Register

World Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

23 Feb 2017 21:13

take it easy on the stooges!
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

Re:

23 Feb 2017 22:28

Semper Fidelis wrote:take it easy on the stooges!

Larry, Mo and Curly could be pretty vicious sometimes..................
movingtarget
Veteran

Re: Re:

24 Feb 2017 01:04

djpbaltimore wrote:
blutto wrote:
.....the full quote.....

....so you are supporting ISIS in this conflict ?.....no big surprise.....after all you are a big fan of one of their big supporters...hope you sleep well tonight....

Cheers

....and which was followed by this post....

....here is a news flash for you, this is a war and wars are a damn messy business ....and this particular war was a politically motivated action that was aided and abetted by your fellow travellers....they were instrumental in making a total mess of Syria before Aleppo using foreign mercenary jihadists and supplying them with weapons....these proxies, the ISIS monsters, burned unbelievers alive, blew priceless antiquities to bits, and partook of human flesh and now when your side is about to potentially lose the Middle East you start parroting the teary headlines as presented by most compliant Western MSM outlets....

....frankly you are a bit late to the shedding of tears bit....this disaster has been going on about 5 years now and where has your anguish been during that time.....nowhere, and until you heard the dog whistles, and started salivating, and blathering the party line....

...so if you are now so so so concerned, so how do you feel about the latest Pentagon plan to extend this conflict thru stealthy means. you know to make the Russians pay "the price" ( though oddly enough the Pentagon didn't include in their calculus the price the Syrians will have to pay as the Pentagon strives for some tactical or political advantage against Russia...yeah against Russia and the natives become just collateral damage until they are needed to produce good headlines....)....

Cheers

....which btw makes for very good reading back-to-back with the great tweet BM just referred to above ( nice find BM )....and btw the article you referenced described bombing but did not specify who or what was producing the damage ( and I should remind you there were several nations doing their air thang in Syria at that time as well as ISIS batteries doing everything they could to generate headlines for their dear friends in the west ( you know the ones you were so feverishly supporting )....as an example the Merikans for no apparent reason wiped out a key Syrian position about that time to allow ISIS an advantage....false flag? honest mistake ? collateral damage ?... )...

Cheers

You obviously did not read the article then. Here is the last sentence from the Doctors without Borders post.

"Russia and Syria must stop this carnage now."

Also note the headline...

http://www.msf.org/en/article/syria-hospitals-hit-repeatedly-russian-and-syrian-airstrikes-condemning-hundreds-wounded

Insinuating that I am in league with ISIS because I voted for Clinton makes that passage sound even more ridiculous IMO. Thank you for including it.

....oddly enough there was another report from MSF mentioned on the page you quoted....this article is also a bit confusing actually names some names.....

Amman - Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) demands that the Syrian and allied governments stop the bombing that is causing a bloodbath among civilians in the city

....and....

“Russia and the other members of the UNSC must respect the resolution on the protection of medical facilities and put an end to the total disregard for humanity that is being displayed in Aleppo today,”

....it specifically points a direct finger at Syrian led forces...Russia is mentioned as someone having influence with and should be doing more to control the Syrians....

....the meta-message from the report seems to be that there is a lot of blame to go around in this mess and over-riding thingee here its a battle in an urbane environment, the ultimate SNAFU.....like this ain't no disco this ain't no foolin around....

.....the bottom line is this didn't just happen, a lot of money was moved around, a lot of weapons were moved around, prison breaks were "arranged" to provide leadership, truck convoys across deserts were left unseen.....and the tweet BM brought to our attention shows the planning for this disaster goes back a long long way, and lots of effort was made to shepherd this plan along...

....so when the food shortage crisis hit Syria the powers that be could have stepped in to help.....but no they had been working on something else....something that involved destroying a country, killing lots of people, and causing untold misery to the "lucky" survivors and providing passage for a gas pipeline.....and all that to produce the political and economic advantage that comes from moving a pawn on the chessboard we call the world....

....so yeah you can argue about who is dropping the bombs today or yesterday or the day before that but ultimately its the Killbilly universe that deserves the blame....and you are a "useful", errrr, "big fan" in this drama....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

24 Feb 2017 12:44

[quote="

....so yeah you can argue about who is dropping the bombs today or yesterday or the day before that but ultimately its the Killbilly universe that deserves the blame....and you are a "useful", errrr, "big fan" in this drama....

Cheers[/quote]

Wrong again..Dubya universe.GW2. It was in all the papers.
User avatar Bustedknuckle

24 Feb 2017 13:54

Bustedknuckle wrote:[quote="

Cheers

Wrong again..Dubya universe.GW2. It was in all the papers.

....yeah, and we all know how utterly reliable and bias free the papers can be in all things all the time....and yeah you are hanging onto an interesting and important piece of flotsam but the disaster that birthed that flotsam was huge and is still ongoing and has produced and is producing more mountains of flotsam....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

24 Feb 2017 14:19

blutto wrote:
Amman - Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) demands that the Syrian and allied governments stop the bombing that is causing a bloodbath among civilians in the city

....and....

“Russia and the other members of the UNSC must respect the resolution on the protection of medical facilities and put an end to the total disregard for humanity that is being displayed in Aleppo today,”

....it specifically points a direct finger at Syrian led forces...Russia is mentioned as someone having influence with and should be doing more to control the Syrians....

....the meta-message from the report seems to be that there is a lot of blame to go around in this mess and over-riding thingee here its a battle in an urbane environment, the ultimate SNAFU.....like this ain't no disco this ain't no foolin around....

.....the bottom line is this didn't just happen, a lot of money was moved around, a lot of weapons were moved around, prison breaks were "arranged" to provide leadership, truck convoys across deserts were left unseen.....and the tweet BM brought to our attention shows the planning for this disaster goes back a long long way, and lots of effort was made to shepherd this plan along...

....so when the food shortage crisis hit Syria the powers that be could have stepped in to help.....but no they had been working on something else....something that involved destroying a country, killing lots of people, and causing untold misery to the "lucky" survivors and providing passage for a gas pipeline.....and all that to produce the political and economic advantage that comes from moving a pawn on the chessboard we call the world....

Cheers
1) Ya think??? This is the type of cutting edge analysis that I read the forum for. IMO, your stance on the degree of American responsibility with Saudi Arabia/ Yemen and the degree of Russian responsibility with Syria are hypocritical. Russia has to own every casualty in Syria, even if it was just their allies that pulled the trigger. Of course, if you ask Russia, they still haven't killed a single civilian in Syria, so it hard to expect much accountability on that front. See no evil, hear no evil....

2) If Russia was so concerned with the food shortage, maybe they shouldn't have bombed the UN humanitarian convoy. Hard to argue fog of war with that one, but I am sure that someone will dutifully try to do so.

3) The campaign to pin personal responsibility on me for civilian deaths is beyond the pale. It only cheapens the dialogue and I know that you are better than that.
Donald Trump: "We are getting near that beautiful Christmas season that people don't talk about anymore."
djpbaltimore

24 Feb 2017 15:03

djpbaltimore wrote:

3) The campaign to pin personal responsibility on me for civilian deaths is beyond the pale. It only cheapens the dialogue and I know that you are better than that.

...i did not bother to quote the 1), 2) nonesense b/c as so often it is based on hatred. it appears now an obsessive, irrational hatred. yes, you deserve your own tag, b/c you started to use it on those who dont buy your extremely ideological view of american misdeeds.

that's why i listed the other day a half a dozen american posters far more reflective and thoughtful. .far from being the kremlin supporters...no wonder you constantly find yourself either ridiculed, or made a fun of, or rejected by them.

but your 3) above is an example of a hyperbolic, sickly imaginative misreading probably caused by some clinical phobia each time someone mentioned him.

easy to verify. blutto wrote:
...Killbilly universe that deserves the blame....and you are a "useful", errrr, "big fan" in this drama....

you wrote:
The campaign to pin personal responsibility on me for civilian deaths is beyond the pale.

once again, where did blutto pin personal responsibility for civilian deaths on you ?
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

24 Feb 2017 15:24

python wrote:
djpbaltimore wrote:

...i did not bother to quote the 1), 2) nonesense b/c as so often it is based on hatred. it appears now an obsessive, irrational hatred. yes, you deserve your own tag, b/c you started to use it on those who dont buy your extremely ideological view of american misdeeds.

that's why i listed the other day a half a dozen american posters far more reflective and thoughtful. .far from being the kremlin supporters...no wonder you constantly find yourself either ridiculed, or made a fun of, or rejected by them.

but your 3) above is an example of a hyperbolic, sickly imaginative misreading probably caused by some clinical phobia each time someone mentioned him.

...Killbilly universe that deserves the blame....and you are a "useful", errrr, "big fan" in this drama....

you wrote:
The campaign to pin personal responsibility on me for civilian deaths is beyond the pale.

once again, where did blutto pin personal responsibility for civilian deaths on you ?
1) Is it possible that you attribute so much to hatred, because you have hatred in your own heart? The only thing that I hate is wars and the atrocities committed the US, Russia, (fill in name of country), while waging those wars.

