Register

Eurosports guide to televised Cycling 2013

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Eurosports guide to televised Cycling 2013

17 Feb 2013 18:47

Here's Eurosport's tele schedule for cycling for this year i don't really know how accurate it is but thought i would share it here so you have a rough idea of what we may possibly beable to watch live.

Anyway thought i would share it with you lovely people.

http://2013tvguide.eurosport.com/m/index.html#/page/24
Peter Sagan:
"I under-evaluated him (Gerald Ciolek) a little bit. I was watching Cancellara, who was trying to break free, and maybe I did too much work," Sagan said. "Ciolek stayed in the wheels and he took my wheel to do the sprint and was able to beat me. I went too early in the sprint."

17/03/13 Milan - San Remo

Peter Sagan:
“We went away in a break on the Oude Kwaremont, but then Cancellara went for it on the Paterberg and I wasn’t able to follow him,”

31/03/13 Tour of Flanders
User avatar HiCadence

17 Feb 2013 18:57

Looks like most stuff is covered. G-W and the Swiss races the biggest ones missing, I think. I assume they are covering the worlds and just haven't got it down here. The key question for the classics as always is going to be how much coverage. Hopefully we get at least 2-3 hours for the monuments and it's not reduced to 25km due to motorbikes.
Cult Classics

17 Feb 2013 19:18

i'm still worried about all the asterix
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

17 Feb 2013 19:26

This was posted in the Eurosport commentary thread in January, though it was said that only British Eurosport covered the Swiss races last year and this is the international schedule.
argyllflyer

17 Feb 2013 20:27

Nice one. Thanks for posting.
User avatar ferryman

17 Feb 2013 23:47

Would be wonderful if they got the rights for pais vasco, and what's up with the RCS races?
I like cyclists dressed in orange.
User avatar hoerpi

18 Feb 2013 00:15

I still find it strange how British Eurosport don't show the tour of Britain. Do ITV have exclusive rights to it in the UK?
User avatar Pricey_sky

18 Feb 2013 00:42

Wait, so we do actually get to see live cycling this season?

It feels like we've been fed with nothing but pre-race highlights so far. I know we haven't hit any major races yet but at least we would have had a few dodgy live streams to rely on at this point last year.
DominicDecoco

18 Feb 2013 08:40

I dunno what the deal with with the asterix's it has one next to Volta ao Algarve and that was highlights unless that's what it means? But there is one next to Giro aswell.... Giro highlights only? Surely not....
Peter Sagan:
"I under-evaluated him (Gerald Ciolek) a little bit. I was watching Cancellara, who was trying to break free, and maybe I did too much work," Sagan said. "Ciolek stayed in the wheels and he took my wheel to do the sprint and was able to beat me. I went too early in the sprint."

Peter Sagan:
“We went away in a break on the Oude Kwaremont, but then Cancellara went for it on the Paterberg and I wasn’t able to follow him,”

User avatar HiCadence

18 Feb 2013 09:02

DominicDecoco wrote:Wait, so we do actually get to see live cycling this season?

It feels like we've been fed with nothing but pre-race highlights so far. I know we haven't hit any major races yet but at least we would have had a few dodgy live streams to rely on at this point last year.

Tour Down Under and Qatar were live, but yeah, I'm missing cycling already too.

This German site has a useful and imo reliable tv-guide as well.
"Aufzeichnung" means delayed/highlights.
User avatar spalco

18 Feb 2013 09:50

HiCadence wrote:I dunno what the deal with with the asterix's it has one next to Volta ao Algarve and that was highlights unless that's what it means? But there is one next to Giro aswell.... Giro highlights only? Surely not....

For the Giro i think that the reason is that the contract for tv production and italian distribution is still missing, due to some discussion about tv rights prices and hd production between RCS and RAI. But at the end they will surely find an agreement, so i think that we should not worry
Ivan Basso ha un altro passo!!! Ivan Basso ha un altro passo!!!
User avatar Peccio89

18 Feb 2013 10:36

Thanks Hi Cadence for posting that.

There won't be any Tour of Hangzhou, I think!

No Langkawi grrrrr, the most epic race outside Europe.
User avatar wirral

18 Feb 2013 10:46

wirral wrote:Thanks Hi Cadence for posting that.

There won't be any Tour of Hangzhou, I think!

No Langkawi grrrrr, the most epic race outside Europe.

Indeed Wirral that's why i'm viewing this as a 'What we could possibly have' instead of 'What we are getting this year' :P
Peter Sagan:

Peter Sagan:

User avatar HiCadence

18 Feb 2013 10:46

Peccio89 wrote:For the Giro i think that the reason is that the contract for tv production and italian distribution is still missing, due to some discussion about tv rights prices and hd production between RCS and RAI. But at the end they will surely find an agreement, so i think that we should not worry

Seems like the likely scenario :)
Peter Sagan:

Peter Sagan:

User avatar HiCadence

18 Feb 2013 14:51

Pricey_sky wrote:I still find it strange how British Eurosport don't show the tour of Britain. Do ITV have exclusive rights to it in the UK?

Correct, exclusive to ITV4 in UK. I'd far rather have listened to Harmon than blooming Porter last year!
argyllflyer

18 Feb 2013 14:54

HiCadence wrote:I dunno what the deal with with the asterix's it has one next to Volta ao Algarve and that was highlights unless that's what it means? But there is one next to Giro aswell.... Giro highlights only? Surely not....

This Eurosport TV guide was produced a while back (at least a month ago as it was discussed mid january in the Eurosport commentators thread when someone posted scans of it that also appeared on Twitter) and when it was made, there was no Algarve deal in place. All the Italian race coverage had also yet to be finalised.

Haut Var has been added in the time since, perhaps to replace the loss of Qatar.
argyllflyer

22 Feb 2013 07:17

Eurosport continue to add to their published schedule:

1. Langkawi highlights on every day
2. Highlights of Haut Var today
3. Kuurne - Brussels - Kuurne live this sunday
4. Le Samyn live next wednesday
argyllflyer

22 Feb 2013 21:13

argyllflyer wrote:Eurosport continue to add to their published schedule:

1. Langkawi highlights on every day
2. Highlights of Haut Var today
3. Kuurne - Brussels - Kuurne live this sunday
4. Le Samyn live next wednesday

Cheers! That's my Sunday sorted :)
postmanhat

22 Feb 2013 21:24

Langkawi not shown this morning.
myprotein.com code MP364739
asdfgh101

22 Feb 2013 22:37

asdfgh101 wrote:Langkawi not shown this morning.

Yeah I noticed that, arm wrestling instead... :confused:

Will see what gets recorded next time they say its on!
argyllflyer

Next

Return to Professional road racing