Log in:  

Register

2013 Giro D'Italia Field Discussion

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Who will win the 2013 Giro?

Wiggins
137
35%
Nibali
140
36%
Gesink
26
7%
Hesjedal
28
7%
Sanchez
12
3%
Basso/Scarponi
7
2%
Rujano
3
1%
Cobo/Capecchi/Intxausti
9
2%
A Colombian
10
3%
Other/Garzelli
16
4%
 
Total votes : 388

09 Apr 2013 21:12

will10 wrote:Yep, Intxausti is a decent bet for a top 10, although in some parallel universe Cobo could finish on the podium.


i actually think intxausti will step up at this years giro, he would already be around the top 5 at last years vuelta without the echelons crash stage where he waited for valverde.

i certainly have more faith in him for a good result then on guys like basso . . .
User avatar Parrulo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,180
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 01:42

10 Apr 2013 00:39

Parrulo wrote:i actually think intxausti will step up at this years giro, he would already be around the top 5 at last years vuelta without the echelons crash stage where he waited for valverde.

i certainly have more faith in him for a good result then on guys like basso . . .


Yes, I think so. Also riders like Cobo who are either awful or great. Can never tell before the race starts how he will go.
movingtarget
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,738
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 08:54

10 Apr 2013 05:34

movingtarget wrote:Yes, I think so. Also riders like Cobo who are either awful or great. Can never tell before the race starts how he will go.


Cobo usually shows something in close by prep race, if he is in form. Just not sure where that would be.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,158
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

10 Apr 2013 07:06

gooner wrote:Just got the Official Giro d'Italia 2013 Programme. Worth a purchase.

Image


Who is the publicer of this programme? RCS? Procycling?
liamito
Junior Member
 
Posts: 140
Joined: 06 Jul 2011 16:44

10 Apr 2013 09:45

liamito wrote:Who is the publicer of this programme? RCS? Procycling?


Procycling
User avatar wiggos sideburn
Junior Member
 
Posts: 175
Joined: 07 Apr 2013 11:56

10 Apr 2013 09:51

Euskaltel:
Samuel Sánchez, Egoi Martínez, Jorge Azanza, Pablo Urtasun, Gorka Verdugo, Miguel Mínguez, Ricardo García, Ioannis Tamouridis y Robert Vrecer son los nueve corredores del Euskaltel-Euskadi que disputarán el Giro de Italia del 4 al 26 de mayo.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=60951
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,806
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

10 Apr 2013 09:53

wiggos sideburn wrote:Procycling


Alright thanks.

Image

So the same content can be found in this issue?
liamito
Junior Member
 
Posts: 140
Joined: 06 Jul 2011 16:44

10 Apr 2013 09:57

liamito wrote:Alright thanks.

Image

So the same content can be found in this issue?


To be honest I don't know they're different prices and I only got the Giro mag. I presume the difference is the Giro one is purely based on the Giro whereas the other magazine is a regular procycling issue with a preview of the Giro
User avatar wiggos sideburn
Junior Member
 
Posts: 175
Joined: 07 Apr 2013 11:56

10 Apr 2013 10:35



Not much support for Sammy, I think Vrecer will be his best domestic in the Giro.
User avatar Ruudz0r
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,995
Joined: 09 Jun 2011 17:31
Location: The Netherlands

10 Apr 2013 10:39

liamito wrote:Who is the publicer of this programme? RCS? Procycling?


Future do it for RCS.
User avatar gooner
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,550
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 14:18

10 Apr 2013 10:44

gooner wrote:Future do it for RCS.


Then why it says from the publishers of Procycling
User avatar wiggos sideburn
Junior Member
 
Posts: 175
Joined: 07 Apr 2013 11:56

10 Apr 2013 10:50

How many fake users have already voted Wiggins?:eek::eek:
Fausto
Junior Member
 
Posts: 26
Joined: 27 Jun 2012 04:12
Location: Ulm

10 Apr 2013 10:55

Fausto wrote:How many fake users have already voted Wiggins?:eek::eek:


I think even more voted Nibali
User avatar wiggos sideburn
Junior Member
 
Posts: 175
Joined: 07 Apr 2013 11:56

10 Apr 2013 11:02

wiggos sideburn wrote:To be honest I don't know they're different prices and I only got the Giro mag. I presume the difference is the Giro one is purely based on the Giro whereas the other magazine is a regular procycling issue with a preview of the Giro


So possibly it is your Giro guide with the Geraint Thomas and Stijn Devolder articles as "extras"?
liamito
Junior Member
 
Posts: 140
Joined: 06 Jul 2011 16:44

10 Apr 2013 11:09

liamito wrote:So possibly it is your Giro guide with the Geraint Thomas and Stijn Devolder articles as "extras"?


No I bought the other one with the map
User avatar wiggos sideburn
Junior Member
 
Posts: 175
Joined: 07 Apr 2013 11:56

10 Apr 2013 11:11

wiggos sideburn wrote:Then why it says from the publishers of Procycling


And what are Future? The publishers of Procycling.

Look at the editorial section(page 6) where it mentions contributions by RCS.
User avatar gooner
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,550
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 14:18

10 Apr 2013 11:13

Ruudz0r wrote:Not much support for Sammy, I think Vrecer will be his best domestic in the Giro.


You obviously don't know Martinez and Verdugo :D

Some of the best domestiques in the peloton when on form, especially Verdugo.

Urtasun should also be of use. And Minguez once was a very promising climber, maybe one day he will fulfill his potential.
User avatar Sylvester
Junior Member
 
Posts: 551
Joined: 19 Sep 2010 18:35

10 Apr 2013 11:17

gooner wrote:And what are Future? The publishers of Procycling.

Look at the editorial section(page 6) where it mentions contributions by RCS.


I don't read procycling hence why I presumed it was Procycling publishing, which isn't totally wrong. I have seen that, I wasn't surprised to see it as it's previewing the Giro. Where it says from the publishers of Procycling that's why I said it's from Procycling
User avatar wiggos sideburn
Junior Member
 
Posts: 175
Joined: 07 Apr 2013 11:56

10 Apr 2013 11:20

Ruudz0r wrote:Not much support for Sammy, I think Vrecer will be his best domestic in the Giro.


You would have to be an optimist to think he can make the podium. Top 5 at absolute best.
movingtarget
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,738
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 08:54

10 Apr 2013 11:24

Sylvester wrote:You obviously don't know Martinez and Verdugo :D

Some of the best domestiques in the peloton when on form, especially Verdugo.

Urtasun should also be of use. And Minguez once was a very promising climber, maybe one day he will fulfill his potential.


None of these will be anywhere near the front when Sky's train is done for the day.

The best Sanchez can hope for is some shielding and bottle service deep into the stages.

But then Sanchez typically operate on his own, so who knows how far he can go.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,158
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anderis, Armchair cyclist, blackmamba, Dazed and Confused, djpbaltimore, Gigs_98, henry olonga, Hugo87, Jord_T, Libertine Seguros, Mayomaniac, Miburo, Mr.White, Non Grimpeur, Vino attacks everyone, wansteadimp and 84 guests

Back to top