Log in:  

Register

Best u23 riders in 2013

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Choose as many as you want

OLIVIER Daan
8
8%
MANFREDI Andrea
10
11%
VAN BAARLE Dylan
4
4%
SHALUNOV Evgeny
6
6%
VALGREN ANDERSEN Michael
11
12%
CHAMORRO CHITAN Juan Ernesto
11
12%
VILLELLA Davide
17
18%
LECUISINIER Pierre-Henri
12
13%
CRADDOCK Lawson
11
12%
SÜTTERLIN Jasha
5
5%
 
Total votes : 95

06 Apr 2013 18:52

the asian wrote:Seems to be more of a classics guy than a pure sprinter. Good win for him.
Wonder where he;ll end up if as expected Blanco folds.

Boonen was asking Lefevere on Twitter some time back to sign him, though most probabaly he'll end up wherever his pa goes.


Erik works at Katusha(?), but I don't know whether he'll become pro next year already. He'll be wanted by lots of teams though.
User avatar Pentacycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,177
Joined: 28 May 2012 08:28
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands

06 Apr 2013 19:19

Pentacycle wrote:Erik works at Katusha(?), but I don't know whether he'll become pro next year already. He'll be wanted by lots of teams though.


Yes, this year. Certainly he'll be well sought after, and i think he'll turn pro next year. This is his 2nd year as a junior.
User avatar the asian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,412
Joined: 20 Jan 2011 18:09
Location: Colombo

06 Apr 2013 23:58

Zurlo won again today. He is showing some very good stuff at such young age!
Ruudz0r
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,027
Joined: 09 Jun 2011 17:31
Location: The Netherlands

10 Apr 2013 21:21

28th La Côte Picarde (1.Nations cup)

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race.php?id=118261

1 EWAN Caleb 40 3:59:52
2 DE BIE Sean Leopard - Trek Continental Team 30 ,,
3 YATES Simon 16 ,,
4 JENSEN Kristian Haugaard Leopard - Trek Continental Team 12 ,,
5 POLANC Jan Radenska 10 ,,
6 LAPORTE Christophe 8 0:22
7 ZABEL Rick Rabobank Development Team 6 ,,
8 HAVIK Yoeri Cycling Team de Rijke-Shanks 3 ,,
9 FLAKEMORE Campbell Huon Salmon Genesys Wealth Advisers p/b Praties ,,

Image
User avatar swuzzlebubble
Junior Member
 
Posts: 373
Joined: 02 Nov 2009 00:30

10 Apr 2013 21:25

swuzzlebubble wrote:28th La Côte Picarde (1.Nations cup)

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race.php?id=118261

1 EWAN Caleb 40 3:59:52
2 DE BIE Sean Leopard - Trek Continental Team 30 ,,
3 YATES Simon 16 ,,
4 JENSEN Kristian Haugaard Leopard - Trek Continental Team 12 ,,
5 POLANC Jan Radenska 10 ,,
6 LAPORTE Christophe 8 0:22
7 ZABEL Rick Rabobank Development Team 6 ,,
8 HAVIK Yoeri Cycling Team de Rijke-Shanks 3 ,,
9 FLAKEMORE Campbell Huon Salmon Genesys Wealth Advisers p/b Praties ,,



Looks like Ewan has earned his place as a sprinter with the Pros, but its getting crowded.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,313
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

11 Apr 2013 03:12

Hopefully he does another u23 year before going to a pro team and getting lost. God help us all if he goes to GreenEdge.
Ferminal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,774
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

11 Apr 2013 09:51

Ferminal wrote:Hopefully he does another u23 year before going to a pro team and getting lost. God help us all if he goes to GreenEdge.


Before the start of the season, he already said that he would stay in the U23 category for 2 or 3 years. But I can imagine why he's on the wishing list for quite a few teams. It's only his first year and already won two races, and that's without counting the Bay Classics.
Wunengzi
Junior Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 11 Apr 2013 09:36

11 Apr 2013 12:00

Weren't there some rumours about Caleb joining Saxo-Tinkoff?
User avatar afpm90
Junior Member
 
Posts: 462
Joined: 10 Jul 2009 10:39

11 Apr 2013 13:46

afpm90 wrote:Weren't there some rumours about Caleb joining Saxo-Tinkoff?


