Log in:  

Register

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad 2013, 23 Feb, (198 km) 1.HC

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

23 Feb 2013 10:43

Finally :D

Go Boom, earn me some money today!
Ryo Hazuki wrote:contador is such a coward :o
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,874
Joined: 09 May 2010 08:08

23 Feb 2013 10:43

Who is going to be old school with me and call this race Het Volk instead of Het Nieuwsblad? :D
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,164
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

23 Feb 2013 10:46

auscyclefan94 wrote:Who is going to be old school with me and call this race Het Volk instead of Het Nieuwsblad? :D

Why not just call it the Omloop ;)

I don't see anyone calling the Tour Down Under the 'Santos'.
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

23 Feb 2013 10:51

Alexander Kolobnev‏@A_Kolobnev

RT @celiosi: Cycling in crisis?? Amazing crowd at freezing cold start of #ohn #letslooktothefuture #classics2013 pic.twitter.com/Rl6UfYpcXD





#irony
Waterloo Sunrise
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,597
Joined: 09 Sep 2009 20:21

23 Feb 2013 10:52

theyoungest wrote:Why not just call it the Omloop ;)

I don't see anyone calling the Tour Down Under the 'Santos'.


Yeah, but Santos sounds terrible! :D
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,164
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

23 Feb 2013 10:52

auscyclefan94 wrote:Yeah, but Santos sounds terrible! :D

Het Nieuwsblad sounds worse. Literally "The Newspaper".
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

23 Feb 2013 10:57

theyoungest wrote:Het Nieuwsblad sounds worse. Literally "The Newspaper".


Oh dear. I guess everything sounds more interesting when it is in a foreign language though. Het Volk is what I will call it!
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,164
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

23 Feb 2013 10:58

Bunch races at sustained speed to Lochristi, no way to escape apparently at this speed...
User avatar Lexman
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,568
Joined: 02 Jul 2011 20:34
Location: Oise (France)

23 Feb 2013 10:59

Attack by Schillinger (TNE)
User avatar Lexman
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,568
Joined: 02 Jul 2011 20:34
Location: Oise (France)

23 Feb 2013 11:00

auscyclefan94 wrote:Oh dear. I guess everything sounds more interesting when it is in a foreign language though. Het Volk is what I will call it!


I usually call it Het Volk as well out of habit. Het Volk means "The People" which, although not great, is better than The Newspaper at least :D
Ryo Hazuki wrote:contador is such a coward :o
User avatar Hugo Koblet
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,874
Joined: 09 May 2010 08:08

23 Feb 2013 11:05

Schillinger joined by
Sébastien Delfosse, Benjamin Le Montagner, Aleksejs Saramotins, Jérôme Cousin & Hugo Houle.

Bonus only 10 seconds
User avatar Lexman
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,568
Joined: 02 Jul 2011 20:34
Location: Oise (France)

23 Feb 2013 11:30

Het Volk :)

Pippo for me!!!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,107
Joined: 20 Mar 2010 15:20
Location: PA, USA

23 Feb 2013 11:31

auscyclefan94 wrote:Oh dear. I guess everything sounds more interesting when it is in a foreign language though. Het Volk is what I will call it!

Then, you may call it "Folk".
Doesn't sound glamorous either.
User avatar serfla
Junior Member
 
Posts: 728
Joined: 12 Nov 2012 13:54

23 Feb 2013 11:40

Does anyone know when the expected finish time is?
maltiv
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,257
Joined: 23 Oct 2009 20:25

23 Feb 2013 11:41

Attack by Clarke (ARG), Vachon (BSE), Fouchard & Sijmens (COF), Lemoine (SOJ), COusin (EUC) & Dempster (TNE). Gap is 25"

cousin is there . race over :D

very curious to see the clash between sky and omega.
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,286
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 18:00

23 Feb 2013 11:45

jens_attacks wrote:Attack by Clarke (ARG), Vachon (BSE), Fouchard & Sijmens (COF), Lemoine (SOJ), COusin (EUC) & Dempster (TNE). Gap is 25"

cousin is there . race over :D

very curious to see the clash between sky and omega.


think sky will really miss hayman today
Pharazon
Junior Member
 
Posts: 735
Joined: 14 Jul 2009 16:35

23 Feb 2013 11:47

jens_attacks wrote:very curious to see the clash between sky and omega.

BMC vs Omega, in my opinion.
But a Sky man at the end.
EBH.
User avatar serfla
Junior Member
 
Posts: 728
Joined: 12 Nov 2012 13:54

23 Feb 2013 12:02

first hour average speed 46km/hr. staying warm!
User avatar UncleTupelo
Junior Member
 
Posts: 36
Joined: 27 Oct 2012 13:11

23 Feb 2013 12:29

Dockx abandons (crash)
Pharazon
Junior Member
 
Posts: 735
Joined: 14 Jul 2009 16:35

23 Feb 2013 12:40

auscyclefan94 wrote:Who is going to be old school with me and call this race Het Volk instead of Het Nieuwsblad? :D


Right there with you.
User avatar jaylew
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,618
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 05:46
Location: ATX

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arredondo, Ataraxus, dubexcalibur, dusty red roads, F e r o x, Gigs_98, Google [Bot], Jalgratas95, metaCYCLE, nuvolablu, Pentacycle, ray j willings, Sasquatch, Stromeon, sulgpallur, valentius borealis, Volderke and 57 guests

Back to top