Register

Will Boonen Finds His Best Form For The RVV?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Will Boonen Finds His Best Form For The RVV?

Poll ended at 14 Mar 2013 16:54

Yes.
32%
No.
14%
Too early, he'll only have it in Roubaix.
30%
He won't perform at all.
8%
He'll be already good at MSR, no problem.
16%

Total votes : 63

23 Feb 2013 00:22

it's already his year. there won't be any competition - Pippo's gonna rock this 2013

" wrote:"It's magnificent to end it like this," he said. "All the big champions like (Laurent) Jalabert and (Richard) Virenque went out on top and I wanted to do the same."?
User avatar Pippo_San

23 Feb 2013 00:28

Lexman wrote:Boonen will get fit for P-R but i doubt he will win it against a super motivated Cancellara...

What kind of form is Cancellara in though? Has he shown anything recently? He may be playing his cards close to his chest but I would be slightly concerned. That and various issues off the road cannot have helped.
User avatar Don't be late Pedro

23 Feb 2013 00:58

Don't be late Pedro wrote:What kind of form is Cancellara in though? Has he shown anything recently? He may be playing his cards close to his chest but I would be slightly concerned. That and various issues off the road cannot have helped.

Cancellara could be in sub-par form or he could be right on course. He didn't show much in Qatar or Oman like he usually would when on course to a peak. Of course there wasn't any wind in Qatar, so he wasn't really able to do much. And in Oman the competition was much stronger then it has been in the past. So it's understandable that he wouldn't do much in these races.

The advantage Cance has on Boonen is he didn't have a injury to delay his training. We'll have to wait until Strade Bianche to see where his form is at.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

23 Feb 2013 01:04

Afrank wrote:The advantage Cance has on Boonen is he didn't have a injury to delay his training. We'll have to wait until Strade Bianche to see where his form is at.

I guess it is hard to really judge until we see him in full competition mode.

Looking forward to RVV. If all the contenders turn up could be really good racing.

Also, be interesting to see how Sagan has improved since last year. He looked strong until the final climb iirc when perhaps he was too aggressive.
User avatar Don't be late Pedro

23 Feb 2013 04:19

The one worry id have for cancellara is this luigi nonsense. If its all ok on that front then he'll be fine.

If not, im joining the other voices backing pippo as the man to beat for the Giro delle Fiandre
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

23 Feb 2013 06:51

I think he will have his best form for RVV but he will not win.

I expect him to attack at least once in Omloop.
I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

Quote:VAE
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon..."
User avatar greenedge

23 Feb 2013 10:02

Boonen will be ready for MSR, but QS's setup will make it difficult to show it.
Dazed and Confused

23 Feb 2013 10:19

Dazed and Confused wrote:Boonen will be ready for MSR, but QS's setup will make it difficult to show it.

Cavendish, you mean? I don't think Cavendish will survive. He already failed many times since '09.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

23 Feb 2013 10:26

Miburo wrote:Cavendish, you mean? I don't think Cavendish will survive. He already failed many times since '09.

Headwind and better "form" is all it takes. I wouldn't write Cav off just yet.
"The likelihood of cheats succeeding in the London Olympics is somewhat remote." - David Howman, WADA Director General
18-Valve. (pithy)

23 Feb 2013 10:51

18-Valve. (pithy) wrote:Headwind and better "form" is all it takes. I wouldn't write Cav off just yet.

yep, I think Cav has a shot at it this year. The Holm/Aldag setup will give him another chance. Not a favorite (if thats even possible to have in MSR) of course.
Dazed and Confused

23 Feb 2013 11:21

Dazed and Confused wrote:yep, I think Cav has a shot at it this year. The Holm/Aldag setup will give him another chance. Not a favorite (if thats even possible to have in MSR) of course.

I think Astana will do everything they can to drop the sprinters on la mania (not sure if that's the correct name)
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

24 Feb 2013 23:01

After what we've seen in Omloop, I think he's going to be ready for spring cobbles. Not already for M-SR, but for the cobbles certainly.
But I don't think De Ronde will take a big pre-race favorite like Boonen, Cancellara or Sagan. Someone from the second echelon will take the glory, I'd say.
In Paris - Roubaix should be different, though.
User avatar serfla

24 Feb 2013 23:10

Too much disruption to his pre and early season. He may get close but, no, he won't find his best form for RvV.
LugHugger

26 Feb 2013 15:01

No, I don't see him showing in either RVV or MSR. He may be in OK form, but top form will be for Roubaix.
User avatar Swabian Lass

Previous

Return to Professional road racing