Log in:  

Register

Mc Quaid " dumped "?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Tonton, Pricey_sky, King Boonen

Mc Quaid " dumped "?

07 Jan 2013 11:33

@inrng tweeted :
the Inner Ring ‏@inrng
The UCI's Pat McQuaid is no longer on WADA's Executive Committee, as spotted by @ap6cyc

Are people FINALLY waking up to the fact , that he taints , those he associates with ?
User avatar skippy
Member
 
Posts: 429
Joined: 26 May 2009 09:43

07 Jan 2013 14:32

Having Pat McQuaid as part of WADA is like putting Bernie Madoff in charge of of the Securities and Exchange Commission.

McQuaid is a disgusting individual. The sooner this buffoon is out of cycling, the better for the sport.
User avatar Moose McKnuckles
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,745
Joined: 07 Nov 2009 05:48

07 Jan 2013 14:37

skippy wrote:@inrng tweeted :
the Inner Ring ‏@inrng
The UCI's Pat McQuaid is no longer on WADA's Executive Committee, as spotted by @ap6cyc

Are people FINALLY waking up to the fact , that he taints , those he associates with ?


sounds not uninteresting.

so has he been ditched by WADA?

what's the story, and what part of it is true?
sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,151
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

07 Jan 2013 14:40

When was McQuaid EVER on WADA's executive committee?
User avatar Race Radio
Veteran
 
Posts: 11,354
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 14:01

07 Jan 2013 14:48

Interesting, he was at the September meeting
User avatar Race Radio
Veteran
 
Posts: 11,354
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 14:01

07 Jan 2013 15:07

he's not listed here:
http://www.wada-ama.org/About-WADA/Governance/Executive-Committee/

was he ever listed there?
sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,151
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

07 Jan 2013 15:27

this might actually be news.

He's no longer listed as member of the Foundation Board either:
http://www.wada-ama.org/en/About-WADA/Governance/Foundation-Board/

According to Phat's own website, he is member of both the Executive Committee and the Foundation Board from 2009 to present:
Career in sports administration
National Coach Irish Cycling Federation (1981-1984) ; Board Member Irish Cycling Federation (1985-1994) ; President Irish Cycling Federation (1994-1998) ; Vice-president and Member of the Council of ASOIF (2009-...) ; Member of the Executive Committee and of the Foundation Board of WADA (2009-...) ; Member of the International Olympic Committee (2010-...)
http://www.uci.ch/templates/UCI/UCI1/layout.asp?MenuId=MTI2NzU&LangId=1
sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,151
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

07 Jan 2013 15:39

sniper wrote:he's not listed here:
http://www.wada-ama.org/About-WADA/Governance/Executive-Committee/

was he ever listed there?


He was listed under the olympic movement section in 2011 can't seem to get any results for 2012.
http://web.archive.org/web/20110723024659/http://www.wada-ama.org/About-WADA/Governance/Executive-Committee/
User avatar craptastic
New Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 09 Aug 2009 02:29
Location: Canada

07 Jan 2013 17:55

Perhaps phat , not being able to keep his act together , is unaware of losing his way ?
Here are a few more ways of letting him know that the " Winds of change " are ablowing !
https://www.change.org/petitions/world-cycling-organization-uci-for-president-pat-mcquaid-to-resign-and-cycling-to-be-cleaned-up

https://www.change.org/petitions/international-cycling-union-aka-the-uci-remove-pat-mcquaid-and-hein-verbruggen-from-cycling-forever

https://www.change.org/petitions/wada-create-an-amnesty-in-all-sportshttps://www.change.org/petitions/office-of-the-governor-general-of-australia-create-the-means-for-a-sports-amnesty-in-australia

https://www.change.org/petitions/office-of-the-governor-general-of-australia-create-the-means-for-a-sports-amnesty-in-australia

Numbers will speak for themselves !

phat ,heinous & he who we are trying to forget , must be watching the " clinic ", amongst many sources , to determine their strategies !

Let's help them turn out the lights !
User avatar skippy
Member
 
Posts: 429
Joined: 26 May 2009 09:43

07 Jan 2013 18:36

I was not aware he ever was part of WADA, and am shocked to find this out. How is (was) this not a conflict of interest?
silverrocket
Junior Member
 
Posts: 293
Joined: 26 Mar 2009 20:39
Location: Western Canada

07 Jan 2013 18:56

silverrocket wrote:I was not aware he ever was part of WADA, and am shocked to find this out. How is (was) this not a conflict of interest?


I got over the shock long ago. The bad taste in my mouth, lingers.

Now, why would you suggest that this was a conflict of interest? Isn't cycling doing more than any other sport to support doping?

Dave.
Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
D-Queued
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,178
Joined: 26 May 2010 23:41

07 Jan 2013 19:56

D-Queued wrote:I got over the shock long ago. The bad taste in my mouth, lingers.

Now, why would you suggest that this was a conflict of interest? Isn't cycling doing more than any other sport to support doping?

Dave.


Even just within the UCI, the two functions to both promote cycling and police cycling are in potential conflict.

