Log in:  

Register

Tour Méditerranéen 2.1 (6th-10th February)

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

04 Feb 2013 23:51

Talansky might do well here.

It really depends on who is here to race and who is here to train.
Democracy has failed - time for something better.
Mad Elephant Man
Junior Member
 
Posts: 520
Joined: 22 Sep 2012 14:23

05 Feb 2013 00:01

I expect Taaramäe to do well here , he seems to have one of the best mix of TT/climbing out of the possible winners here and i expect him to go for the victory , although he may be here just to train and help someone like Le Mevel.
niidirull
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 12 Mar 2011 09:40

05 Feb 2013 00:03

JTL raced this well last year, france 2/3 covering this again?
http://sbbcolumns.co.uk/tour-de-pologne-cycling-preview-2015/ Preview World Tour race in Poland, with Movistar likely to face off with Sky.

http://sbbcolumns.co.uk/clasica-san-sebastian-cycling-preview-2015/ San Sebastian preview
User avatar manafana
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,403
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:29

05 Feb 2013 00:29

The real question is, who will drop out first? Hushovd vs. Schleck, head-to-head.
skidmark
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,110
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 23:16

05 Feb 2013 07:30

Pentacycle wrote:Thomas Dekker himself uses this name on his FB page, so I guess it's his official nickname. Still it refers more to his good old days, since his return we've yet to see the diesel become Turbo. Vaughters seems optimistic though. :D

I don't know who came up with that name, but even Herbert Dijkstra used it back then. Keep in mind that TD was the prodigy of Dutch cycling, the guy who was gonna win the Tour.
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

05 Feb 2013 08:01

Ruudz0r wrote:Oh the ITT is 24 km :eek: didnt see that, that seems a bit long for a 2.1 race. Good thing there are a lot of other good riders who dont really have a good time trial in the legs, so that could mean other stages might get more animated.


The TT finishes at Mont Saint Clair, Im guessing that's a climb.

http://www.letourmed.fr/2-parcours-2013-cap-d27agde-sete--prefecture.pdf

The itinerary says something about average 15% :D (Sorry my French is very limited.) That means it's not for the specialist.
uphillstruggle
Junior Member
 
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Jun 2009 19:31

05 Feb 2013 08:09

uphillstruggle wrote:The TT finishes at Mont Saint Clair, Im guessing that's a climb.

http://www.letourmed.fr/2-parcours-2013-cap-d27agde-sete--prefecture.pdf

The itinerary says something about average 15% :D (Sorry my French is very limited.) That means it's not for the specialist.


Do not know what it says in French, I have no French.

However is this the climb
http://www.climbbybike.com/climb.asp?Col=Mont-Saint-Clair&qryMountainID=6988
If so then 2.5km at 6.9%
Democracy has failed - time for something better.
Mad Elephant Man
Junior Member
 
Posts: 520
Joined: 22 Sep 2012 14:23

05 Feb 2013 08:12

It's a really interesting ITT as it will be very exposed along the coast there - that's where HTC + Armstrong stole a march in the '09 Tour. With a climb to the finish too, there could be some big gaps in that ITT.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,013
Joined: 27 Dec 2010 14:08

05 Feb 2013 08:14

It's more or less the reverse to the Tour stage last year...
Ferminal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,774
Joined: 03 Jul 2009 09:42

05 Feb 2013 08:59

theyoungest wrote:I don't know who came up with that name, but even Herbert Dijkstra used it back then. Keep in mind that TD was the prodigy of Dutch cycling, the guy who was gonna win the Tour.


Well, I wasn't even watching cycling that much back then, not even the Tour. :o I have never seen Dekker in his 'End Boss'-like form, only the turned down version of 2009 and later.
User avatar Pentacycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,177
Joined: 28 May 2012 08:28
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands

05 Feb 2013 09:41

Image

Very interesting course with wind. Up to 75 km/h.

There will be a lot of echelons this week.
User avatar Lupetto
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,232
Joined: 08 Sep 2010 10:05

05 Feb 2013 09:51

Mad Elephant Man wrote:Do not know what it says in French, I have no French.

However is this the climb
http://www.climbbybike.com/climb.asp?Col=Mont-Saint-Clair&qryMountainID=6988
If so then 2.5km at 6.9%


Cheers for that.

Also good work Lupetto with the TT profile. The parcours looks good this year. Hard to call a winner whcih is always good.
uphillstruggle
Junior Member
 
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Jun 2009 19:31

05 Feb 2013 10:00

skidmark wrote:The real question is, who will drop out first? Hushovd vs. Schleck, head-to-head.


lol nice one:)
gruppeto993
Junior Member
 
Posts: 354
Joined: 24 Jan 2013 18:52

05 Feb 2013 10:55

Greipel should snatch 2 stage wins.
GC between Talansky and Monfort.
My old car for live coverage please.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,313
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

05 Feb 2013 11:01

Dazed and Confused wrote:Greipel should snatch 2 stage wins.
GC between Talansky and Monfort.
My old car for live coverage please.



I'm curious which will be the second stage win for Greipel.
In my opinion only stage one had a change for sprinters.
User avatar Ruvu75
Junior Member
 
Posts: 90
Joined: 28 Aug 2011 07:53
Location: Netherlands

05 Feb 2013 11:11

Ruvu75 wrote:I'm curious which will be the second stage win for Greipel.
In my opinion only stage one had a change for sprinters.


Thinking the last stage. Devil is in the details however, and we don't have many of those.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,313
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

05 Feb 2013 11:20

Dazed and Confused wrote:Thinking the last stage. Devil is in the details however, and we don't have many of those.


I don't think any sprinter will survive the climb just before they enter Grasse.
Probably the peloton will be split way before that, passing Côte des Tuillières and Col du Tanneron...

GC contenders will have a nice opportunity to have a final attempt to improve their positions
User avatar Ruvu75
Junior Member
 
Posts: 90
Joined: 28 Aug 2011 07:53
Location: Netherlands

05 Feb 2013 11:33

Ruvu75 wrote:I don't think any sprinter will survive the climb just before they enter Grasse.
Probably the peloton will be split way before that, passing Côte des Tuillières and Col du Tanneron...

GC contenders will have a nice opportunity to have a final attempt to improve their positions


Could be. Looks 50/50 to me. Good stage design.
Dazed and Confused
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,313
Joined: 27 Jan 2012 23:14

05 Feb 2013 11:52

Stage 3 of this race is probably the most beautiful scenery we'll see (or won't see :( ) all year in a cycling race...

...imho ;)
piccoli equivoci senza importanza.

Visit my blog on spanish history: http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
User avatar Christian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,929
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 15:46
Location: Sevilla

05 Feb 2013 12:16

Christian wrote:... (or won't see :( ) ...


So, no real live TV coverage from this race again, this year? :(

Would be sad - great startlist and parcours.

Glad that at least Haut Var will have coverage, at least I hope so, if France3 or so haven´t dropped it.
RHRH19861986
Junior Member
 
Posts: 988
Joined: 17 Mar 2012 14:33
Location: Germany, Europe

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: burning, capuldemetal, Eshnar, grizzlee, MatParker117, nuvolablu, old.edu, Yahoo [Bot] and 61 guests

Back to top