Register

Denis Menchov: True Russian Hero, and greatest cyclist in Lance Armstrong era.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

15 Jan 2013 13:19

I want what u have been drinking.
User avatar Cimber

15 Jan 2013 13:23

Angliru wrote:I recall one attack at least on Alpe d'Huez in 2008. Of course it failed (he somehow crashed on wet pavement in a turn) but I'm certain there were others. He is a cautious rider that limits his losses, like so many others. I wouldn't necessarily categorize that as cowardly. More like riding within his means.

It wasn't the Alpe, but Prato Nevoso ;)
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

15 Jan 2013 13:52

I had a good laugh on seeing this thread last night before I went to bed. Got to ask, how is this still open?
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

15 Jan 2013 14:49

With a name like SilentAssassin you can't ignore the fact that this is just another fanboy thread or just a big joke. There must be another thread existing deeper down the forum, where this would be a little more appropriate if you want to post anything else about Menchov, but this particular subject belongs in the Clinic.

And he isn't the rider you'd cheer for, you almost liked it when he failed. :o
User avatar Pentacycle

15 Jan 2013 15:04

cineteq wrote:By now this should've been a clinic thread.

Yes, it belongs in the Clinic.

But, did I miss something? How did we get from January to April, and I don't remember any of it? Have I been drinking too much? A 3-month blackout?
It is of great use to the sailor to know the length of his line, though he cannot with it fathom all the depths of the ocean. ~ John Locke
User avatar hiero2

15 Jan 2013 15:12

Pentacycle wrote:With a name like SilentAssassin you can't ignore the fact that this is just another fanboy thread or just a big joke. There must be another thread existing deeper down the forum, where this would be a little more appropriate if you want to post anything else about Menchov, but this particular subject belongs in the Clinic.

And he isn't the rider you'd cheer for, you almost liked it when he failed. :o

He had his moments, not one prone to attacking but what GT rider really is these days. Except Contador.
theyoungest

15 Jan 2013 15:34

hmmmmm ok . . . . this thread has so much clinic talk starting on the OP that i think it's beyond salvation.

take it to the clinic.

/thread closed
User avatar Parrulo

Previous

Return to Professional road racing