Register

2013 Tirreno - Adriatico

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

27 Feb 2013 18:27

Bavarianrider wrote:Hoped Omega wouls send a better team for the TTT:o

Clearly not even the Omega management think Tony can Win the overall. :D :p

In seriousness though, their team is not that bad for the TTT, Cav being a sprinter does well in TTT's, Grabsch is a very good TTer, as is Kwiatkowski, and Terpstra and Stybar being classics riders should do fine. A pretty good team for the TTT if you ask me.

I do wonder who they will replace Trentin with though?
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

28 Feb 2013 05:33

Afrank wrote:I give Saxo the edge for the TTT. Sky could have used a few more TT or flat land domestique types, rather than so many climbers.

Maybe Sky is planning on testing the climbers roster against contador? Last year at Vuelta I remembered reading Froome said something about contador when he got the taste of riding against him. He said something along the line that he needed his team to help control Contador. Maybe that's why Sky send the climbers team to experiment with how to contain the Great One .. :D
User avatar Jelantik

28 Feb 2013 08:31

Is Tonyrider being serious? It's an awesome TTT lineup, Grabsch probably the weakest link flying back from KL only a couple of days before.
Ferminal

28 Feb 2013 10:12

Ferminal wrote:Is Tonyrider being serious? It's an awesome TTT lineup, Grabsch probably the weakest link flying back from KL only a couple of days before.

They don't have Boonen in T-A ;)
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

28 Feb 2013 11:39

Ferminal wrote:Is Tonyrider being serious? It's an awesome TTT lineup, Grabsch probably the weakest link flying back from KL only a couple of days before.

Yeah, I didn't quite understand that either. They'd be my pick to win.
JRanton

28 Feb 2013 11:48

Extremely hard to predict the outcome of this TTT. In fact, since there have grown so many "super teams", it will be very tight again in Tirreno.

BMC, Garmin, GreenEdge, Saxo, OPQS, RadioShack, Sky, even Astana and Katusha, so impossible to predict anything, again.

if you add the fact that a good ITTist doesn´t neccessarily make an equally good TTTist, it´s even more complicated. Just look at a guy like Mouris . hardly delivers in ITTs, but a great man for the TTT.
RHRH19861986

28 Feb 2013 12:32

he's completely clueless about anything but tony martin. quyickstep have the best ttt team they could have here
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

28 Feb 2013 12:37

Ryo Hazuki wrote:he's completely clueless about anything but tony martin. quyickstep have the best ttt team they could have here

That would have included WC TTT winner Boonen ;)
User avatar Netserk

28 Feb 2013 12:39

Netserk wrote:That would have included WC TTT winner Boonen ;)

and then add Chavanel and its world class.
Dazed and Confused

28 Feb 2013 12:54

Netserk wrote:That would have included WC TTT winner Boonen ;)

I know it's not serious but for the idiots who might not get it. boonen comes back from heavy injury and chavanel always does p-n
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

28 Feb 2013 13:02

Ryo Hazuki wrote:I know it's not serious but for the idiots who might not get it. boonen comes back from heavy injury and chavanel always does p-n

so if QS had a serious GC contender for T-A this year, you think Chavanel would still be in France?
Dazed and Confused

28 Feb 2013 13:05

Dazed and Confused wrote:so if QS had a serious GC contender for T-A this year, you think Chavanel would still be in France?

You do know that QS and serious GC contender in the same sentence is self-contradiction ;)
User avatar Netserk

28 Feb 2013 13:07

Dazed and Confused wrote:so if QS had a serious GC contender for T-A this year, you think Chavanel would still be in France?

Yes...

Why would they make him do a race he doesn't want to do for the sake of 2-3 seconds?
Ferminal

28 Feb 2013 13:13

Netserk wrote:You do know that QS and serious GC contender in the same sentence is self-contradiction ;)

Brambilla will be crushing everybody in the Giro this year. Wait and see.

Essentially, I concur with Waterloo the main reason for Martins inclusion at T-A is Cav. QS needs to drill the train. Sure, sell the GC idea to Martin if it motivates him. Hell, they may even win the TTT in the process.
Dazed and Confused

28 Feb 2013 13:17

uh, Chavanel is the most legit GC guy Quickstep have for a race like Tirreno, and he rides Paris Nice as a leader most years.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

28 Feb 2013 13:21

Ferminal wrote:Yes...

Why would they make him do a race he doesn't want to do for the sake of 2-3 seconds?

this isn't about what Chavanel wants, so we disagree. If QS had a serious contender for T-A this year, they would field a stronger team. QS have played with Chavanels chances in bigger races before. They would do it again if needed. Just my view.
Dazed and Confused

28 Feb 2013 13:29

will10 wrote:uh, Chavanel is the most legit GC guy Quickstep have for a race like Tirreno, and he rides Paris Nice as a leader most years.

well, perhaps you missed the "if QS had a serious GC contender" part. This is all speculation, not reality. Now they are fielding Martin as the GC hope. How many resources do you back that up with?
Dazed and Confused

28 Feb 2013 13:41

chavanel decides his own calendar, not lefevre or anyone else. he wants to do p-n as he loves that race, just as he wants to do the giro this year and lefevere prefers him for the tour
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

28 Feb 2013 13:42

I think they could have Contador riding Tirreno and Chavanel would still be the leader at Paris Nice.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

28 Feb 2013 14:00

Ryo Hazuki wrote:chavanel decides his own calendar, not lefevre or anyone else. he wants to do p-n as he loves that race, just as he wants to do the giro this year and lefevere prefers him for the tour

Chavanel is not critical for Cav's chances in the Tour. A few other QS riders can do the daily work. Again circumstance will drive the decisions. We simply disagree about the level of "freedom" Chavanel has on the team.

will10 wrote:I think they could have Contador riding Tirreno and Chavanel would still be the leader at Paris Nice.

ok, but not that I agree.
Dazed and Confused

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing