Register

Will Boonen Finds His Best Form For The RVV?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Poll ended at 14 Mar 2013 16:54

Yes.
32%
No.
14%
Too early, he'll only have it in Roubaix.
30%
He won't perform at all.
8%
He'll be already good at MSR, no problem.
16%

Total votes : 63

22 Feb 2013 16:53

Tomorrow might shows us something. Like he said nothing can go wrong now or it's over.

He has 5 more weeks left, to be exact 37 days. Can he do it? Or will it be everything for roubaix instead.

He might think that. For Boonen winning roubaix is way easier than RVV. Competition is limited there.

Should he btw ride AGR? With the finish there might be some possibilities but i doubt he can even podium. Still it's time he does it at least one time :D
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

22 Feb 2013 16:55

With the new course for RVV, Boonen will only be able to win if in complete top form. I think he has enough time to gain form and win Roubaix.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

22 Feb 2013 17:00

About AGR: He won't be anywhere near the front in the final, so of course he doesn't stand a chance.
User avatar Netserk

22 Feb 2013 17:08

I think his form will be fine by RVV, but I don't think he'll win. He'll have Sagan, Cance, and Pozzato among others to compete with there. His best chance for a classic win this season will lie in Roubaix.
Agree with Netserk on AGR.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

22 Feb 2013 17:11

Netserk wrote:About AGR: He won't be anywhere near the front in the final, so of course he doesn't stand a chance.

If they ride the final as in last year, then he might survive a while.

But yea of course he won't win but maybe if quick step needs WT points ;)

Besides there have been always some rumors that he was gonna ride it (08?) and this year is a good oppurtunity.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

22 Feb 2013 17:13

Miburo wrote:If they ride the final as in last year, then he might survive a while.

But yea of course he won't win but maybe if quick step needs WT points ;)

Besides there have been always some rumors that he was gonna ride it (08?) and this year is a good oppurtunity.

He will most likely get dropped long before Cauberg, and in the rare case that he isn't, he will be total dead and dropped the second that they hit Cauberg.

If QS need worldtour points (why would they?) they have other riders that are better on hills than Boonen.
User avatar Netserk

22 Feb 2013 17:21

i don think he can do it

+ i really think the new course suits Cancellara a lot (and not because he says so)
i predict a confident Cancellara W

i do hope he gets it together by P-R, and we'll see a good race there. i didnt like the previous 2 editions at all

tomorrow could answer a lot of questions though
woodenswan

22 Feb 2013 17:22

woodenswan wrote:i don think he can do it

+ i really think the new course suits Cancellara a lot
i predict a confident Cancellara W

i do hope he gets it together by P-R, and we'll see a good race there. i didnt like the previous 2 editions at all

tomorrow could answer a lot of questions though

I loved last year's :p
User avatar Netserk

22 Feb 2013 17:25

I do think he will be in good shape but he won't win Flanders or Roubaix. Cancellara will be very motivated after last year.

I think Cancellara will be unstoppable in Roubaix and Flanders could be something for Sagan.
belvedere86

22 Feb 2013 17:26

Netserk wrote:I loved last year's :p

i thought as much :D

i dunno.. it was all too easy
and the lack of cooperation behind frustrating
woodenswan

22 Feb 2013 18:56

san remo no problem
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

22 Feb 2013 19:16

Tom Boonen will feel sorry for his last year victory and have his *** handed over to him by Super Pippo in Ronde.

In PR Hushovd will pip Boonen in a sprint for the win.
User avatar the asian

22 Feb 2013 19:24

the asian wrote:Tom Boonen will feel sorry for his last year victory and have his *** handed over to him by Super Pippo in Ronde.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13995/Filippo-Pozzato-hoping-to-animate-Het-Nieuwsblad.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+velonation_pro_cycling+%28Cycling+News+%26+Race+Results+%7C+VeloNation.com%29
User avatar Zam_Olyas

22 Feb 2013 19:24

the asian wrote:Tom Boonen will feel sorry for his last year victory and have his *** handed over to him by Super Pippo in Ronde.

He will feel sorry he won the Ronde van Vlaanderen? Lol, yeah right.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

22 Feb 2013 19:27

He'll be on top form, not sure that he'll win de Ronde though. Looking forward to a hard-fought, complex Classics campaign! :)
Christophe

22 Feb 2013 19:29

He'll be good enough to win, but so will plenty of other guys. Cannot wait for the classics.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

22 Feb 2013 19:29

El Pistolero wrote:He will feel sorry he won the Ronde van Vlaanderen? Lol, yeah right.

He will feel sorry for beating Pippo last year;)
User avatar the asian

22 Feb 2013 19:36

the asian wrote:He will feel sorry for beating Pippo last year;)

I suppose he also felt sorry when he beat him at Roubaix in 2009? And while we're at it, I suppose Cancellara also feels sorry for beating him in San Remo 2008? ;)

Pozzato only ranks third at the classics he rides(MSR, RvV, P-R, G-W, E3 Harelbeke, Omloop het Nieuwsblad), far behind Cancellara and Boonen.

Plus now there's Sagan. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpMzzozIb4Y

With a career like that, I doubt he feels sorry about it. :cool:
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

22 Feb 2013 19:40

Boonen will get fit for P-R but i doubt he will win it against a super motivated Cancellara...
User avatar Lexman

22 Feb 2013 19:43

Let's hope he does, so no excuses can be made when he gets his ass kicked by Sagan or Spartacus ;)
User avatar Flamin

Next

Return to Professional road racing