Log in:  

Register

Who Will Win Tirreno Adriatico?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Who Will Win Tirreno Adriatico?

Poll ended at 02 Mar 2013 11:19

C.Froome
50
33%
C.Evans
15
10%
A.Contador
42
28%
V.Nibali
15
10%
J.Rodriguez
13
9%
Other
16
11%
 
Total votes : 151

19 Feb 2013 20:20

airstream wrote:premature excuse for a possible defeat? Alright... :p Alberto fans dislike Lance fans, but when I see reasonings of both I realise it is the guys with the same vision — vision of global surreal superiority. It cracks me...


Sorta' like you saying that Froome wasn't ready to be competitive with Contador in Oman, setting yourself up to look good in case your guy failed where normally you're in full-on support mode. It's a win-win isn't it? If you're wrong your guy still wins and if you're right you look good and you have an excuse for your guy losing. You finally caught on to the game!;)
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,987
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 13:30

19 Feb 2013 20:22

virandociclista wrote:offopic... excuse.. but

I would like to know how the things are btw Roche and Benatti @ saxo... did you remember?!

"Roche found himself outside the Liquigas team bus, waiting for Bennati. In front of the assembled media, Roche grabbed him by the throat, told him to show some respect, and if he didn’t understand that the priority was the yellow jersey on Roche’s team, then he didn’t understand cycling; the message being, don’t mess with Roche."


Wow!!! :eek: When did all this occur? Do you have a link to this?
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,987
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 13:30

19 Feb 2013 20:44

Angliru wrote:I'd swear that you didn't start following the sport until you appeared on this forum based on some of your posts. The bolded part above I must be misunderstanding what your meaning/intent might be. Certainly you don't think Contador was at his limit while riding up Ventoux?:eek:


None of 5-6 main guys were on their limit on the Ventoux. Armstrong was dancing on the pedals quite freshly. Armstrong looked better than Frank, So Contador sacrificed a POSSIBILITY of stage win. More precisely Contador and Andy did it.
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

19 Feb 2013 20:48

airstream wrote:None of 5-6 main guys were on their limit on the Ventoux. Armstrong was dancing on the pedals quite freshly. Armstrong looked better than Frank, So Contador sacrificed a POSSIBILITY of stage win. More precisely Contador and Andy did it.


You do realise that everyone dropped besides AS, Contador and Armstong. You're not really good at counting :D

So you admitting it after all. Well yeah andy aswell although i think Contador would have tried at least to get away from him.

And he always succeeded to do that in that tour but for whatever airstream reason you prob think that's not the case, right?
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,912
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

19 Feb 2013 21:46

Miburo wrote:You do realise that everyone dropped besides AS, Contador and Armstong. You're not really good at counting :D

So you admitting it after all. Well yeah andy aswell although i think Contador would have tried at least to get away from him.

And he always succeeded to do that in that tour but for whatever airstream reason you prob think that's not the case, right?


It is irrelevant, because the ascent was tactical and very slow. The final podium was already known from 8k to go.

Yes, Armstrong was not the reason why they decided not to fight for that stage.
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

19 Feb 2013 21:58

airstream wrote:None of 5-6 main guys were on their limit on the Ventoux. Armstrong was dancing on the pedals quite freshly. Armstrong looked better than Frank, So Contador sacrificed a POSSIBILITY of stage win. More precisely Contador and Andy did it.


No one is saying that Contador would have DEFINITELY won on Ventoux but had he not been burdened by having to escort Armstrong and ensure his 3rd place in the gc there is a good chance that he would've have won the stage if that was his intent from the beginning of that stage. Andy hadn't shown to be his equal, Armstrong certainly hadn't shown any evidence of being in the same neighborhood as Contador in the mountains and considering that the Pellizotti almost made contact with Martin and Garate before running out of gas, I'm quite certain that Contador could've done the same. Andy would've been too busy trying to help Frank in his efforts to take Armstrong's 3rd step on the podium to really concern himself with Contador going for the stage win. Frank was obviously Andy's priority on that stage as Armstrong, unfortunately was Contador's.
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,987
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 13:30

Previous

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: argyllflyer, Axis, Bing [Bot], Boardslide, dacooley, Gigs_98, Marco Pantani, Paintingletour, vedrafjord, wwabbit and 74 guests

Back to top