiohnal cycling expert, you cant make this stuff up.

glackar is wiggins ghost writer (well 1 of them) . Lots of the stupdity he comes up with is clinic (eg the only reason British riders werent winning the Tour de France in the 90's and 2000's was because British riders dont take drugs like everyone else).

But since this the road section, his rabobank folding article was memorable. He wrote that they won x ammount of tdf stages " the last of which came when Luis Leon Sanchez won into Saint-Flour in 2011". - apologies if you banged your head against your desk like i did.

He also said before the Vuelta that Froome has to win the Vuelta in order to have any claim at leading the Tour in 2013.
So in other words beat Froome when he is under orders not beat you>>>>> beat Contador on a mountain fest, while off form because you just spend your season peak domestiquing for someone at the Tour :rolleyes::rolleyes::
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

05 Jan 2013 22:28

NOS is pretty bad. When Smeets is commentating I imediately switch to sporza. Dijkstra tells way to much about the scenery and Ducrot tends to hyperbole everything, which can be funny but it's very informative.
Red Rick

05 Jan 2013 22:34

"They're gonna ride to Mordor"

Ducrot when the peleton ascends Port de Bales when the weather is bad

http://nl.wikiquote.org/wiki/Maarten_Ducrot
Red Rick

06 Jan 2013 08:47

El Pistolero wrote:Yeah because it's such a dumb thing to say someone who got fourth in the Tour can podium.

Really now? From all the stupid things you could chose that's how you start of your thread?

Evans off-form, no contador, no schleck. Sanchez, hesjedal, gesink eliminated from the race.
User avatar Miburo

06 Jan 2013 09:02

Miburo wrote:Evans off-form, no contador, no schleck. Sanchez, hesjedal, gesink eliminated from the race.

Was 5th(/4th) in the 2010 tour too.

But to stay on topic: In general I'm rather pleased with the Sporza commentators. They tend to be a bit too patriotic sometimes, but I guess most of the Belgian viewers prefer to hear about the Belgian riders.

When there's no Sporza coverage (which luckily is almost never) for races I want to see, I sometimes watch Dutch Eurosport. I can honestly say I was shocked the first time I listened to those noobs. (tbh: last time I watched, it was rather good though...)
User avatar Buffalo Soldier

06 Jan 2013 09:36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ru3vGR8nck

This was some good comment!
User avatar MagnusMagnussen

06 Jan 2013 09:56

Johan Museeuw "JVDB2 will podium the tour this year"

Who is JVDB1?
janraaskalt

06 Jan 2013 10:18

Frank Vandenbroucke i suppose
infeXio

06 Jan 2013 10:20

infeXio wrote:Frank Vandenbroucke i suppose

So where's the J in Frank? :D
User avatar Buffalo Soldier

06 Jan 2013 10:27

JVDB2 is the rider which emerged after the passing of Jurgen Van den Breakaway in the 09/10 winter.
Ferminal

06 Jan 2013 11:08

A drunk Mart Smeets during Paris-Nice 2011.
User avatar GP Blanco

06 Jan 2013 11:17

Ferminal wrote:JVDB2 is the rider which emerged after the passing of Jurgen Van den Breakaway in the 09/10 winter.

Yeah that was my intention ;)
User avatar Miburo

Next

Return to Professional road racing