Register

Katusha IN

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

15 Feb 2013 11:29

King Boonen wrote:surely they just remove the lowest rated team in the WT?

Saxo?

That's what they said they would do but with UCI you never know
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

15 Feb 2013 11:31

LaFlorecita wrote:That's what they said they would do but with UCI you never know

They may have to stick with it this time. Very unfortunate if this happens, AC Vs. CF is shaping up to be a very good contest, Saxo out of the WT could mean no AC at the Tour.
User avatar King Boonen

15 Feb 2013 12:30

Strange case. Are we any the wiser as to what the official reason was for Katusha's omission in the first place ? Or on what basis CAS overturned ?

I'm struggling to see a motive behind this latest UCI blunder
User avatar Eyeballs Out

15 Feb 2013 12:44

Good! Purito deserves to be in it this year given the fact he was ranked number 1 last year.
Peter Sagan:
"I under-evaluated him (Gerald Ciolek) a little bit. I was watching Cancellara, who was trying to break free, and maybe I did too much work," Sagan said. "Ciolek stayed in the wheels and he took my wheel to do the sprint and was able to beat me. I went too early in the sprint."

17/03/13 Milan - San Remo

Peter Sagan:
“We went away in a break on the Oude Kwaremont, but then Cancellara went for it on the Paterberg and I wasn’t able to follow him,”

31/03/13 Tour of Flanders
User avatar HiCadence

15 Feb 2013 12:51

Eyeballs Out wrote:Strange case. Are we any the wiser as to what the official reason was for Katusha's omission in the first place ? Or on what basis CAS overturned ?

I'm struggling to see a motive behind this latest UCI blunder

There are suggestions Makarov was trying to usurp McQuaid and this was his answer to him.
User avatar King Boonen

15 Feb 2013 12:52

King Boonen wrote:There are suggestions Makarov was trying to usurp McQuaid and this was his answer to him.

and it backfired, I hope makarov eats him now
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

15 Feb 2013 12:53

Ryo Hazuki wrote:and it backfired, I hope makarov eats him now

Me too. I'm considering petitioning to have cycling removed from the Olympics. It might be the only way to actually get Pat out.
User avatar King Boonen

15 Feb 2013 13:02

King Boonen wrote:Me too. I'm considering petitioning to have cycling removed from the Olympics. It might be the only way to actually get Pat out.

that won't get pat out at all. only way is to threaten him in a way that makes him realize he goes out or he and his family die. he's f'n stubbon irish ***hole
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

15 Feb 2013 13:02

King Boonen wrote:They may have to stick with it this time. Very unfortunate if this happens, AC Vs. CF is shaping up to be a very good contest, Saxo out of the WT could mean no AC at the Tour.

If Contador wants to do the Tour, Saxo will be invited. Let's not exaggerate.

I guess we'll end up with 19 WT teams anyway.
User avatar Sylvester

15 Feb 2013 13:24

Ryo Hazuki wrote:that won't get pat out at all. only way is to *********************************************

Chill out man
del1962

15 Feb 2013 13:25

del1962 wrote:Chill out man

I;m not saying that I want to do that, only saying what will get him out, to illustrate that he won't go away despite all recent disasters under his name
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

15 Feb 2013 14:14

SteelyDan wrote:Does Riis have a leg to stand on though?

depends on whats in the decision which stated they entered Wt, if it's unconditional they (Saxo) have a very strong position, if they had conditions (like if Katusha gets WT licence) no leg at all to stand on

it's all in the papers

can you imagine a team which was granted Wt status in november will get kicked out in february not for doing something wrong but because ...
User avatar Lexman

15 Feb 2013 14:21

Rodriguez should just retire already.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

15 Feb 2013 14:21

Sylvester wrote:If Contador wants to do the Tour, Saxo will be invited. Let's not exaggerate.

With monseuir anti cycling heading the aso, no guarantees there. And even if it does happen, its a long stressful situation. Disturbs the sleep.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

15 Feb 2013 14:35

This is a text book example of a clusterf@ck. I'm not sure there is a palatable solution here that doesn't result in another lawsuit. It will be interesting to read the judgement. Could the UCI appeal and seek a stay of CAS' judgement?
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

15 Feb 2013 14:41

Sylvester wrote:If Contador wants to do the Tour, Saxo will be invited. Let's not exaggerate.

I'm not sure about that at all, and it still means Contador doesn't know if he's going to the Tour until much later than everyone else.

I also can't see 19 WT teams, as I can't image race organisers being happy with losing a wild card invite or teams being happy with more riders on the road depending how you decide to include them.

I think it's really up in the air what the UCI can do, even if they were an honest organisation.
User avatar King Boonen

15 Feb 2013 14:44

El Pistolero wrote:Rodriguez should just retire already.

No thanks.

Anyway, shambles from the UCI. But then is there a sports governing body that isn't shambolic & mired in corruption?
forkboy84

15 Feb 2013 14:58

King Boonen wrote:Me too. I'm considering petitioning to have cycling removed from the Olympics. It might be the only way to actually get Pat out.

The only thing the IOC cares about is ratings and money, they explicitely said so in their decision to kick out wrestling. Fortunately or unfortunately cycling seems to do alright in that regard, certainly it did in London. I would say there's absolutely no chance of cycling getting kicked out of the Olympics in the foreseeable future.
User avatar spalco

15 Feb 2013 16:12

they kicked out wrestling from the olympics?? wtf?! and what replaces it?
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

15 Feb 2013 16:26

Ryo Hazuki wrote:they kicked out wrestling from the olympics?? wtf?! and what replaces it?

Probably wushu, which boils down to another judged gymnastics event.
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing