Log in:  

Register

2013 Tour of Oman (11th-16th February), 2.HC

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

11 Feb 2013 18:39

gizzajob wrote:Wrong Madrazo - he's on at 10-1 !

Bet Max time


LOL, you lucky nondanes
MADRAZO
Junior Member
 
Posts: 293
Joined: 06 Nov 2009 11:27
Location: Denmark

11 Feb 2013 18:40

auscyclefan94 wrote:I am barracking for Alberto, because Cadel won't win. I have strangely warmed to Contador since la Vuelta.


...and I've warmed to Cadel over the past few years. It's a wonderful world that we live in.:)
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,811
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 13:30

11 Feb 2013 18:49

Angliru wrote:...and I've warmed to Cadel over the past few years. It's a wonderful world that we live in.:)


same, we should probably thank the schlecks for that :p
User avatar Parrulo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,168
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 01:42

11 Feb 2013 19:01

Parrulo wrote:same, we should probably thank the schlecks for that :p


I never thought of it that way but you may be right.:D
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,811
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 13:30

11 Feb 2013 19:02

Parrulo wrote:same, we should probably thank the schlecks for that :p


Wiggins/ Froome are the unifiers here. Schlecks havent done nothing since Cadel and Contador fans still hated eachother. Especially for Evans fans. i know some cadel fans for whom Froome winning PDBF was the Rubicon. They thought that that was going to be Cadel's Tour, with Contador and Schleck missing.

Of course had Cadel won that Tour and had 2 tours like Contador, Evans and Contador fans would be at eachothers throats big time over who is the greatest. -
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,192
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

11 Feb 2013 19:14

MADRAZO wrote:LOL, you lucky nondanes

Why don't you just use a proxy?
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,639
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

11 Feb 2013 19:21

Netserk wrote:Why don't you just use a proxy?


You still have to register a name/adress, so I would have too use a nondanish name and adress, that I could verify, would be a bit of a trouble, and with the fast coming limits it will not be worth the trouble.
MADRAZO
Junior Member
 
Posts: 293
Joined: 06 Nov 2009 11:27
Location: Denmark

11 Feb 2013 19:34

The Hitch wrote:Wiggins/ Froome are the unifiers here. Schlecks havent done nothing since Cadel and Contador fans still hated eachother. Especially for Evans fans. i know some cadel fans for whom Froome winning PDBF was the Rubicon. They thought that that was going to be Cadel's Tour, with Contador and Schleck missing.

Of course had Cadel won that Tour and had 2 tours like Contador, Evans and Contador fans would be at eachothers throats big time over who is the greatest. -


They can't be serious in questioning that, that's just ridiculous :o

But ok i'm a Contador-fan so actually i get your point :D
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,735
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

11 Feb 2013 19:41

gizzajob wrote:Wrong Madrazo - he's on at 10-1 !

Bet Max time


What, with paddypower? Hes 7-4. Least from what i see.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,192
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

11 Feb 2013 19:43

The Hitch wrote:What, with paddypower? Hes 7-4. Least from what i see.


He was 10-1 before it got posted on here... ;)
User avatar Geraint Too Fast
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,665
Joined: 05 Jul 2011 21:51

11 Feb 2013 19:46

Geraint Too Fast wrote:He was 10-1 before it got posted on here... ;)


Oh look at those odds for Contador winning the overall. Way too short. He should be a 50-1 shot at best.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,192
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

11 Feb 2013 20:21

How do folk think Phinney will get on tomorrow? I'm quite liking his odds of 41 (I've had an each way bet on him). He's looked in good shape so far this season and got a few top 10s in sprint stages (6th today). Is the climb the same one that was used for the outward half of the TT a couple of years ago? I think he might get over that ok.
Keep on Truckin'
User avatar Leadbelly
Junior Member
 
Posts: 219
Joined: 05 Sep 2011 14:39
Location: Kernow

11 Feb 2013 20:42

The Hitch wrote:Wiggins/ Froome are the unifiers here. Schlecks havent done nothing since Cadel and Contador fans still hated eachother. Especially for Evans fans. i know some cadel fans for whom Froome winning PDBF was the Rubicon. They thought that that was going to be Cadel's Tour, with Contador and Schleck missing.

Of course had Cadel won that Tour and had 2 tours like Contador, Evans and Contador fans would be at eachothers throats big time over who is the greatest. -


Of course I can only speak for myself, but Evans' performance in the 2010 Giro was what won me over, although I certainly was rooting for him to emerge victorious over the Schlecks at the 2011 Tour. The rise of the Sky juggernaut has admittedly given me incentive to root for anyone but them with their scientific approach to racing that lulls me to sleep and their plans of dominating the sport. Admittedly I have no problem with Froome and I hope he rebels against the management at the Tour by riding completely for himself, leaving Wiggins languishing in mountains with the 2nd tier gc riders.
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,811
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 13:30

11 Feb 2013 20:51

Leadbelly wrote:How do folk think Phinney will get on tomorrow? I'm quite liking his odds of 41 (I've had an each way bet on him). He's looked in good shape so far this season and got a few top 10s in sprint stages (6th today). Is the climb the same one that was used for the outward half of the TT a couple of years ago? I think he might get over that ok.


He's looking very lean. Could surprise a few people if there's a reduced sprint tomorrow.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,013
Joined: 27 Dec 2010 14:08

11 Feb 2013 21:38

will10 wrote:He's looking very lean. Could surprise a few people if there's a reduced sprint tomorrow.


he said he's 85 kg, so how lean is that? :rolleyes:
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,240
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

11 Feb 2013 21:51

Ryo Hazuki wrote:he said he's 85 kg, so how lean is that? :rolleyes:


Depends on how much body fat he has. He could be incredibly lean at 85 kg.
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,867
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 12:55
Location: Oakland, CA

11 Feb 2013 22:09

Publicus wrote:Depends on how much body fat he has. He could be incredibly lean at 85 kg.


yea but i don't see him gettin up there tomorrow, fat or no fat he still gotta carry it over that steep climb.

I don't think he'll do it, besides doesn't he have to ride for Evans/gilbert tomorrow?
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,735
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

11 Feb 2013 22:12

Ryo Hazuki wrote:ah ok, don't like to bet against bookies, low odds usually. that
s why I prefer betfair


yes bookies have ibgger margins meaning less chances of good value, but if something should be 1/2 and is 4/6 with bookies its a bet.
http://sbbcolumns.co.uk/giro-stage-12-cycling-blog/ My Stage 12 outsiders here

http://sbbcolumns.co.uk/giro-ditalia-2015-fight-for-pink-blog/ Giro D'Italia 2015 hit up the blog new blogs each day
User avatar manafana
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,346
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:29

11 Feb 2013 22:12

Miburo wrote:yea but i don't see him gettin up there tomorrow, fat or no fat he still gotta carry it over that steep climb.

I don't think he'll do it, besides doesn't he have to ride for Evans/gilbert tomorrow?


Probably all true, though I imagine Cuddles isn't going to be a factor here since this is his first race of the year. I was responding to Ryo's assertion/implication that weight/mass alone defines leanness. It doesn't.
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,867
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 12:55
Location: Oakland, CA

11 Feb 2013 22:31

Publicus wrote:Depends on how much body fat he has. He could be incredibly lean at 85 kg.


I know that but his top weight is 83kg, and I mean to say, with 85 kg and not being a climber he stands no chance
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,240
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ChewbaccaDefense, drummerdude, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jimsnchz, MotorRouleur, Punter, sartoris, The fridge in the blue trees, thehook and 27 guests

Back to top