Evidence from Hein's time and from recent years as well shows that it's unfortunately been more than just potential.

I can appreciate that a role within WADA would be in conflict with phat's and his family's cycling promotion and rider management work.

In addition, the general corruption of phat is in conflict with any role he could perform within the WADA structure (but that one is not as open as the other issues).
peterst6906
Member
 
Posts: 685
Joined: 30 Jan 2011 11:25

07 Jan 2013 20:06

peterst6906 wrote:Even just within the UCI, the two functions to both promote cycling and police cycling are in potential conflict.

Evidence from Hein's time and from recent years as well shows that it's unfortunately been more than just potential.

I can appreciate that a role within WADA would be in conflict with phat's and his family's cycling promotion and rider management work.

In addition, the general corruption of phat is in conflict with any role he could perform within the WADA structure (but that one is not as open as the other issues).


let's not kid outselves.
the whole WADA is run by personal agendas.
WADA's vice friggin president is a certain Ljungqvist, described by Hoberman as highly corrupt.
And what in the name of the good Lord is Phat doing at the WADA!?
As if it's so friggin difficult to find competent, integer people. :mad:
Goodness me. The integrity of WADA for me is history.
sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,151
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

07 Jan 2013 20:11

sniper wrote:Goodness me. The integrity of WADA for me is history.


Well Fahey is one of the worst politicians Australia has ever had. He only got the gig in WADA as a result of his political position at the time it was setup around the Sydney Olympics.

He had no previous sporting history or credibility.

Since the culture of an organisation takes its lead from the top, his history should be fairly informing.

A separate issue to Phat, but linked in terms of the whole arrangement of WADA.
peterst6906
Member
 
Posts: 685
Joined: 30 Jan 2011 11:25

07 Jan 2013 20:49

User avatar Race Radio
Veteran
 
Posts: 11,354
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 14:01

07 Jan 2013 20:56



Priceless: “The UCI doesn’t know exactly what has happened.”

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13651/UCI-says-it-doesnt-know-why-McQuaid-is-no-longer-on-WADAs-Foundation-Board.aspx#ixzz2HKEUBusn

Isn't that the standard response for any question related to doping or anti-doping?

Dave.
Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
D-Queued
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,178
Joined: 26 May 2010 23:41

07 Jan 2013 21:12

Maybe they were fed up of the Fat Pointless Git clearing up at the buffet at WADA meetings.... :rolleyes:
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

http://www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
User avatar Siriuscat
Member
 
Posts: 749
Joined: 24 May 2010 21:39
Location: North East Scotland

07 Jan 2013 21:51



Interesting bit:
“This was the date that Mr. McQuaid’s one-year 2012 term on the Executive Committee ended.”

Somebody's not telling the whole truth. Phat's CV on the UCI website:
Career in sports administration
National Coach Irish Cycling Federation (1981-1984) ; Board Member Irish Cycling Federation (1985-1994) ; President Irish Cycling Federation (1994-1998) ; Vice-president and Member of the Council of ASOIF (2009-...) ; Member of the Executive Committee and of the Foundation Board of WADA (2009-...) ; Member of the International Olympic Committee (2010-...)
sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,151
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

07 Jan 2013 22:08

silverrocket wrote:I was not aware he ever was part of WADA, and am shocked to find this out. How is (was) this not a conflict of interest?


Take a couple of steps back in order to understand WADA's relationship to sports federations. From top being most powerful, to bottom, least powerful:

***IOC****
----|------
International UCI/IAAF/IOC's triathlon federation/etc.
----|------
National sports federations
----|------
WADA/National ADA's.

The rules are elaborate, but the simple summary is, the sports federations are completely in charge.

All this time with many, many comments all over threads in The Clinic summarizing the bio-passport as anti-doping theater and some of you are surprised that a more senior sports administrator is on WADA's board? This is yet another example of the anti-doping theater.

Pat's doping mis-management is not enough to be banished from the IOC as there are numerous people that have done more bad things than fix races, hide positives and more. IMHO, he's been stuck with the Armstrong doping controversy and they want the controversy out of sight.
User avatar DirtyWorks
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,056
Joined: 10 Feb 2010 17:01

07 Jan 2013 23:16

peterst6906 wrote:Well Fahey is one of the worst politicians Australia has ever had. He only got the gig in WADA as a result of his political position at the time it was setup around the Sydney Olympics.

He had no previous sporting history or credibility.

Since the culture of an organisation takes its lead from the top, his history should be fairly informing.

A separate issue to Phat, but linked in terms of the whole arrangement of WADA.


Do you make this stuff up? John Fahey was confirmed as President of WADA seven years after the Sydney Olympics. He played and coached rugby league in his youth and was a director of the Bradman Foundation since 2001. Former Premier of NSW and lawyer. Give up the rubbish that Fahey wasn't qualified or had no credibility. Did you hear what he said about the Armstrong case?
User avatar biker jk
Member
 
Posts: 348
Joined: 16 Apr 2009 06:03
Location: Sydney, Australia

Next

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Catwhoorg, HSNHSN, Merckx index, ontheroad and 17 guests

Back to top