Register

2013 Santos Tour Down Under Stage 1: Prospect -> Lobethal, 135km

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

22 Jan 2013 14:09

Dazed and Confused wrote:Demare could be an outsider for the GC podium. Great rider.
I hope Goss will show a bit more later.

He's tough, but never shown anything on a day ending with a sustained climb. Last year may have been possible to sneak a podium with lots of time bonuses but not this time.
Ferminal

22 Jan 2013 14:16

Ferminal wrote:He's tough, but never shown anything on a day ending with a sustained climb. Last year may have been possible to sneak a podium with lots of time bonuses but not this time.

would be a surprise, but one can hope.
Dazed and Confused

22 Jan 2013 14:34

I wasn't able to watch or follow yesterday's stage, but it sure is nice to be talking about actual bike racing and not off-bike drama for a change. Bring on the Classics (and a healthy Boonen!)
eleven

22 Jan 2013 15:32

eleven wrote:I wasn't able to watch or follow yesterday's stage, but it sure is nice to be talking about actual bike racing and not off-bike drama for a change. Bring on the Classics (and a healthy Boonen!)

Amen, I remember thinking as I was watching the stage, when the peloton was just taking it easy, letting Kerby hang off the front; that normally I would complain about this type of racing. But I was just glad that there actually was racing once again. :)
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

22 Jan 2013 15:36

Afrank wrote:Amen, I remember thinking as I was watching the stage, when the peloton was just taking it easy, letting Kerby hang off the front; that normally I would complain about this type of racing. But I was just glad that there actually was racing once again. :)

Greipel loves the piano style riding on these types of flat stages. If it continues the Gorilla will pick up 3 stage wins. Rumble in the outback.
Dazed and Confused

Previous

Return to Professional road racing