Log in:  

Register

2013 Tour of Oman (11th-16th February), 2.HC

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

11 Feb 2013 16:09

Carols wrote:Wiggo is lanterne rouge. Anyone know what happened?


Crash in the last 2k which he broke to avoid apparently. Sky website says he shouldn't lose time because of the 3k rule so may be a bit of a dispute about it. Kind of strange that few other seem to have lost time because of it
BlenJones2
Junior Member
 
Posts: 213
Joined: 26 Oct 2012 10:40

11 Feb 2013 16:10

Carols wrote:Wiggo is lanterne rouge. Anyone know what happened?


The answer lies in fact on this ( well the page before now :p) page... read above.. ;)

Anyway, looking at Sky images you can see Froome, Cataldo Kireynka & Knees working on the front.

Good sign that possibly Dombrowski might be given lead here, considering Wiggins lost time, only Porte remains who I didn't see working at the front at all.
Gloin22
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,758
Joined: 10 Apr 2011 11:45

11 Feb 2013 16:27

LaFlorecita wrote:funny you say that, in San Luis Alberto dropped Nibbles easily in stage 6 so I don't see why not on Green Mountain.


he dropped him easily in Argentina too last year yet Nibali came back to have a banging Oman. What Contador might have done is anyone's guess but Nibali was still flying in Tirreno and Milan San Remo. Maybe Contador will blow them all out of the water again, maybe not but horses for courses and Niibali was good here last year, very good.
wheelie1977
Junior Member
 
Posts: 92
Joined: 02 Jan 2013 11:44
Location: Ireland

11 Feb 2013 16:29

maltiv wrote:That's more than enough to get rid of Kittel.

It will probably be between Degenkolb and Sagan. Perhaps even someone like Meersman or Gilbert.


1.6 miles @ 8%? That's too much for degenkolb as well if you ask me.
More Gilbert material, but I have no idea which riders are in Oman to know if he has competition.
User avatar Kwibus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,168
Joined: 25 May 2010 05:54
Location: the Netherlands

11 Feb 2013 16:29

karaev wrote:I took Porte-top3 bet at Sportingbet at 9.00 odds last night. Do you think this is a good bet?

I'm also considering to back Contador but the odds are pretty low...


i think that's a really good bet.

I'm not a fan of short prices about anyone so can't recommend Contador bet. In the long run, it makes for little or no profit.
wheelie1977
Junior Member
 
Posts: 92
Joined: 02 Jan 2013 11:44
Location: Ireland

11 Feb 2013 16:30

LaFlorecita wrote:http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1124552&postcount=5069

this is what Publicus said a few weeks ago


what's the point here? I'm not sure. Maybe he'd winter weight. I've seen Gilbert live in the flesh enough times to know what he looks like on and off the bike :-)
wheelie1977
Junior Member
 
Posts: 92
Joined: 02 Jan 2013 11:44
Location: Ireland

11 Feb 2013 16:32

manafana wrote:Good man kristoff with that 4th lands my big bet.


where in dublin are you. must hook up :-) discuss betting tactics!
wheelie1977
Junior Member
 
Posts: 92
Joined: 02 Jan 2013 11:44
Location: Ireland

11 Feb 2013 16:33

Ryo Hazuki wrote:where are you guys betting against? betfair doesn't have anything open. any other sites that have similar bets on cycling?


follow me if you want, i've the best bets day in day out. send me a pm for more details.
wheelie1977
Junior Member
 
Posts: 92
Joined: 02 Jan 2013 11:44
Location: Ireland

11 Feb 2013 16:38

I'd Kittel for the win today. He was 8/1 with Paddy Power for those who do like a punt.

Tomorrow's stage is a real tester. Look to previous editions of Oman on Youtube including the time trial won by Gesink and you'll get your answer on whether the sprinters will get over the climb.

Should be a surprising shortage of specialists and has the capacity to surprise I'd say.

Such a shame there's no live pictures.

I'm not sure how much to look into Tommeke's sprint and high positioning. Good result but it's one sprint. Tomorrow's a test, if he got over Al Jissah with the main group I'd be revising my assertion that a Classic is beyond him this year.
wheelie1977
Junior Member
 
Posts: 92
Joined: 02 Jan 2013 11:44
Location: Ireland

11 Feb 2013 16:52

[quote="wheelie1977"]I'd Kittel for the win today. He was 8/1 with Paddy Power for those who do like a punt.