2) Forgive me if I don't get too wound up about a psychological profile proposed by someone who thinks that John McCain should be institutionalized in a mental hospital.

3) You do know what term blutto was going to use after 'useful', right? You know what that would imply, right? We are playing chess here, not checkers. It is a little more obvious below.

....so you are supporting ISIS in this conflict ?.....no big surprise.....after all you are a big fan of one of their big supporters...hope you sleep well tonight....
Again, the implications are pretty clear. Much more evident than the hatred that you can allegedly detect in my posts! :lol:
Donald Trump: "We are getting near that beautiful Christmas season that people don't talk about anymore."
djpbaltimore

24 Feb 2017 15:35

djpbaltimore wrote:
blutto wrote:

....and....

Cheers
1) Ya think??? This is the type of cutting edge analysis that I read the forum for. IMO, your stance on the degree of American responsibility with Saudi Arabia/ Yemen and the degree of Russian responsibility with Syria are hypocritical. Russia has to own every casualty in Syria, even if it was just their allies that pulled the trigger. Of course, if you ask Russia, they still haven't killed a single civilian in Syria, so it hard to expect much accountability on that front. See no evil, hear no evil....

2) If Russia was so concerned with the food shortage, maybe they shouldn't have bombed the UN humanitarian convoy. Hard to argue fog of war with that one, but I am sure that someone will dutifully try to do so.

....to point #2.....was referring to the food shortages in 2011/12....you know the ones which contributed to the start of this crisis.....

....to point #3....first off thanks for the complement ....now back to the business at hand....tying you to that sorta kinda admittedly over the top, think rhetorical here, but the fact remains that by backing the wrong horse you are contributing to something truly awful....like do I think you get up in the morning thinking I just have something awful today....hell no....but on the other hand you are wasting a great deal of energy defending something that is ultimately awful and indefensible....that energy, especially in this political atmosphere defined by choosing btwn two evils, could be put to much better use, like working to some alternative ( the field has never been more fertile for such a development )....

...so yeah," I know that you are better than that" too....so starting fcuking acting like you are ( and I mean that in the good sense....and this time not in the William B Williams way....)....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

24 Feb 2017 15:37

djpbaltimore wrote:
python wrote:
djpbaltimore wrote:

you wrote:

1) Is it possible that you attribute so much to hatred, because you have hatred in your own heart? The only thing that I hate is wars and the atrocities committed the US, Russia, (fill in name of country), while waging those wars.

2) Forgive me if I don't get too wound up about a psychological profile proposed by someone who thinks that John McCain should be institutionalized in a mental hospital.

3) You do know what term blutto was going to use after 'useful', right? You know what that would imply, right? We are playing chess here, not checkers. It is a little more obvious below.

Again, the implications are pretty clear. Much more evident than the hatred that you can allegedly detect in my posts! :lol:

.....ahhhh, come on, the guy is a dangerous loon.....he should have been locked up years ago....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

24 Feb 2017 15:55

djpbaltimore wrote:2) If Russia was so concerned with the food shortage, maybe they shouldn't have bombed the UN humanitarian convoy. Hard to argue fog of war with that one, but I am sure that someone will dutifully try to do so.

You've got to be more careful with how you digest the "news". A lot of it is propaganda these days and gets repeated so often that it takes place of evidence and facts. Entering the mainstream consciousness it gets accepted as fact, especially because it fits the overall narrative. In this case Russia = bad.

Did Russia bomb that UN convoy?

"The air forces of Russia and Syria did not conduct any strikes against the UN aid convoy in the southwestern outskirts of Aleppo..."

"...the White Helmets that operates in rebel-held areas, posted images of several vehicles on fire"

"...the video recordings of the so-called activists from the scene and found no signs that any munitions hit the convoy..."

"Everything shown on the video is the direct consequence of the cargo catching fire, and this began in a strange way simultaneously with militants carrying out a massive offensive in Aleppo"

"The Americans are firmly blaming the Russians..."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/09/suspends-syria-aid-convoy-bombed-160920080213025.html

So who are you going to believe? The White Helmets and their shonky video, or the Russians? I know. You've been told repeatedly how bad the Russians are, so you'll probably stick with the White Helmets. http://www.globalresearch.ca/syrias-white-helmets-extensive-and-elaborate-deceptions-of-modern-war-propaganda/5558368

John Swanson
ScienceIsCool

24 Feb 2017 16:07

blutto wrote:
....to point #2.....was referring to the food shortages in 2011/12....you know the ones which contributed to the start of this crisis.....

