Lanark wrote:Wow, why the agression suddenly? Losing 2 minutes on a stage like this is pretty much as bad as it gets. There could be a number of reasons, maybe he just is quite bad at this point, maybe he didn't bother, went easy on the descent etc. But saying it's a good sign seems extremely far fetched. I don't see how comparing him to a joke like Andy Schleck matters. And the fact that Gilbert is peaking for the Ardennes only works against Boonen, I hope you understand.
Because you seem to fail to understand a whole lot of things:
- It's his first race: I was expecting far worse.
- He was hospitalized for a couple of weeks because of a bowel infection.
- Hospitalized for another week because of a serious elbow infection.
- Had to skip San Luis.
- Had to skip one of his favorite races, Qatar.
- He's not a climber and has always lost so much time on similar stages.
And no, Gilbert is naturally a better climber than Boonen, I hope you understand that.