Log in:  

Register

Will Cancellara ride the 2013 Tour de France?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

?

yes
57
56%
no
45
44%
 
Total votes : 102

03 Feb 2013 00:15

18-Valve. (pithy) wrote:Spoke too soon:


Fabian cancellara ‏@f_cancellara

Dont belive what you read global regarding my raceprogramm. #Full fokus for the #classics after that i will rest, and decide with the team.


lol so he doesn't even confirm the Giro?

#weirdo
Ferminal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,771
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

03 Feb 2013 01:11

He's riding it, its the only way he'll get out of setting up his kids birthday party.
CyclingNews Forum Member Number 1. (verified)
All my posts are of my own opinion.
October 10, 2012 The Reasoned Decision
Points: 10 CN Infraction Points
User avatar ElChingon
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,919
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 03:19
Location: En el Internet, and Hiding from the UCI

03 Feb 2013 07:24

Ferminal wrote:lol so he doesn't even confirm the Giro?

#weirdo


Looks like he spoke out of turn... in the end the team will decide, it seems.
"The likelihood of cheats succeeding in the London Olympics is somewhat remote." - David Howman, WADA Director General
18-Valve. (pithy)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,151
Joined: 04 May 2011 12:50

03 Feb 2013 11:47

No Cancellara at Omloop again. Shame. Radioshack not even invited. Given they've got Devolder as well I'd assume the team said not interested rather than the race snubbing them (and having FDJ there for example), but maybe I'm wrong.
Cult Classics
Junior Member
 
Posts: 200
Joined: 19 Jul 2011 21:25

03 Feb 2013 12:08

the asian wrote:No. He's fed up of towing the Schlecks around France and will make the right decision this time.


this exactly. he's f;n annoyed by them and that is pretty clear by now, he bascially hates all the management in the team as well and he's been trying to get out of the team since 2011. cancellara will only ride for cancellara in 2013
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,409
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

03 Feb 2013 12:26

what is ironic about cancellara's situation is that in 2010 after his stellar spring campaign riis offered him a new contract and told him he would build the entire saxo bank team around him because the schlecks were he leaving, and cancellara refused so he could stay on the same team as his buddies.
User avatar Parrulo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,180
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 01:42

03 Feb 2013 13:22

Ryo Hazuki wrote:this exactly. he's f;n annoyed by them and that is pretty clear by now, he bascially hates all the management in the team as well and he's been trying to get out of the team since 2011. cancellara will only ride for cancellara in 2013


is it more because of bruyneel than it is of the schlecks that he wanted to leave at the end of last season? He wasn't getting paid and bruyneel's involvement in the lance armstrong affair.
gruppeto993
Junior Member
 
Posts: 354
Joined: 24 Jan 2013 18:52

03 Feb 2013 20:04

Parrulo wrote:what is ironic about cancellara's situation is that in 2010 after his stellar spring campaign riis offered him a new contract and told him he would build the entire saxo bank team around him because the schlecks were he leaving, and cancellara refused so he could stay on the same team as his buddies.


And he paid for his treachery by missing out on a monument win in the last two years. Saxo won a bonus with Nuyens.

karma is a *****.
User avatar the asian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,407
Joined: 20 Jan 2011 18:09
Location: Colombo

03 Feb 2013 20:12

the asian wrote:And he paid for his treachery by missing out on a monument win in the last two years. Saxo won a bonus with Nuyens.

karma is a *****.


If only Baden Cooke won P-R out of that big breakaway instead of Van Summeren

:D
burning
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,291
Joined: 29 Feb 2012 21:33

03 Feb 2013 21:01

gruppeto993 wrote:is it more because of bruyneel than it is of the schlecks that he wanted to leave at the end of last season? He wasn't getting paid and bruyneel's involvement in the lance armstrong affair.