....to point #3....first off thanks for the complement ....now back to the business at hand....tying you to that sorta kinda admittedly over the top, think rhetorical here, but the fact remains that by backing the wrong horse you are contributing to something truly awful....like do I think you get up in the morning thinking I just have something awful today....hell no....but on the other hand you are wasting a great deal of energy defending something that is ultimately awful and indefensible....that energy, especially in this political atmosphere defined by choosing btwn two evils, could be put to much better use, like working to some alternative ( the field has never been more fertile for such a development )....

...so yeah," I know that you are better than that" too....so starting fcuking acting like you are ( and I mean that in the good sense....and this time not in the William B Williams way....)....

Cheers
1) You're welcome, despite our differences of opinion, I meant it.
2) I'll try my best, sir!

John McCain should've been voted out of power years ago, but I have to say that there are many worse within congress (from both parties).

@SiC. As soon as the Russian diplomat suggested that the convoy had spontaneously combusted... well I thought that was telling. I also have trouble accepting their official version more than the white helmets' version because of their continuing refusal to take accountability for any civilian casualties. Maybe they have their reasons as they may think that any admission will be used as the rope to hang them with. But in this instance, I think the official MSN version is the most persuasive version of events. Ymmv.....
djpbaltimore

24 Feb 2017 16:14

We were told that this is a truck in the convoy that was "bombed".

This is what a hellfire missile does to a car.

John Swanson

Edit: I didn't state it explicitly so I'll add this addendum. A hellfire missile has a tiny 9 kg warhead. It would be pretty funny if Russia's airforce was using 20 pound bombs. The two SU-24 aircraft that the US says did the bombing is capable of using only one type of air to ground missile. The KH-29, which has a 320 kg warhead.

Do you see a crater? Because I don't see a crater.
ScienceIsCool

24 Feb 2017 17:12

djpbaltimore wrote:[
@SiC. As soon as the Russian diplomat suggested that the convoy had spontaneously combusted... well I thought that was telling. I also have trouble accepting their official version more than the white helmets' version because of their continuing refusal to take accountability for any civilian casualties. Maybe they have their reasons as they may think that any admission will be used as the rope to hang them with. But in this instance, I think the official MSN version is the most persuasive version of events. Ymmv.....

It is persuasive, I'll give you that. But you should be open to the fact that you're being straight-up lied to in a deliberate way.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/21/russian-aircraft-believed-to-hit-syria-convoy-us-officials-say.html - "Two Russian Sukhoi SU-24 warplanes were in the skies above the aid convoy at the exact time it was struck late on Monday, two U.S. officials told Reuters, citing U.S. intelligence that led them to conclude Russia was to blame".

If it was an SU-24 that did the strike, then it probably used a precision air-to-surface missile rather than a general purpose bomb since the target was not guaranteed to be stationary. The only missile such missile that the SU-24 can carry is the KH-29.

Armament - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-24#Specifications_.28Su-24MK.29

1 × onboard 23 mm GSh-6-23 cannon, 500 rounds of ammunition.
Up to 8,000 kg (17,640 lb) ordnance on 8 hardpoints, including up to 4 × Kh-23/23M radio-command missiles; up to 4 × Kh-25ML laser-guided missiles; up to 2 × Kh-28, Kh-58E or Kh-58E-01 or Kh-31P ARMS; up to 3 × Kh-29L/T laser/TV-guided short-range air-to-surface missiles; up to 2 × Kh-59 or Kh-59ME TV-command guided missiles, Kh-31A anti-ship missiles, S-25LD laser-guided missiles, KAB-500KR TV-guided and KAB-500L laser guided bombs.
Unguided rocket launchers with 240 mm S-24B rockets or 340 mm S-25-OFM rockets.

So what do we know about the Kh-29L/T? It's a big one. It carries a 320 kg warhead stuffed with HE and is armor piercing. Big boom with lots of shrapnel in all directions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kh-29

look at *any* of the pictures of the burned out convoy. Do any of them look like an enormous bomb went off and sent shrapnel in all directions? If anything they look more as though a small bomb went off (mortar?) and then were left to burn.

Now these two US officials. Do you think they new that? If not, did the reporter do any fact checking before parroting what he was told? And where was the editor?

You want to know what's worse? Every last "respected" media source made the exact same claims with the exact same falsehoods. Even though completely contradictory evidence was clearly available. The tragedy is that this kind of propaganda works, even on a keen mind such as yours.

John Swanson
ScienceIsCool

24 Feb 2017 18:17

Those are interesting points and thank you for posting. I think we all will make up our minds one way or another, but those pieces of information are worthy of further consideration.
djpbaltimore

Re:

25 Feb 2017 12:49

ScienceIsCool wrote:We were told that this is a truck in the convoy that was "bombed".

This is what a hellfire missile does to a car.

John Swanson

Edit: I didn't state it explicitly so I'll add this addendum. A hellfire missile has a tiny 9 kg warhead. It would be pretty funny if Russia's airforce was using 20 pound bombs. The two SU-24 aircraft that the US says did the bombing is capable of using only one type of air to ground missile. The KH-29, which has a 320 kg warhead.

Do you see a crater? Because I don't see a crater.

Actually the SU-24 can also carry rocket pods, and a variety of precision a-g ordnance..not just the KH-29

http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/su24
User avatar Bustedknuckle

25 Feb 2017 14:17

Bustedknuckle wrote:
Actually the SU-24 can also carry rocket pods, and a variety of precision a-g ordnance..not just the KH-29

http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/su24

The S-24 and S-25 rockets it can carry aren't guided and are 120 kg fragmentation warheads. Basically they rip a large area to shreds with no discrimination. That's so very definitely not what the pictures show. It was also obviously not strafed with an SPPU-6's 34 mm rounds.

John Swanson
ScienceIsCool

Re: World Politics

26 Feb 2017 18:17

....file under just sayin' eh.....

Right now the Ukronazis have basically gone officially on record in declaring that they never intended to abide by the terms of the Minsk 1 and Minsk 2 agreements. Here is what Anton Gerashchenko, a special adviser to the Minister of internal Affairs of Ukraine and a member of the Board of the Ministry of internal Affairs of Ukraine openly declared on Ukrainian national TV: (emphasis added).

Let’s immediately say that the Minsk Agreements were not implemented from the day there were signed in Febuary 2015. This was a temporary measure on the side of the Ukraine and, I will be honest, a deliberate deception. Remember that the first Minsk Agreement was signed following the military disaster near Ialovaisk when we had no forces to defend the front from Donetsk to Mariupol. The second Mink Agreement was signed following the treacherous Russian aggression on Debaltsevo and the formationm of the “Debaltsevo Cauldron”. These agreements are not international agreements or anything else.

Needless to say, NOBODY in the West paid any attention to this statement, and why would they, after all, their line has always been that Russia is not abiding by the Minsk Agreement, even if Russia is not even a party to them (Russia is only a witness and guarantor). And if a senior Ukronazi official says otherwise, who cares?!

There is a strong feeling in Russia that Poroshenko is powerless and that the Ukronazi crazies are up to no good. Clearly, nobody in the Ukronazis elites has any intention of actually implementing the Minsk 1 and Minsk 2 agreements. That, by the way, might be a dangerous approach for a number of reasons:

First, these agreements were endorsed by the UNSC and every country out there, at least as far as I know. So Gerashchenko is wrong – the Minsk Agreements are binding under international law.

Second, the Ukrainian authorities recently found and released a document showing that Yanukovich had made an official request for a Russian intervention in the Ukraine. They wanted to show that he was a traitor. But in the process, they also showed that the last legitimate president of the Ukraine had made a legal request for a Russian intervention which might well mean that, at least in legal terms, any subsequent Russian intervention in the Ukraine would be 100% legal.

Even better, Yanukovich is still in Russia. And, from a legal point of view, you could make the case that he is still the legitimate president of the Ukraine. If the Yemeni President in exile Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi could ask the Saudis to intervene in Yemen, why would that not be an option for Poroshenko to ask for such an intervention in the Ukraine?

http://www.unz.com/tsaker/interesting-week-for-vladimir-putin-and-donald-trump/

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

26 Feb 2017 21:55

...the blutto post above imo goes into the heart of the western hypocrisy re. the long-suffering country of ukraine.

here's a devastating article about the human tragedy in a country claimed to join 'the choice of the free' after the glorious revolution. the source portal is not like anything connected to rt or sputnik. just a solid piece of investigative journalism from an american conservative portal.

Why Ukraine Is Dying A Slow Death (Literally)
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/why-ukraine-dying-slow-death-literally-19529
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

26 Feb 2017 22:44

I think the Ukraine people should be asked if they want Russian intervention. I think the answer would be illustrative.
djpbaltimore

PreviousNext

Return to General