Register

Transfers and Rumours 2013 > 2014

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Transfers and Rumours 2013 > 2014

19 Apr 2013 10:02

New thread for this year
User avatar Parrulo

19 Apr 2013 11:39

I think there will be some important transfers this year, regarding:

the riders of RadioShack
Henao and Uran
a lead-out man for Cav
Sagan
Saxo Bank (they need some serious reinforcements)
User avatar Swarley

19 Apr 2013 11:42

Swarley wrote:I think there will be some important transfers this year, regarding:

the riders of RadioShack - yup
Henao and Uran - Yup (atleast 1 of them)
a lead-out man for Cav - Perhaps
Sagan - He got his own team already
Saxo Bank (they need some serious reinforcements) - Their team is strong on paper, just that AC has underperformed

[color="White"]............[/color]
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
User avatar Vino attacks everyone

19 Apr 2013 11:51

Vino attacks everyone wrote:[color="White"]............[/color]

Maybe Sagan wants more money and a stronger team. As for Saxo, except Contador, I don't see who can bring victories regularly.
User avatar Swarley

19 Apr 2013 11:56

Swarley wrote:Maybe Sagan wants more money and a stronger team. As for Saxo, except Contador, I don't see who can bring victories regularly.

Depends on what you mean as regulary.
Kreuziger is a top 5 guy in week long stage races and classics.
Bennati will prbably win a couple of lesser races this year.
Got people like Morkov to go into the breakaways and perhaps take a victory in a gt.
Breschel (:D) is perhaps a guy to win a race once in a while.

Not that many teams got guys that can win races while at the same time got a big number one like AC.
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
User avatar Vino attacks everyone

19 Apr 2013 12:25

If Saxo is looking to sign anyone for next season, I'm betting they will be putting all (or most) of their money into getting a Swiss guy.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

19 Apr 2013 12:27

Afrank wrote:If Saxo is looking to sign anyone for next season, I'm betting they will be putting all (or most) of their money into getting a Swiss guy.

Elmiger?:D
User avatar Swarley

19 Apr 2013 12:28

I think Schar has a contract next season.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

25 Apr 2013 13:21

Daan Olivier (Rabo development team) to Argos Shimano in 2014
User avatar Ruudz0r

25 Apr 2013 13:46

Ruudz0r wrote:Daan Olivier (Rabo development team) to Argos Shimano in 2014

That's a big 'coup' for Argos. Another sign of Blanco's imminent demise.
theyoungest

25 Apr 2013 13:53

theyoungest wrote:That's a big 'coup' for Argos. Another sign of Blanco's imminent demise.

They were too hesitant with that guy at Rabo, he could've been pro this year already, he showed much potential. But I wonder if he knows that he's practically signed for a PCT team, while he belongs in the WT.
User avatar Pentacycle

25 Apr 2013 13:57

Pentacycle wrote:They were too hesitant with that guy at Rabo, he could've been pro this year already, he showed much potential. But I wonder if he knows that he's practically signed for a PCT team, while he belongs in the WT.

Yes, he should have been pro already. Although he's quite inexperienced, he started cycling just a few years ago.

Anyway, I'm not so sure Argos will disappear from the WT, with all the teams folding.
theyoungest

25 Apr 2013 14:05

theyoungest wrote:Yes, he should have been pro already. Although he's quite inexperienced, he started cycling just a few years ago.

Anyway, I'm not so sure Argos will disappear from the WT, with all the teams folding.

That's true, Argos can always get some good Africa/Asia Tour riders to bring the points. But what I didn't get was what could Olivier still learn in the U23, he handled himself perfectly in the Ain. He also seems like a rider who's much better at the pros than in espoir races, from that result. In l'Avenir the 40 km stage was his worst result, indicating he has great endurance.
User avatar Pentacycle

25 Apr 2013 14:11

Pentacycle wrote:That's true, Argos can always get some good Africa/Asia Tour riders to bring the points. But what I didn't get was what could Olivier still learn in the U23, he handled himself perfectly in the Ain. He also seems like a rider who's much better at the pros than in espoir races, from that result. In l'Avenir the 40 km stage was his worst result, indicating he has great endurance.

Yeah, although maybe his knee trouble at the time also wasn't ideal in such a high intensity stage.

Indeed he did great in l'Ain, definitely worthy of a pro contract (and much better than Warren Barguil, for instance).
theyoungest

25 Apr 2013 14:18

Good for Argos to buy some climbing talent, and good for him, he can ride for his own chances in every race that suits him.
User avatar classicomano

25 Apr 2013 14:31

theyoungest wrote:Yes, he should have been pro already. Although he's quite inexperienced, he started cycling just a few years ago.

what teams are folding? blanco and?

also argos is the worst choic,e probably only team even worse than rabo at training talents
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

25 Apr 2013 14:32

Ryo Hazuki wrote:what teams are folding? blanco and?

also argos is the worst choic,e probably only team even worse than rabo at training talents

Probably Radioshack. Vacansolei maybe as well.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

25 Apr 2013 14:43

Ryo Hazuki wrote:what teams are folding? blanco and?

BMC? Oh wait, they only sign non-talents like Roe, Eijssen, Butler, Barton, Warbasse, Lander, Blythe.

I wouldn't mind if all Dutch teams folded, or went back to PCT. That way they don't ambarrass themselves all the time. Real Dutch talents should be able find their teams abroad.
User avatar Pentacycle

25 Apr 2013 14:48

me neither. although I want blanco to saty because we will never have a bigger team of failure in cycling again. vacansoleil I like to continue like unibet. pure international team.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

25 Apr 2013 15:48

Pentacycle wrote:BMC? Oh wait, they only sign non-talents like Roe, Eijssen, Butler, Barton, Warbasse, Lander, Blythe.

I wouldn't mind if all Dutch teams folded, or went back to PCT. That way they don't ambarrass themselves all the time. Real Dutch talents should be able find their teams abroad.

You mean you wouldn't mind the teams folding, because it saves you from feeling embarassed. Which would suggest that actually you do care ;)
theyoungest

Next

Return to Professional road racing