Log in:  

Register

Strade Bianche 2013, March 2nd, 188 kms 1.1

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

02 Mar 2013 11:58

theyoungest wrote:You're certainly the master of jumping to conclusions quickly... a bit frustrated maybe?

'Slagter is their only hope for the next months'. Have you forgotten about Mollema, to name just one?


Mollema, the eternal second? Look, during TDU I constantly played down Slagter's chances, and then he won, and last year's Eneco I never thought Boom would be able to ride like that. I'm just getting superstitious(although I'm not into such bull**** at all), I think I'd better not support Dutch riders again. 2011 TdF I thought Gesink would kick *** there, but from the first day on he was crashing already. It's sometimes better to expect nothing from the Dutch, makes it much better when they actually do perform.

And yeah, it's indeed very frustrating to root for Dutch riders.
User avatar Pentacycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,182
Joined: 28 May 2012 08:28
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands

02 Mar 2013 12:03

Pentacycle wrote:Mollema, the eternal second? Look, during TDU I constantly played down Slagter's chances, and then he won, and last year's Eneco I never thought Boom would be able to ride like that. I'm just getting superstitious(although I'm not into such bull**** at all), I think I'd better not support Dutch riders again. 2011 TdF I thought Gesink would kick *** there, but from the first day on he was crashing already. It's sometimes better to expect nothing from the Dutch, makes it much better when they actually do perform.

And yeah, it's indeed very frustrating to root for Dutch riders.


It's just that you shouldn't expect anything from the Dutch in the tour, ever.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,983
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

02 Mar 2013 12:07

Miburo wrote:It's just that you shouldn't expect anything from the Dutch in the tour, ever.

Boogerd and Thomas Dekker were pretty good, a few years ago :p
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

02 Mar 2013 12:08

any rai sport 2 stream available?
ridiculous that they stopped broadcasting on gazzetta...talking about expansion and bullshiit...here we are chasing streams for strade bianche too
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,519
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 18:00

02 Mar 2013 12:10

there is still Ski Alpin on Rai Sport 2 at the moment
User avatar search
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,762
Joined: 29 Aug 2009 10:43

02 Mar 2013 12:10

theyoungest wrote:Boogerd and Thomas Dekker were pretty good, a few years ago :p


With Thomas Dekker in 2006/2007 if he said he wanted to be good somewhere, he was good there, just like with Boogerd in all those years. Unfortunately now we know why their peaking was so spot on :o
BYOP88 wrote:Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,777
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 23:52
Location: Roermond, the Netherlands

02 Mar 2013 12:10

Rai Sport 2 broadcast is late. Ski is on right now.
User avatar SafeBet
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,004
Joined: 02 Sep 2011 13:38
Location: Milano, Italy

02 Mar 2013 12:10

Speaking of which, Thomas Dekker is in this race as well. Ofcourse I expect nothing but I hope he at least finishes the race well (not in last groups or abandon)
BYOP88 wrote:Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,777
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 23:52
Location: Roermond, the Netherlands

02 Mar 2013 12:13

search wrote:there is still Ski Alpin on Rai Sport 2 at the moment


you are lucky to watch it on tv or a secret web stream?

and yes francesco reda might deliver today
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,519
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 18:00

02 Mar 2013 12:14

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Speaking of which, Thomas Dekker is in this race as well. Ofcourse I expect nothing but I hope he at least finishes the race well (not in last groups or abandon)


That's the spirit. :D Although you're already hoping he finishes in a good group, which is fairly optimistic.
User avatar Pentacycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,182
Joined: 28 May 2012 08:28
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands

02 Mar 2013 12:16

Pentacycle wrote:That's the spirit. :D Although you're already hoping he finishes in a good group, which is fairly optimistic.

He finished in the front group in Amstel Gold last year, nothing is impossible. Maybe he'll be best Dutchman today (I don't know who else).
theyoungest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,239
Joined: 11 Jan 2010 14:47

02 Mar 2013 12:18

Rai Sport 2 is live right now.
User avatar SafeBet
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,004
Joined: 02 Sep 2011 13:38
Location: Milano, Italy

02 Mar 2013 12:20

theyoungest wrote:He finished in the front group in Amstel Gold last year, nothing is impossible. Maybe he'll be best Dutchman today (I don't know who else).


Image
User avatar Pentacycle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,182
Joined: 28 May 2012 08:28
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands

02 Mar 2013 12:20

jens_attacks wrote:you are lucky to watch it on tv or a secret web stream?


no secret web stream, the official one. But it's geo restricted, I'm using a paid VPN service to watch italian streams. Overplay SmrtDNS is working perfectly for RAI (and also BBC and so on) for ~5$ a month, but if you want to watch Sporza or french TV as well you need to take the 10$ a month version
User avatar search
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,762
Joined: 29 Aug 2009 10:43

02 Mar 2013 12:23

They just said they'll name a sterrato section "Cancellara" if he wins today :D
User avatar SafeBet
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,004
Joined: 02 Sep 2011 13:38
Location: Milano, Italy

02 Mar 2013 12:26

User avatar afpm90
Junior Member
 
Posts: 468
Joined: 10 Jul 2009 10:39

02 Mar 2013 12:35

SafeBet wrote:They just said they'll name a sterrato section "Cancellara" if he wins today :D


That would be awesome!:D
Btw my bet is Sagan
Alberto Contador fanboy
Proud Participant of a Thrilling Foxxy's GGTG 2014-15
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8,199
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

02 Mar 2013 12:36

The CN ticker says Dan Martin is riding but he doesn't seem to be in the startlists ?
User avatar Eyeballs Out
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,790
Joined: 19 Jun 2009 10:17
Location: Thames Valley

02 Mar 2013 12:41

Does this mean that no RCS races will have a free live stream this year?
inthedrops.net

blackcat wrote:you must respect the Cobra, a man who can give himself his own nickname. he trancends hubris.
User avatar luckyboy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,718
Joined: 26 May 2009 21:26

02 Mar 2013 12:47

man this stream is almost too good to be true. are they charging me?

alessandra running smoothly too, all good
let's see some real bike racing
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,519
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 18:00

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Carols, dubexcalibur, Eagle, Jspear, Leisureman, MatParker117, Miburo, Poursuivant, solveeid, Squirbos_19, Taxus4a, wansteadimp and 41 guests

Back to top