Register

2013 Giro D'Italia Field Discussion

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Who will win the 2013 Giro?

Wiggins
35%
Nibali
36%
Gesink
7%
Hesjedal
7%
Sanchez
3%
Basso/Scarponi
2%
Rujano
1%
Cobo/Capecchi/Intxausti
2%
A Colombian
3%
Other/Garzelli
4%

Total votes : 388

15 Feb 2013 22:28

Ryo Hazuki wrote:what 10 riders have said they will do the giro then? :rolleyes:

Wiggins, Porte, Henao, Dombrowski, Kennaugh, Knees, Lopez, Kiryienka, Uran, Cataldo
JRanton

15 Feb 2013 22:33

JRanton wrote:Wiggins, Porte, Henao, Dombrowski, Kennaugh, Knees, Lopez, Kiryienka, Uran, Cataldo

When did Knees say he's doing Giro ?
Gloin22

15 Feb 2013 22:36

JRanton wrote:Wiggins, Porte, Henao, Dombrowski, Kennaugh, Knees, Lopez, Kiryienka, Uran, Cataldo

ohh,and how is Froom's team going to look like?
eisel,swift...and these *****:o

ohh Lord,so good team for this guy called Sir Climber Wiggins,ridiculous
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

15 Feb 2013 22:40

kennaugh is out then. he's been one big disapointment anyway
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

15 Feb 2013 22:40

ILovecycling wrote:ohh,and how is Froom's team going to look like?
eisel,swift...and these *****:o

ohh Lord,so good team for this guy called Sir Climber Wiggins,ridiculous

Froome doesn't need a train. Big diffrence.

Anyway it'll be preety decent still :

Froome, Wiggins, Thomas, EBH, Eisel, Knees, Siutsou.

JTL ? Uran ? Porte ? Pate ?

More than enough I'd say.
Gloin22

15 Feb 2013 22:46

Ryo Hazuki wrote:kennaugh is out then. he's been one big disapointment anyway

Isn't it a bit early to say that? He's only 23, produced some promising results in 2011 and spent all of last year on the track (winning a gold medal at his home Olympic games).
JRanton

15 Feb 2013 22:50

Gloin22 wrote:When did Knees say he's doing Giro ?

There was a quote from him on a journo's twitter feed. It makes sense anyway. He's in Oman with the Giro squad (minus Froome) and he's Wiggins' preferred flat domestique. For what it's worth I think another flat dom like Pate will also make the team which means two of the guys listed above will miss out and probably be used at the Tour.
JRanton

15 Feb 2013 22:50

JRanton wrote:Isn't a bit early to say that? He's only 23, produced some promising results in 2011 and spent all of last year on the track (winning a gold medal at his home Olympic games).

he's a pro for 2 years now and shown absolutely NOTHING and with sky that really is bad, most riders do very well there. I think he might lakc the endurance for the world tour. he comes from track after all.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

15 Feb 2013 23:00

Ryo Hazuki wrote:he's a pro for 2 years now and shown absolutely NOTHING and with sky that really is bad, most riders do very well there. I think he might lakc the endurance for the world tour. he comes from track after all.

He had some promising results in 2011. I remember him climbing well in Poland and being the only one able to follow Dan Martin (finished 5th on GC). 3rd on GC in Route du Sud, 9th on the queen stage in Brixia Tour. Not AMAZING results but not absolutely NOTHING either.

Let's wait and see what he does this year before writing him off. He's actually the only British climber on Sky with some good junior results behind him which makes a nice change...
JRanton

16 Feb 2013 00:20

Gloin22 wrote:Froome doesn't need a train. Big diffrence.

JTL will do the Vuelta
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

16 Feb 2013 01:09

The Hitch wrote:Oh lord, please make.it wiggins.

lol that team would be so awesome without a leader.

Nvm they'd all rally around Henao because he's easily the best rider in the race.
Ferminal

16 Feb 2013 06:34

Vino attacks everyone wrote:wow, take it easy now buddy!

Brajko, Tira, Kessiakoff, Agnoli, Zeits and more are all capable of putting the hurt into anyone any time. Porte, and some colombians? hah! The Swede will make them hurt :p

Is Aru going?

Also who will Katusha send, Menchov, Paolini...:confused:
I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

Quote:VAE
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon..."
User avatar greenedge

16 Feb 2013 09:07

Gloin22 wrote:Froome doesn't need a train. Big diffrence.

I know he doesnt need train,but he deserves some respect.
Thomas,ebh,eisel,knees,pate what a great climbers:rolleyes:...and Jtl - respect for this guy, but Alpine climbs?Sorry sir:o...and like a bonus ,tired Sir Climber Wiggins riding in grupetto every single stage.
Only good mountain domestiques are Uran,Sioutsu and Porte(if he isnt tired).
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

16 Feb 2013 09:42

I'd be surprise if Porte doesn't end up riding in support of Froome in the TdF, he seem to be Froome's most trusted ally seeing as he was a last-minute insertion into the Vuelta 2012 team and they are regular roommates. So I wouldn't discount the possibility of both Wiggins and Porte doing both the Giro and the Tour.
User avatar wwabbit

16 Feb 2013 11:47

wwabbit wrote:I'd be surprise if Porte doesn't end up riding in support of Froome in the TdF, he seem to be Froome's most trusted ally seeing as he was a last-minute insertion into the Vuelta 2012 team and they are regular roommates. So I wouldn't discount the possibility of both Wiggins and Porte doing both the Giro and the Tour.

That would be great,save Porte for Tour!but still,if he has command from Brailsford...
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
User avatar ILovecycling

16 Feb 2013 11:51

ILovecycling wrote:I know he doesnt need train,but he deserves some respect.
Thomas,ebh,eisel,knees,pate what a great climbers:rolleyes:...and Jtl - respect for this guy, but Alpine climbs?Sorry sir:o...and like a bonus ,tired Sir Climber Wiggins riding in grupetto every single stage.
Only good mountain domestiques are Uran,Sioutsu and Porte(if he isnt tired).

uran won't do the tour
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

16 Feb 2013 11:51

wwabbit wrote:I'd be surprise if Porte doesn't end up riding in support of Froome in the TdF, he seem to be Froome's most trusted ally seeing as he was a last-minute insertion into the Vuelta 2012 team and they are regular roommates. So I wouldn't discount the possibility of both Wiggins and Porte doing both the Giro and the Tour.

he's wiggins most trusted. in about every interview porte says he loves to eb arround wiggo. he is supporting him in eveyr race he's in or vice versa. so no he;'s doing the giro and the tour with whatever he has left (not much)
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

16 Feb 2013 11:52

Ryo Hazuki wrote:uran won't do the tour

Oh lord,its worse and worse...I hope he will have a chance for GC result in Giro then
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
User avatar ILovecycling

16 Feb 2013 11:57

ILovecycling wrote:Oh lord,its worse and worse...I hope he will have a chance for GC result in Giro then

uran will do giro-vuelta, just like henao, henao will be leader in vuelta
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

16 Feb 2013 12:29

Haven't read all of the thread but I find it astonishing that Nibali is ahead of Wiggins. What is the thinking behind this - are you all expecting Wiggins to be much worse this year? Wiggins is going to hand out a beatdown in the time trials and Nibali showed absolutely nothing in the Tour de France last year to suggest he can hurt Wiggins in the mountains.
jamesmasters

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing