Register

Vuelta 2014 route rumours

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

14 Jan 2014 00:26

hfer07 wrote:bear in mind Unipublic is associated with ASO, which in its own world a Horse cat is a 7K climb at 7.5% to begin with. If the climbs where under RCS, they would certainly be a mere 3rd cat at best...

Nothing can top Zomegnan's madness when he had 5km @9% as a non-categorized climb. Oh the good old days of the Giro
"I was excited to pass Rui Costa in front of me. I never thought that would be possible in my life."
Tour de France almost-winner, Andy Schleck acknowledges Rui Costa's awesomeness.

"58x11. I do not often use it, but when you need it, it is always there."
Why the hell would you need that Tony?
User avatar trevim

15 Jan 2014 18:04

jens_attacks wrote:full presentation

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/ciclismo/ciclismo-presentacion-vuelta-espana-2014/2301168/

sastre with a puffy face included

Why wasn't Horner there.

Defending Champ should always be at the presentation.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

23 Jun 2014 12:27

Just 5 days after King Juan Carlos abdicated the throne, la Vuelta announces that stage 3 will depart from the Navy airplane carrier Juan Carlos I which will be moored at the harbour in Cadiz.

http://www.elmundo.es/deportes/2014/06/23/53a80e22ca4741c3308b4586.html

They claim it's the first time a bike race departs from a ship. It looks that the take-off ramp isn't hard enough for a stage finish the day before. :D
icefire

Previous

Return to Professional road racing