Log in:  

Register

2013 Santos Tour Down Under Stage 1: Prospect -> Lobethal, 135km

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

22 Jan 2013 14:09

Dazed and Confused wrote:Demare could be an outsider for the GC podium. Great rider.
I hope Goss will show a bit more later.


He's tough, but never shown anything on a day ending with a sustained climb. Last year may have been possible to sneak a podium with lots of time bonuses but not this time.
Ferminal
Veteran
 
Posts: 16,830
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

22 Jan 2013 14:16

Ferminal wrote:He's tough, but never shown anything on a day ending with a sustained climb. Last year may have been possible to sneak a podium with lots of time bonuses but not this time.


would be a surprise, but one can hope.
Dazed and Confused
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,679
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

22 Jan 2013 14:34

I wasn't able to watch or follow yesterday's stage, but it sure is nice to be talking about actual bike racing and not off-bike drama for a change. Bring on the Classics (and a healthy Boonen!)
eleven
Member
 
Posts: 882
Joined: 20 Apr 2009 20:52

22 Jan 2013 15:32

eleven wrote:I wasn't able to watch or follow yesterday's stage, but it sure is nice to be talking about actual bike racing and not off-bike drama for a change. Bring on the Classics (and a healthy Boonen!)


Amen, I remember thinking as I was watching the stage, when the peloton was just taking it easy, letting Kerby hang off the front; that normally I would complain about this type of racing. But I was just glad that there actually was racing once again. :)
User avatar Afrank
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,596
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

22 Jan 2013 15:36

Afrank wrote:Amen, I remember thinking as I was watching the stage, when the peloton was just taking it easy, letting Kerby hang off the front; that normally I would complain about this type of racing. But I was just glad that there actually was racing once again. :)


Greipel loves the piano style riding on these types of flat stages. If it continues the Gorilla will pick up 3 stage wins. Rumble in the outback.
Dazed and Confused
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,679
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

Previous

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandre B., Anderis, Armchair cyclist, Arnout, BalearicBeats, Bing [Bot], Breh, Bronstein, Brullnux, Brundd, Bushman, Cance > TheRest, Climbing, damian13ster, DNP-Old, drj12, dubexcalibur, Eclipse, escartin, Eyeballs Out, faucon, GenericBoonenFan, goggalor, Google Adsense [Bot], HelloDolly, infeXio, Inquitus, Jagartrott, jsem94, Kwibus, Laplaz, Libertine Seguros, Maaaaaaaarten, Marco Pantani, Miburo, nogav1ca, Orbit501, Pantani Attacks, phil-i-am, Pricey_sky, Red Rick, rghysens, SafeBet, saganftw, Samamba, Singer01, sosososik, Stromeon, the asian, The Blues, togo95, trevim, Txrt, VO2 Max, wirral, Yahoo [Bot], yawron and 212 guests

Back to top