Register

Acquarone's Gauntlet

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

16 Feb 2013 22:47

Well the real solution is to dump the ProTour and the UCI and start anew. As this season progresses or actually does not progress (as improve) the more I see that it will have to be stopped till things are more properly addressed <insert clinic discussions>.

Things are really bad and people (cycling) are trying to ignore the mess its in. Its going to get worse as court cases are finalized and people start talking when its their last resort to losing their jobs/career.
CyclingNews Forum Member Number 1. (verified)
All my posts are of my own opinion.
October 10, 2012 The Reasoned Decision
User avatar ElChingon

17 Feb 2013 10:06

Armchair cyclist wrote:Each team may drop up to two WT races; every race guaranteed at least 16 WT teams. Any WT race that has already announced its wild cards can be guaranteed a drop out if they require it. Teams get to choose which races they drop in order of their finishing order in team rankings last year.

that would be perfect. Euskaltel drop Flanders and Roubaix, Lotto drops the Giro, someone will drop Poland or Gent or E3 or Plouay, and so on
pastronef

17 Feb 2013 17:16

Armchair cyclist wrote:Each team may drop up to two WT races; every race guaranteed at least 16 WT teams. Any WT race that has already announced its wild cards can be guaranteed a drop out if they require it. Teams get to choose which races they drop in order of their finishing order in team rankings last year.

Some, if not most, teams might want to drop out of Tour Down Under and/or Tour of Beijing if it not a good market for team sponsors (not to mention the expense),
avanti

18 Feb 2013 00:13

avanti wrote:Some, if not most, teams might want to drop out of Tour Down Under and/or Tour of Beijing if it not a good market for team sponsors (not to mention the expense),

Which is why my proposal would have a minimum number of teams in each race (I suggested 16 of the now 19) to preserve the prestige for the race sponsors/organisers.

Sky's "prize" for winning last year's team classification would be the opportunity to avoid travelling to China (I suspect they have enough Aussie links to retain TDU in their programme) Katusha's reward for second place last year is being able to opt out of the TDU in 2013: oops, they already have...
"There's someone coming through the mist . . . it can't be . . . it is! .. Oh, sorry, my mistake. It isn't"
User avatar Armchair cyclist

18 Feb 2013 18:13

Breaking THEIR OWN RULES , seems to run deep in the UCIless pyche !

Here is the latest example :

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-confirms-19-worldtour-teams-for-2013

Now we have 19 Pro World Teams !

Wonder who is wearing custard at the next UCI ExecMeet ?
User avatar skippy

19 Feb 2013 11:43

RCS has limited grounds for claiming the impossibility of accommodating a 23rd 9 man team given that just two years ago they sought special permission to do precisely that.
"There's someone coming through the mist . . . it can't be . . . it is! .. Oh, sorry, my mistake. It isn't"
User avatar Armchair cyclist

19 Feb 2013 12:09

Armchair cyclist wrote:RCS has limited grounds for claiming the impossibility of accommodating a 23rd 9 man team given that just two years ago they sought special permission to do precisely that.

what a stupid comment. really, when do you think hotels etc have all been booked for the upcoming giro? :rolleyes: it's all been done, so no, they can't change all of this now. uci made a f'n mess, while 2 years ago rcs ASKED uci to allow 23 teams. completely different
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

Previous

Return to Professional road racing