Oh how I miss the days where paddypower was open for danish custumers. That was absurd odds for the clear favourite. I would guess tomorrow they propably give 8/1 for Sagan too..
MADRAZO
Junior Member
 
Posts: 295
Joined: 06 Nov 2009 11:27
Location: Denmark

11 Feb 2013 16:56

It's not the first time Wiggins plays the 3km rule at limit. If he was coming from behind and stopped there to did the last km slowly, on the contrary to the rest of riders given the full stage classification, maybe is a warn from ASO because last TdF he did twice.
User avatar Forunculo
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,638
Joined: 25 Jul 2011 00:06

11 Feb 2013 16:58

BlenJones2 wrote:Crash in the last 2k which he broke to avoid apparently. Sky website says he shouldn't lose time because of the 3k rule so may be a bit of a dispute about it. Kind of strange that few other seem to have lost time because of it


Maybe this particular race jury didn't fall for Wiggins' "steer into the crash and unclip" trick
User avatar Eyeballs Out
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,744
Joined: 19 Jun 2009 10:17
Location: Thames Valley

11 Feb 2013 17:00

wheelie1977 wrote:he dropped him easily in Argentina too last year yet Nibali came back to have a banging Oman. What Contador might have done is anyone's guess but Nibali was still flying in Tirreno and Milan San Remo. Maybe Contador will blow them all out of the water again, maybe not but horses for courses and Niibali was good here last year, very good.


Whatever. I believe it's foolish to presume Alberto can't drop Nibali.

wheelie1977 wrote:what's the point here? I'm not sure. Maybe he'd winter weight. I've seen Gilbert live in the flesh enough times to know what he looks like on and off the bike :-)


This is not about Gilbert is it?
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 21,148
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

11 Feb 2013 17:06

MADRAZO wrote:
wheelie1977 wrote:I'd Kittel for the win today. He was 8/1 with Paddy Power for those who do like a punt.



Oh how I miss the days where paddypower was open for danish custumers. That was absurd odds for the clear favourite. I would guess tomorrow they propably give 8/1 for Sagan too..


why don't you try it's Australian affiliates like sportsbet and iasbet.com

they have exactly the same odds as Paddy Power - maybe they're not banned in Denmark?
wheelie1977
Junior Member
 
Posts: 92
Joined: 02 Jan 2013 11:44
Location: Ireland

11 Feb 2013 17:09

LaFlorecita wrote:Whatever. I believe it's foolish to presume Alberto can't drop Nibali.



This is not about Gilbert is it?


Whatever? Are you 10? Let's have a reasoned discussion. You have a few thousand posts and your knowledge is therefore somehow better than a newbie? :-)

I believe you quoted me about riders weight?

Very defensive La Florecita, be nice to newcomers. Let's all get along :(
wheelie1977
Junior Member
 
Posts: 92
Joined: 02 Jan 2013 11:44
Location: Ireland

11 Feb 2013 17:17

wheelie1977 wrote:i think that's a really good bet.

I'm not a fan of short prices about anyone so can't recommend Contador bet. In the long run, it makes for little or no profit.


I dont think Porte has a shot at podium. His condition aint the same as last year, there he had an early peak while this year he wants to be good in the Giro.

So I dont think he will have the same form as he had in Algarve last year, + Froome is their leader.
Ruudz0r
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,022
Joined: 09 Jun 2011 17:31
Location: The Netherlands

11 Feb 2013 18:09

wheelie1977 wrote:
MADRAZO wrote:
why don't you try it's Australian affiliates like sportsbet and iasbet.com

they have exactly the same odds as Paddy Power - maybe they're not banned in Denmark?


Thanks for the tip, sadly it seems they have also closed for danish custumers.
MADRAZO
Junior Member
 
Posts: 295
Joined: 06 Nov 2009 11:27
Location: Denmark

11 Feb 2013 18:15

wheelie1977 wrote:Whatever? Are you 10?


5 actually :D

Let's have a reasoned discussion.


I offered a reasonable argument imo

You have a few thousand posts and your knowledge is therefore somehow better than a newbie? :-)


It is not about you being a newbie by the way I don't think I have that much cycling knowledge I just know a lot about Alberto :o

I believe you quoted me about riders weight?


About Alberto's weight actually that was what the discussion with Ryo was all about.

Very defensive La Florecita, be nice to newcomers. Let's all get along :(


I am sorry it was not meant that way, let's be friends okay? :)
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 21,148
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

11 Feb 2013 18:17

wheelie1977 wrote:Whatever? Are you 10? Let's have a reasoned discussion. You have a few thousand posts and your knowledge is therefore somehow better than a newbie? :-)

I believe you quoted me about riders weight?

Very defensive La Florecita, be nice to newcomers. Let's all get along :(


Contador didn't race after San Luis last year, so there's no reference. And in Oman he beat Velits, not exactly the strongest climber either. Of course LaFlo could maybe show some more respect, but she's definitely right. Normally Nibali won't be a factor on Green Mountain, his form was even better last year. And the competition is much stronger than a year ago, as it will be in Tirreno..
User avatar Pentacycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,177
Joined: 28 May 2012 08:28
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands

11 Feb 2013 18:20

Oh how I miss the days where paddypower was open for danish custumers. That was absurd odds for the clear favourite. I would guess tomorrow they propably give 8/1 for Sagan too..


Wrong Madrazo - he's on at 10-1 !

Bet Max time
User avatar gizzajob
Junior Member
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 29 Jun 2010 21:27
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amih77, Andro, archa55, Billie, Brullnux, burning, jens_attacks, kanari, LightBing, Miburo, MrTea1976, ray j willings, Ruudz0r, samhocking, UselessToo and 72 guests

Back to top