I;m sure he got paid or he could've just left the team.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,409
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

13 Apr 2013 11:01

Cancellara's next stage races as per Wielerflits, who cite (paper edition of) Gazetta dello Sport as the source:

Tour of Belgium
Tour of Switzerland
Tour de France

(no Giro)

http://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/21972/-fabian-cancellara-toch-van-start-in-tour-de-france-.html
"The likelihood of cheats succeeding in the London Olympics is somewhat remote." - David Howman, WADA Director General
18-Valve. (pithy)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,151
Joined: 04 May 2011 12:50

13 Apr 2013 11:07

Then my CQ analysis has been for nothing :o :(
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,059
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

13 Apr 2013 11:09

There's a TTT so yes
User avatar wiggos sideburn
Junior Member
 
Posts: 175
Joined: 07 Apr 2013 11:56

13 Apr 2013 12:47

18-Valve. (pithy) wrote:Cancellara's next stage races as per Wielerflits, who cite (paper edition of) Gazetta dello Sport as the source:

Tour of Belgium
Tour of Switzerland
Tour de France

(no Giro)

http://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/21972/-fabian-cancellara-toch-van-start-in-tour-de-france-.html


Well that sucks. :( Was really hoping he would do the Giro, It would be a lot better then doing the Tour again, and align with his later season goals better. Hope he does end up doing the Giro.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,050
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

13 Apr 2013 13:11

well done valve pithy. Called it before anyone else.

Though what ****es me off most is those **** ***** sons of **** at Amaury sports have a ttt rather than an event where people earn their time.

Though same with rcs

wiggos sideburn wrote:There's a TTT so yes


What's that supposed to mean.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,436
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

13 Apr 2013 13:13

The Hitch wrote:What's that supposed to mean.

I think that it's supposed to mean that the team will want him there, so that they'll do better in the TTT.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,059
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

13 Apr 2013 13:17

Stayed faithful to the end, well done. Better go delete my post on the first page before anyone finds it :D

yes (36)
18-Valve. (pithy), airstream, al_pacino, archa55, argyllflyer, b.broadhurst, Captain Sensible, Catwhoorg, Cavendash, Contadoraus Schlecks, Dedelou, ElChingon, element, ferryman, gruppeto993, Gubby Allen, hayzer114, Housoe, Hugo Koblet, Hugo87, ILovecycling, LaFlorecita, Marco Pantani, Matthijs, Njbb1995, observer, Old School, Psalmon, Purplegirldk, Skibby the bush kangaroo, spalco, veganrob, velascoabuela, Viking, wiggos sideburn, YannickQ

Think 2-3 snuck in already today.
Ferminal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,771
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

13 Apr 2013 13:19

Well if there wasn't a ttt there would be a time trial. I'm pretty sure they'd rather have him contending for a leaders jersey then be the difference between finishing 30 seconds down and 35 seconds down. When it's possible they won't even have a gc guy there so it wouldn't matter one iota.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,436
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

13 Apr 2013 14:28

The Hitch wrote:Well if there wasn't a ttt there would be a time trial. I'm pretty sure they'd rather have him contending for a leaders jersey then be the difference between finishing 30 seconds down and 35 seconds down. When it's possible they won't even have a gc guy there so it wouldn't matter one iota.


Zubeldia isn't a GC guy ? C'mon ! Andy's still going, to keep the sponsors happy so Zubeldia it is ! Actually I thought Zubeldia's ride last year was pretty good for a guy that had no chance of winning the race and is in the veteran category.
movingtarget
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,738
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 08:54

17 Apr 2013 07:03

Turns out La Gazetta was wrong. :o :D


No Tour for Cancellara and no Giro, either, according to Guercilena.

Only Vuelta and world championships confirmed at this point. Tour of Belgium is a possibility.


http://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/22012/cancellara-via-vuelta-naar-wk.html
"The likelihood of cheats succeeding in the London Olympics is somewhat remote." - David Howman, WADA Director General
18-Valve. (pithy)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,151
Joined: 04 May 2011 12:50

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anderis, Armchair cyclist, Bing [Bot], BostonRob, gerundium, henry olonga, irondan, Mayomaniac, Miburo, Non Grimpeur, PremierAndrew, Ragerod, TourOfSardinia, Vino attacks everyone, vladimir and 93 guests

Back to top