Register

Richie Porte Discussion Thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

In which year will Porte win the GT Treble?

16%
15%
15%
15%
All of the above
20%
He will only manage the double
19%

Total votes : 1278

Re: Richie Porte Discussion Thread.

28 Mar 2019 15:23

perico wrote:Richie is really rocketing up the standings in the mtns this week.

So fast he can't even enjoy the Catalan landscape properly.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

Re: Richie Porte Discussion Thread.

29 Mar 2019 00:09

Rollthedice wrote:
perico wrote:Richie is really rocketing up the standings in the mtns this week.

So fast he can't even enjoy the Catalan landscape properly.

Looks like training mode.
movingtarget
Veteran

18 May 2019 01:36

With Porte in good rather than great form for a change at this stage of the season (and under raced), I am actually starting to get a little bit excited for July. Ten seconds behind on Mount Baldy is a big tick for me.
User avatar gregrowlerson

Re:

18 May 2019 01:49

gregrowlerson wrote:With Porte in good rather than great form for a change at this stage of the season (and under raced), I am actually starting to get a little bit excited for July. Ten seconds behind on Mount Baldy is a big tick for me.

As you have seen, not much has changed as he was very unlucky once again ... :cool:

Poor guy, I was actually hoping that he will win California so we can build up the TdF hype once again.
User avatar Jancouver

Re: Re:

18 May 2019 02:06

Jancouver wrote:
gregrowlerson wrote:With Porte in good rather than great form for a change at this stage of the season (and under raced), I am actually starting to get a little bit excited for July. Ten seconds behind on Mount Baldy is a big tick for me.

As you have seen, not much has changed as he was very unlucky once again ... :cool:

Poor guy, I was actually hoping that he will win California so we can build up the TdF hype once again.

Why haven't you been banned from posting in this thread? :D

Haha, I think that he won't have great hype this year, providing that he doesn't go and do something stupid like win the Dauphne. Just sneak into the top ten there (or in Swiss), with a strong performance on one MTF. Then it will all be about Froome, Thomas, Bernal, Dumoulin, Quintana, the Lotto rider whose name is hard to spell, and Yates. Even Fuglsang and a couple of French riders might have higher expectations! Then Richie can ninja his way onto the Tour podium...
User avatar gregrowlerson

18 May 2019 05:22

gregrowlerson wrote:
Jancouver wrote:

Why haven't you been banned from posting in this thread? :D

Haha, I think that he won't have great hype this year, providing that he doesn't go and do something stupid like win the Dauphne. Just sneak into the top ten there (or in Swiss), with a strong performance on one MTF. Then it will all be about Froome, Thomas, Bernal, Dumoulin, Quintana, the Lotto rider whose name is hard to spell, and Yates. Even Fuglsang and a couple of French riders might have higher expectations! Then Richie can ninja his way onto the Tour podium...

The slower build up won't hurt him but of course it wasn't meant to happen that way. Illness and missed racing caused that. I'm neutral about Port'e chances at the Tour but a top five would be a good result. Anything better would be a bonus and a surprise. I don't see Quintana as a threat, I think that ship has sailed. Dumoulin, Froome, Thomas and maybe Bardet and Yates should be up there. Don't see Pinot as a real threat and Fuglsang even though in great form has never convinced over three weeks. Uran could do something if he finds his best form. Maybe top five. Mas is still a bit of an unknown quantity re the Tour. Don't see any of the Giro riders backing up and making the podium.
movingtarget
Veteran

18 May 2019 09:29

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-of-california-richie-porte-suffers-ill-timed-mechanical-on-mt-baldy/
A dropped chain hampered Trek-Segafredo leader Richie Porte's efforts to be among the select climbers racing for the stage 6 victory at the Tour of California in the last kilometre of the summit finish on Mt. Baldy on Friday.

The curse of the illegal gel continues ...
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

Don't mention Khashoggi! It’s a collusion witch hoax!
User avatar Robert5091

Re:

18 May 2019 20:35

Robert5091 wrote:http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-of-california-richie-porte-suffers-ill-timed-mechanical-on-mt-baldy/
A dropped chain hampered Trek-Segafredo leader Richie Porte's efforts to be among the select climbers racing for the stage 6 victory at the Tour of California in the last kilometre of the summit finish on Mt. Baldy on Friday.

The curse of the illegal gel continues ...

A dropped chain -> Illegal gel? Please explain?
Cookster15

19 May 2019 14:33

Jancouver wrote:

No more hype from me this time.A place in the top 5 would be amazing but not likely considering his proverbial luck.
User avatar DBotero

19 May 2019 15:12

I dont have high hopes for Richie either. I was pretty up on him 16-18, but this year seems kinda doomed. I just dont see him on that incredibly high level anymore.
"Es el mejor con y sin" - someone very bright on Valverde.
Purito, Valv and Conta <3
User avatar Valv.Piti
Veteran

Previous

Return to Professional road racing