Yes indeed, that's when he said that he would ride 2-3 years in the U23 categories.
Wunengzi
Junior Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 11 Apr 2013 09:36

11 Apr 2013 13:54

Probably before McGee quit too?
Ferminal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,774
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

21 Apr 2013 17:57

Ruudz0r wrote:Hopefully Andrea Zordan can have a good year, he was top at the juniors but had some troubles with the transition. Last year was already much better then the first year at U23, and hopefully he can really step it up this year.


Image

Zordan is currently dominating in Italy kicking Villella his ***. Villella still doesnt have a win 3 times 2nd all behind Zordan. I can see Zordan go to Lampre or Cannondale next year!
Ruudz0r
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,027
Joined: 09 Jun 2011 17:31
Location: The Netherlands

25 Apr 2013 12:10

GP Della Liberazione - Roma

1° Ilya Koshevoy Big Hunter
2° Adam Phelan Australia
3° Alberto Bettiol Mastromarco
User avatar afpm90
Junior Member
 
Posts: 462
Joined: 10 Jul 2009 10:39

Vuelta a Bidasoa

08 May 2013 21:29

Image

Stage 1

1º 32 CHETOUT, Loic FRA NATURGAS ENERGIA 2:45:57
2º 112 MARTINELLI, Davide ITA DEBABARRENA-TEAM FOO mt.
3º 77 USABEL, Paul ESP CAFES BAQUE-CAMPOS T mt.
4º 63 MARQUEZ, Rafael ESP LIZARTE mt.
5º 33 ESTEVEZ, Imanol ESP NATURGAS ENERGIA mt.
6º 134 GARCIA, Javier ESP COLUER-CATALUNYA mt.
7º 95 ALTUR, Marcos ESP GSPORT-VAL.TERRA I M mt.
8º 51 DABOZ, Ibai ESP EKI SPORT GIPUZCOA mt.
9º 71 GONZALEZ, Mario ESP CAFES BAQUE-CAMPOS a 03
10º 13 JIMENEZ, Carlos Anton ESP CAJA RURAL-SEGUROS a 09
User avatar afpm90
Junior Member
 
Posts: 462
Joined: 10 Jul 2009 10:39

09 May 2013 03:59

afpm90 wrote:Image

Stage 1

1º 32 CHETOUT, Loic FRA NATURGAS ENERGIA 2:45:57
2º 112 MARTINELLI, Davide ITA DEBABARRENA-TEAM FOO mt.
3º 77 USABEL, Paul ESP CAFES BAQUE-CAMPOS T mt.
4º 63 MARQUEZ, Rafael ESP LIZARTE mt.
5º 33 ESTEVEZ, Imanol ESP NATURGAS ENERGIA mt.
6º 134 GARCIA, Javier ESP COLUER-CATALUNYA mt.
7º 95 ALTUR, Marcos ESP GSPORT-VAL.TERRA I M mt.
8º 51 DABOZ, Ibai ESP EKI SPORT GIPUZCOA mt.
9º 71 GONZALEZ, Mario ESP CAFES BAQUE-CAMPOS a 03
10º 13 JIMENEZ, Carlos Anton ESP CAJA RURAL-SEGUROS a 09


Great race.

Lokosphinx where completely devastating last year. Anyway -

Loic Chetout is a really good prospect.

Other interesting names - Grijalba, Roson, Etxeberria, Sivori, Ramirez, Dayer Quintana, Gonzalez Salas, Ojeda, Alvarado, Amezqueta and Jurado.
Jakob747
Junior Member
 
Posts: 237
Joined: 10 Jun 2009 17:33
Location: Colombia

09 May 2013 11:33

Jakob747 wrote:Great race.

