Log in:  

Register

2013 Tour of Oman (11th-16th February), 2.HC

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

12 Feb 2013 15:07

Nibbles is showing form, nice!
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,457
Joined: 05 May 2011 16:26

12 Feb 2013 15:08

theyoungest wrote:Well, then you agree that Cancellara is a better rider than Boonen ;)


Who?

............
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,298
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

12 Feb 2013 15:15

El Pistolero wrote:He nearly lost an arm and he's never been a climber. He finished in the same group as the likes of Alexander Kristoff and in front of Goss, Devolder, Cataldo, Degenkolb, Kittel(no surprise there lol), so yeah that's pretty good. He also lost time last year on stage 2 which was a lot easier.

Finishing in the same group as Kristoff in the early season isn't exactly impressive, Kristoff usually puts on at least 15 kgs every winter ;)

But I see your point, it was a reasonable ride given the circumstances. Looks like he'll be back in decent form for the cobbled classics.
maltiv
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,253
Joined: 23 Oct 2009 20:25

12 Feb 2013 15:20

Who is a better 'natural' rider? Only Pisti knows! :p :rolleyes:
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

12 Feb 2013 15:23

Der Effe
Junior Member
 
Posts: 905
Joined: 20 Sep 2011 09:48
Location: Netherlands

12 Feb 2013 15:23

airstream wrote:Who is a better 'natural' rider? Only Pisti knows! :p :rolleyes:


Doped or not, even Andy is a better natural climber. :D
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,298
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

12 Feb 2013 15:37

"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,646
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

12 Feb 2013 15:38



whats a direct translation? googles offering doesnt make a lot of sense to me
BlenJones2
Junior Member
 
Posts: 213
Joined: 26 Oct 2012 10:40

12 Feb 2013 15:40

BlenJones2 wrote:whats a direct translation? googles offering doesnt make a lot of sense to me


I don't think it will make a lot of sense to everyone except Dutchies and Belgians ;)
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,646
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

12 Feb 2013 15:41

The 1st point is from a belgium television show (that was populair in NL) so you wont understand if your not Dutch or Belgium.

The 2nd is clinic related :P
User avatar Ruudz0r
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,952
Joined: 09 Jun 2011 17:31
Location: The Netherlands

12 Feb 2013 15:47

BlenJones2 wrote:whats a direct translation? googles offering doesnt make a lot of sense to me


It's a reference to a Flemish TV show (also watched a lot in the Netherlands) for kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPtTN5Jw3mM
User avatar Maaaaaaaarten
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,474
Joined: 23 Oct 2011 17:47

12 Feb 2013 15:47

BlenJones2 wrote:whats a direct translation? googles offering doesnt make a lot of sense to me


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPtTN5Jw3mM
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato


The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14,298
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

12 Feb 2013 15:53

Haha, nice one Niki ;-)
User avatar GazelleFormula
Junior Member
 
Posts: 249
Joined: 20 Apr 2012 11:14

12 Feb 2013 16:12


Haha that's genius.

Indeed, if you're not Flemish or Dutch there's no point in translating.
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

12 Feb 2013 16:14

So if i got it right: Contador attacked the sky train multiple times and was ahead but got taken in the descent.

Well i called it that he was gonna do it but that's not really hard since Contador always does it :D

Already my favorite moment despite not seeing it: Contador attacking the sky train :cool:

The seconds he lost isn't an issue, besides we all know Contador sucks at sprinting.

Green mountain should be awesome.
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,861
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

12 Feb 2013 16:22

Miburo wrote:So if i got it right: Contador attacked the sky train multiple times and was ahead but got taken in the descent.

Well i called it that he was gonna do it but that's not really hard since Contador always does it :D

Already my favorite moment despite not seeing it: Contador attacking the sky train :cool:

The seconds he lost isn't an issue, besides we all know Contador sucks at sprinting.

Green mountain should be awesome.


How can contador have been caught on the descent when at least 3 other riders were over the final climb before him though.
del1962
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,052
Joined: 16 Oct 2012 17:20

12 Feb 2013 16:23

Miburo wrote:So if i got it right: Contador attacked the sky train multiple times and was ahead but got taken in the descent.

Well i called it that he was gonna do it but that's not really hard since Contador always does it :D

Already my favorite moment despite not seeing it: Contador attacking the sky train :cool:

The seconds he lost isn't an issue, besides we all know Contador sucks at sprinting.

Green mountain should be awesome.



Yes
Nibal: Alberto Contador "ha sido el mejor en el ascenso" http://www.esciclismo.com/ampliada.asp?Id=24820&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
User avatar pdluz7
Junior Member
 
Posts: 162
Joined: 17 Sep 2012 14:26
Location: Brazil

12 Feb 2013 16:25

But what is the clinic comment he makes?
barmaher
Junior Member
 
Posts: 737
Joined: 02 Oct 2011 21:04

12 Feb 2013 16:26

del1962 wrote:How can contador have been caught on the descent when at least 3 other riders were over the final climb before him though.


You're not allowed to use logic about Contador; everything is a sign of his strength.
Waterloo Sunrise
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,597
Joined: 09 Sep 2009 20:21

12 Feb 2013 16:30

barmaher wrote:But what is the clinic comment he makes?

He's just joking around a bit with the cero cero cero cero cinco remark. It's a multi-layered joke ;)
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hfer07, meat puppet, Trev_S and 17 guests

Back to top