Register

2013 Tour of Oman (11th-16th February), 2.HC

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

12 Feb 2013 21:03

will10 wrote:Sagan. Wow. Just wow.

Indeed he is to damn strong :O
User avatar Ruudz0r

12 Feb 2013 21:11

God only knows why Pisti was talking about Boonen. ;) This spring could be a one-man show.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

12 Feb 2013 21:11

Great thing Nibali and Contador attacking, and Froome solid ride. :)

Come Green Mountain:D
User avatar Forunculo

12 Feb 2013 21:17

will10 wrote:God only knows why Pisti was talking about Boonen. ;) This spring could be a one-man show.

Pisti knows that finishing within 2 minutes from Sagan is a great result for any mere mortal ;)
theyoungest

12 Feb 2013 21:18

will10 wrote:God only knows why Pisti was talking about Boonen. ;) This spring could be a one-man show.

Could be?

:D
At least Boonen will have a chance in Roubaix.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

12 Feb 2013 21:18

theyoungest wrote:Pisti knows that finishing within 2 minutes from Sagan is a great result for any mere mortal ;)

Take it to the clinic. ;)

Funny though, we're still hearing you moping about Gesink's injury even though it's more than a year ago.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

12 Feb 2013 21:20

He's not riding Roubaix, FW and LBL. ;)
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

12 Feb 2013 21:24

Yeah, obviously an elbow injury is just as bad for a cyclist as breaking your femur in three places ;)
theyoungest

12 Feb 2013 21:28

theyoungest wrote:Yeah, obviously an elbow injury is just as bad for a cyclist as breaking your femur in three places ;)

Almost losing your arm is worse than that yes.

User avatar El Pistolero

12 Feb 2013 21:29

Forunculo wrote:Great thing Nibali and Contador attacking, and Froome solid ride. :)

Come Green Mountain:D

Contador just testing the sensations. Winning is a result. Green Mountain is only climb.
User avatar pdluz7

12 Feb 2013 21:35

El Pistolero wrote:Almost losing your arm is worse than that yes.

Ask Gesink what injury he'd rather have had ;)

You're just too easy to bait. Don't worry, Tommeke will be okay for the classics. Not as good as last year, probably, but yeah... you can't have 'em all.
theyoungest

12 Feb 2013 21:41

theyoungest wrote:Ask Gesink what injury he'd rather have had ;)

You're just too easy to bait. Don't worry, Tommeke will be okay for the classics. Not as good as last year, probably, but yeah... you can't have 'em all.

Last year was Gesink's third best year lol. Not much worse than his second best year. :o

And that's with crashing out of the Tour de France.

I don't care if he'll be okay for the classics, I'm just happy he's on his bike again after a serious injury and doing good in his first race. But apparently you feel the need to mock his injury and call it "baiting me". Confessing that you're a troll? :o

User avatar El Pistolero

12 Feb 2013 21:44

El Pistolero wrote:Almost losing your arm is worse than that yes.

It's not worse unless you actually do lose the arm.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

12 Feb 2013 21:46

Stunning scenery in Oman. And by the looks of it a brilliant road. I need to go there now in a powerful car.
User avatar Arnout

12 Feb 2013 21:48

Afrank wrote:It's not worse unless you actually do lose the arm.

I'd personally rather break my femur than risk losing my arm.

User avatar El Pistolero

12 Feb 2013 21:52

another video just came out--- Sagan is a beast indeed:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw_gvQYnZ04
Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
Sun Tzu
User avatar hfer07

12 Feb 2013 21:53

El Pistolero wrote:I'd personally rather break my femur than risk losing my arm.

Lance almost died and lost a testicle to boot. Does that mean every single year he rode it was the equivalent of if he had just broken his leg
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

12 Feb 2013 21:57

The Hitch wrote:Lance almost died. Does that mean every single year he rode it was the equivalent of if he had just broken his leg

His come-back was harder than Gesink's come-back yes. But anyway, unlike Gesink's injury, which isn't relevant anymore at all yet is still used as an excuse for Gesink for some reason, Boonen's elbow infection happened less than a month ago and is still very much relevant.

User avatar El Pistolero

12 Feb 2013 22:00

Anyone reckon that cancellara might try something tomorrow? I know gallopin is second in the gc but i think the team should allow cancellara to go for the stage win instead of putting all their eggs in one basket with gallopin. I want to see how sagan will do against spartacus
gruppeto993

12 Feb 2013 22:02

gruppeto993 wrote:Anyone reckon that cancellara might try something tomorrow? I know gallopin is second in the gc but i think the team should allow cancellara to go for the stage win instead of putting all their eggs in one basket with gallopin. I want to see how sagan will do against spartacus

If he's smart he'll help Gallopin, in order to earn his loyalty for the classics. Like he did with Breschel at Dwars door Vlaanderen.

User avatar El Pistolero

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing