Register

World tour likely to die in 2015

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

26 Feb 2013 23:47

hiero2 wrote:In English please? My friend, have you ever heard the term, LMGTFY? Hehehe, the original is in Espanol, and I felt it might be appropriate to exercise our mouse fingers to navigate on over to the translator.

Oh - and since when does ASO = UCI ????

But anyway - this is speculation. Media dramatics, apparently basing it on the current World Tour or Series or whatever the UCI is currently calling it, having no plans or authorization beyond 2014. Towards the end, they talk about ASO and RCS being strong enough to get together and start their own cycling league. Which, at this point in time, I would welcome.

yeah I meant aso of course. Guess it was clear anyway.
I don't get the rest of your post nor the acronym.
User avatar SafeBet

27 Feb 2013 01:10

Apart from the weird **** races in beijing etc I really don't think there is much wrong with the world tour.
BYOP88 wrote:Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi

27 Feb 2013 07:31

SafeBet wrote:yeah I meant aso of course. Guess it was clear anyway.
I don't get the rest of your post nor the acronym.

let me google that for you

iow we shouldn't moan about a post written in Spanish but just use google (translate) seems weird coming from a mod :confused:
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

27 Feb 2013 11:19

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Apart from the weird **** races in beijing etc I really don't think there is much wrong with the world tour.

this, except that wt should only be 12-15 teams, no more. then it's perfect
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

27 Feb 2013 11:55

Ryo Hazuki wrote:this, except that wt should only be 12-15 teams, no more. then it's perfect

I agree with you on that. I seem to remember that the first 7 teams on the world cup ranking had the right to participate on the biggest races, that imo was a good system cause the ranking could change throughout the season and teams were racing hard to stay in the top seven and also gave race organizers more choice on the teams to invite. I wouldn't mind a world tour with only 15 teams.
User avatar lukinox

Previous

Return to Professional road racing