Lokosphinx where completely devastating last year. Anyway -

Loic Chetout is a really good prospect.

Other interesting names - Grijalba, Roson, Etxeberria, Sivori, Ramirez, Dayer Quintana, Gonzalez Salas, Ojeda, Alvarado, Amezqueta and Jurado.


Imanol Estevez, Loic Chetout, Quintana (in no particular order), i see these 3 as the biggest prospects

i only hope Madariaga can retain Chetout for next year, that if he manages to continue with the Euskadi thing, which is not granted :(
XlandaluzeX
Junior Member
 
Posts: 108
Joined: 07 Sep 2010 16:17

Vuelta a Bidasoa

09 May 2013 19:50

Image

Stage 2

1º 1 ZURAVLEV, Vadim RUS LOKOSPHINX 2:56:05
2º 95 ALTUR, Marcos ESP GSPORT-VAL.TERRA I M a 02
3º 73 OJEDA, Iñigo ESP CAFES BAQUE-CAMPOS T a 06
4º 64 RAMIREZ, Santiago ESP LIZARTE a 14
5º 77 USABEL, Paul ESP CAFES BAQUE-CAMPOS T a 24
6º 112 MARTINELLI, Davide ITA DEBABARRENA-TEAM FOO a 24
7º 3 VDOVIN, Alexander RUS LOKOSPHINX a 24
8º 55 INTZIARTE, Unai ESP EKI SPORT GIPUZCOA a 24
9º 53 TXOPERENA, Beñat ESP EKI SPORT GIPUZCOA a 24
10º 2 VDOVIN, Sergey RUS LOKOSPHINX a 24

GC

1º 95 ALTUR, Marcos ESP GSPORT-VAL.TERRA I M 05:42:04
2º 1 ZURAVLEV, Vadim RUS LOKOSPHINX a 07
3º 73 OJEDA, Iñigo ESP CAFES BAQUE-CAMPOS T a 13
4º 64 RAMIREZ, Santiago ESP LIZARTE a 21
5º 77 USABEL, Paul ESP CAFES BAQUE-CAMPOS T a 22
6º 112 MARTINELLI, Davide ITA DEBABARRENA-TEAM FOO a 22
7º 32 CHETOUT, Loic FRA NATURGAS ENERGIA a 22
8º 33 ESTEVEZ, Imanol ESP NATURGAS ENERGIA a 22
9º 51 DABOZ, Ibai ESP EKI SPORT GIPUZCOA a 22
10º 63 MARQUEZ, Rafael ESP LIZARTE a 22
User avatar afpm90
Junior Member
 
Posts: 462
Joined: 10 Jul 2009 10:39

04 Jun 2013 19:38

I gotta say Jack Haig really impresses me. I think he might turn into something special. Huge potential!
Jakob747
Junior Member
 
Posts: 237
Joined: 10 Jun 2009 17:33
Location: Colombia

04 Jun 2013 20:08

Some riders from 1994 are performing amazingly so far!

Caleb Ewan, Fredrik Ludvigsson and Silvio Herklotz are kicking *** !
Gloin22
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,762
Joined: 10 Apr 2011 11:45

04 Jun 2013 20:31

Jakob747 wrote:I gotta say Jack Haig really impresses me. I think he might turn into something special. Huge potential!


He seems to have a lot of talent yes, but he hasnt decided yet if he is gonne go for mountain biking or road racing. Although it seems he doing more and more road racing so that is nice.

He might be a little big for a climber but then again so is Francis de Greef.
Ruudz0r
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,027
Joined: 09 Jun 2011 17:31
Location: The Netherlands

05 Jun 2013 04:10

But Earle is going to Sky and he would have been a role model for Haig, so i'm sure he would be inspired to follow, on the road racing scene.
I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

Quote:VAE
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon..."
greenedge
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,264
Joined: 27 Mar 2011 04:23

Previous

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Asero831, Billie, Google Adsense [Bot], Pierrot le Fou, SeriousSam, wwabbit and 60 guests

Back to top