Register

2013 Tour of Oman (11th-16th February), 2.HC

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

10 Feb 2013 20:40

jens_attacks wrote:no and as always there is no signal on green mountain
we'll find out who won after half an hour. it will be awesome like in the 50's

We'll hear Contador attacks, Froome follows and then an hour later a photograph of a printed top 5 will appear on twitter. Love it.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

10 Feb 2013 20:50

Seems a shame when race threads move away from discussing the race and into slanging matches about the comparative merits of posters' favourite top riders.

I come here wondering who team leaders are likely to be, who people think will go well or just turn up for the training ride etc etc?

Oh well, I can but hope I suppose.

I like the Sagan v Gilbert question posed earlier for example.

How about the Kittel/Degenkolb mix? Kittel only any hope whatsoever for stage 1 & 6?

Is Goss going to get any stage wins at all?

Are any of the Italian sprinters actually going to be consistent for a change? Fortin to spring some surprises perhaps?

Is Gallopin going to podium again and a good bet for taking GC?

The list of discussion points could be endless...
Orbit501

10 Feb 2013 20:55

will10 wrote:We'll hear Contador attacks, Froome follows and then an hour later a photograph of a printed top 5 will appear on twitter. Love it.

And froome will later turn out to have actually been someone else.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

10 Feb 2013 20:56

LaFlorecita wrote:Froome looks anorexic lol. Can't be healthy.

look at wiggo:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/gallery-tour-of-oman-warm-up-for-champions/251772

nibali must be a little worried:D

FA PAURAAA!

and he even says:

“I won’t be able to. I’m too heavy at the moment,” Wiggins said.

The Robot seems to be right on the track for the giro win. i wish someone could take him down but i'm afraid no one will stand a chance
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

10 Feb 2013 21:07

jens_attacks wrote:look at wiggo:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/gallery-tour-of-oman-warm-up-for-champions/251772

nibali must be a little worried:D

FA PAURAAA!

and he even says:

“I won’t be able to. I’m too heavy at the moment,” Wiggins said.

The Robot seems to be right on the track for the giro win. i wish someone could take him down but i'm afraid no one will stand a chance

Do not for a second doubt the power of the mighty nibbles
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

10 Feb 2013 21:31

Orbit501 wrote:Seems a shame when race threads move away from discussing the race and into slanging matches about the comparative merits of posters' favourite top riders.

I come here wondering who team leaders are likely to be, who people think will go well or just turn up for the training ride etc etc?

Oh well, I can but hope I suppose.

I like the Sagan v Gilbert question posed earlier for example.

How about the Kittel/Degenkolb mix? Kittel only any hope whatsoever for stage 1 & 6?

Is Goss going to get any stage wins at all?

Are any of the Italian sprinters actually going to be consistent for a change? Fortin to spring some surprises perhaps?

Is Gallopin going to podium again and a good bet for taking GC?

The list of discussion points could be endless...

I dont think gallopin will win the gc because of the green mountain. Another climber can easily put time into him. But i think he can win a hilly stage.
gruppeto993

10 Feb 2013 21:36

airstream wrote:Do you think Sky intend to rehearse a train?

Honestly i cant stand sky's robotic trains anymore. I understand that this is what works for them but it is extremely boring and predictable. They signed another time trial ace in kiriyenka so basically they ll be riding a TTT up the green mountain. I hope contador and a few others derail this train.
gruppeto993

10 Feb 2013 21:51

jens_attacks wrote:Image

froomey is back in uber skinny mode

he's gonna win this race,hope for a showdown

LOL, Chris Horner should take both Froomey and Dombrowski to McDonald's.
Could finish with a box of Snicker's bars, I bet Horner would say.

(Man, has Dombrowski hit the big leagues, or what. Not that long out of high school, I think. Imagine on a training ride with Wiggo just behind you. They must have measured his watts/kg. At 6'1", 150 lbs only, it must be high.)

http://www.teamsky.com/gallery/0,27401,17553_8490391,00.html#photo=5
User avatar Parrot23

10 Feb 2013 22:52

I would have thought same about Gallopin but he hung in their last year on the Green Mountain, however this year i expect a much higher pace from Saxo, Katusha and Sky.

HArd to see past contador for me I will be betting on him.
http://sbbcolumns.co.uk/tour-de-france-2015-outright-yellow-preview/ My look at the fight for yellow in the Tour de France
User avatar manafana

10 Feb 2013 22:57

Anyone know what time the first stage starts, GMT. Cheers.
Cavendash

10 Feb 2013 23:39

LaFlorecita wrote:Froome looks anorexic lol. Can't be healthy.

almost every cyclist looks anorexic. I guess you've never met one, contador looks like someone from a camp as well
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

10 Feb 2013 23:47

Bet 365 saying 8am London time for start.

My preview for Tour of Oman is right and ready

contador for me hes a born winner, prehaps Jeanesson to break top 3.
http://sbbcolumns.co.uk/tour-de-france-2015-outright-yellow-preview/ My look at the fight for yellow in the Tour de France
User avatar manafana

11 Feb 2013 00:23

Without a doubt the line up of the season so far :) I'm literally drooling in anticipation!!!

S*CKS no coverage though :(

Let the show begin!!!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

11 Feb 2013 00:30

manafana wrote:Bet 365 saying 8am London time for start.

Nice preview brother, it says it's live on Eurosport 2, it's not live in the UK but is it in mainland Europe?

Hope so as it likely means there will be a live stream I can watch somewhere.
Cyivel

11 Feb 2013 02:01

Ryo Hazuki wrote:almost every cyclist looks anorexic. I guess you've never met one, contador looks like someone from a camp as well

Yan would object to that reference. LOL
User avatar Dedelou

11 Feb 2013 02:45

manafana wrote:Bet 365 saying 8am London time for start.

Cheers....
Cavendash

11 Feb 2013 02:46

Carols wrote:Without a doubt the line up of the season so far :) I'm literally drooling in anticipation!!!

S*CKS no coverage though :(

Let the show begin!!!

No way, surely there will be streams knocking around?
Cavendash

11 Feb 2013 02:56

manafana wrote:I would have thought same about Gallopin but he hung in their last year on the Green Mountain, however this year i expect a much higher pace from Saxo, Katusha and Sky.

HArd to see past contador for me I will be betting on him.

The quality of the competition last year was also much less than there will be this year.

I expect Sky will be trying out their train, and I think it will be Nibali and Contador going for the win on Green mountain. If Froome's in good health I could see him contending as well. Also hoping Dombro can do well, and Sky don't hold him back too much.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

11 Feb 2013 03:33

Ryo Hazuki wrote:almost every cyclist looks anorexic. I guess you've never met one, contador looks like someone from a camp as well

That reference made me lol :D
User avatar Unkown

11 Feb 2013 05:43

I am barracking for Alberto, because Cadel won't win. I have strangely warmed to Contador since la Vuelta.
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing