Register

The 2018 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick

Re:

22 Aug 2018 07:07

HelgeBlendet wrote:Thanks for the update!
First week moving up again after the Giro (I think). Only bummer for me this week was thinking I picked Dombrowski and he finally did something, only to realise I didn't pick him. Looking at his results so far, I'm still kinda ok with my decision not to pick him though.

Bennett being in form and co-leading the Vuelta sounds nice for the next few weeks aswell. I probably won't do a Giro at the Vuelta, but the startlist is shaping up nicely again.

Join the club did the same
This weeks blog covers Israel Cycling, women's cycling welfare, and I try not get started on World Tour field size. http://sbbcolumns.co.uk/letstalkcycling-muses/ :D
User avatar manafana

23 Aug 2018 10:41

So Vuelta is here and this seems to be my team:

KRUIJSWIJK Steven
LÓPEZ Miguel Ángel
BRAMBILLA Gianluca
FORMOLO Davide
VAN POPPEL Danny
NIZZOLO Giacomo
WALLAYS Jelle

Most of these riders are on everyones' teams so my only difference-maker would be Kruijswijk...
PeterB

23 Aug 2018 14:00

I've got these five riders, could be fantastic, but I try not to put my hopes too high.

VALVERDE BELMONTE Alejandro
IZAGIRRE INSAUSTI Ion
LOPEZ MORENO Miguel Angel
BRAMBILLA Gianluca
NIZZOLO Giacomo

And thanks for all the updates!
User avatar DJ Sprtsch

23 Aug 2018 21:03

Here's my Vuelta team:

Alejandro Valverde
Gianluca Brambilla
Stephen Cummings
Davide Formalo
Andrey Amador
User avatar Koronin

24 Aug 2018 15:47

Vuelta for me:

Padun, Mark
Boswell, Ian
Restrepo, Jhonatan
Geoghen Hart, Tao
Van Poppel, Danny
Lambrecht, Bjorg
Nizzolo, Giacomo
Brambilla, Gianluca
Formolo, Davide
Carapaz, Richard
Bennett, George
Lopez, Miguel Angel

I'm looking forward to it, but it could also end in everyone underperforming or working for someone else.
HelgeBlendet

25 Aug 2018 15:20

I have the following for the Vuelta:

Benoot
Nizzolo
van Baarle
van Poppel
Brambilla
Mas
MAL
escartin

29 Aug 2018 10:27

52. WOODS Michael 09'29"
I think that might be my chance of winning the game gone. My team is doing great, it just seems that ruvu75 is holding up better at the end of the season.
User avatar Squire

Re: The 2018 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

30 Aug 2018 19:30

Update #33: A flashke of brilliance

Pardon the late update this week, I'm travelling - expect next week's at a similar time, I'll be driving full days the first few days of the week.

The opening week of the Vuelta brought a few races, but none of the overlapping GC points of .HC and above races that has been the norm the last month or so. The totals are relatively modest for the week, but there is enough of a difference between teams that it has created some separation in the top of the overall field.

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank Team Points this week
1 flashke 429
2 18-Valve. (pithy) 400
3 CQmanager 385
4 WKA311 378
5 kabete 356

flashke takes top spot with over 400 points this week! As is the case on lots of weeks here, it was a combo of rare picks that did it - namely the 128 points from Wout Wippert (4 teams) and the 100 from Timothy Dupont (3 teams), plus 74 more from the relatively rare gift that keeps on giving, Fabio Jakobsen, as well as a few dozen from a few riders. 18-Valve comes close but has to settle for 2nd place, as one of the other teams with Wippert and Jakobsen, but the slightly fewer points from Valverde (70) and Cosenfroy (52). CQmanager slides into 3rd with contributions from a different group, namely Nils Pollitt (113), Max Schachmann (92), and Rohan Dennis (88).

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 flashke (+9)
2 Koronin (+6)
2 WKA311 (+6)
2 Akuryo (+6)
2 laarsland (+6)
2 ansimi (+6)
2 18-Valve. (pithy) (+6)

It's late in the season and lots of teams have lots of points, so the moves aren't as big, which leads to a 6-way tie for second place. flashke translates the big week into a distinct win on this chart too, though.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 archieboy 221
2 Squire 220
3 greenedge 179
4 ChrisDK 173
5 Eric10 162

There is a change at the top! After scoring for the last 3 weeks in a row, including 12 points this week, archieboy moves into an ever-so-slight 1 point lead over Squire. No one else in the top 10 of this ranking scored this week.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (-) ruvu75 12741
2 (-) Squire 12595
3 (-) TheArt 12444
4 (-) Gigs_98 11764
5 (-) trackstand 11494
6 (-) PeterB 11287
7 (+3) Manafana 11227
8 (-) greenedge 11135
9 (-2) LosBrolin 11097
10 (+1) Eyeballs Out 11083

Not alot of change in placings, but a bit more separation at the top - ruvu75 continues a solid run with 245 points this week, to Squire's 153 and TheArt's 205. Those 3 are ahead by alot as they have been, but Squire is now about equidistant from 1st and 3rd. Things are a bit closer in the 6-10 slots, but not much movement there either. Eyeballs Out jumps into the top 10, while Bicycle Boy slides out.

Spreadsheet at dropbox
skidmark

30 Aug 2018 19:37

Thanks for the update. Of course my boys who have been giving me good numbers all year and still doing so now.
User avatar Koronin

06 Sep 2018 14:08

While my team is still in the Top 10, it is becoming pretty decimated towards the end of the season:

Thomas - ended his season. And I counted on him to score many extra points in the Worlds, where he should normally be among the best in all 3 disciplines...
Chaves - out due to sickness, very little likelihood of racing again this season
Gesink - out due to recent training crash, just before the Canadian races, the Worlds and Lombardia where he could score well over 100 points according to my plans :-)
Cavendish - out due to sickness
Lawrence Naesen - out since May due to sickness, but perhaps will return to racing this month but who knows in what form and what races he can do
Mamykin - clearly enjoying himself judging by his few recent instagram posts but hardly any points can be expected from him
Archbold - like Mamykin, no team, no races, no points
Konig - who knows what's up with him but definitely big fat zero this year...

How are your teams doing?
PeterB

Re:

06 Sep 2018 16:36

PeterB wrote:While my team is still in the Top 10, it is becoming pretty decimated towards the end of the season:

Thomas - ended his season. And I counted on him to score many extra points in the Worlds, where he should normally be among the best in all 3 disciplines...
Chaves - out due to sickness, very little likelihood of racing again this season
Gesink - out due to recent training crash, just before the Canadian races, the Worlds and Lombardia where he could score well over 100 points according to my plans :-)
Lawrence Naesen - out since May due to sickness, but perhaps will return to racing this month but who knows in what form and what races he can do
Mamykin - clearly enjoying himself judging by his few recent instagram posts but hardly any points can be expected from him

Ill swap Thomas for one of my guys still racing :mad:
del1962
Veteran

Re:

06 Sep 2018 18:52

PeterB wrote:While my team is still in the Top 10, it is becoming pretty decimated towards the end of the season:

Depends on which rider we're talking about. The ones with issues:

Roson - suspended
Cavendish - out with illness again
Betancur - great question, who knows, hasn't raced since May and doubt he will either
Fernandez - spent most of the first half of the season injured (At least he's now racing.)

On the positive side Terpstra has had a crazy good season, Hodeg is doing great and much better than I expected and of course there's the ever consistent and prolific winner in Valverde who is 2 wins of his all-time high win total for a season.

Summary, I've got some extremes on my team this year.
User avatar Koronin

06 Sep 2018 23:33

Update #34: Shawn with the wind

Another sort of transition week with the Vuelta stages in play and a few .HC races, but not much more, the median score wasn't too high, but there was still some pretty high scores at the top.

This Week's Top Scorers

1 Shawnm4747 598
2 trackstand 484
3 Total Package 453
4 Hakkie2 435
5 NairoQ 431

With very few points available outside of the Vuelta stages, the fact that Pascal Ackermann continued his unfathomably good season by winning both 1.HC races this weekend - netting 280 points - was a big boon to the 6 teams that continue to reap the benefits of owning him. Having Ackermann was a necessary but not sufficient condition for winning the week. Shawnm4747 takes the week on the back of those points, but also with over 100 points from Sagan, who now leads the CQ year rankings. Other decent points from Senechal, Van Poppel and Nizzolo help guide their team to first this week. trackstand scores a (distant) second place with points from Acerkmann, DvP, Nizzolo and a smattering from Ion Izagirre and Consonni, while Total Package nabs third from mostly some of the names above.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 Shawnm4747 (+14)
2 NairoQ (+13)
3 WKA311 (+6)
3 Total Package (+6)
3 Kryvo (+6)
3 Hakkie2 (+6)

Shawnm4747 wins this one again, although it's much closer to second place this time. NairoQ moves up a solid 13 spots in the overall, with of course Ackermann leading the way, and even 10 points from namesake Nairo Q. Third place is a four way tie.

This Month's Top Scorers

Rank Team Points this Month
1 trackstand 2042
2 comodoro 2010
3 archieboy 2008
4 kabete 1995
5 Akuryo 1859

It was a tight month at the top (and of course it's not a perfect 'month', ending a few days into September), but the surging trackstand takes top spot, moving ahead of the competition with a great final week. I know a team had around 2000 points in a single week earlier this year, so August was maybe not the biggest month, but those totals are very helpful in this game nonetheless. Let's take a look at trackstand's biggest scorers: Ackermann was by far the biggest (415 points!), but there were a number of other good performances in Alaphilippe (220), MA Lopez (195), Carthy (189), Nizzolo finally getting back on track (152), and Formolo, Izagirre, Terpstra, Consonni, DvP and even Ed Planckaert scoring over 70 for the month. comodoro comes oh so close but has to be content with just a great month, without even help from Ackermann - just solid months all around from great rare picks like Sepp Kuss, Ivan Sosa, Jan-Willem Van Schip, Ben Hermans, Dylan Van Baarle and Alvaro Hodeg. If it wasn't for some unfortunate seasons from high-priced picks Felline and Meintjes, their team would certainly be up there in the overall, as that's an impressive set of picks! archieboy also comes very close but ends up third on the month, with a big performance from unique pick Matej Mohoric (429!), as well as being the other team with Kuss and the only team with David de la Cruz (120).

This Month's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 Akuryo (+23)
2 comodoro (+21)
2 WKA311 (+21)
4 Blues in the bottle (+17)
4 Hakkie2 (+17)

A different leader here, with Akuryo having a consistent enough month to leap 23 spots in the rankings. Their team gets big points by being one of the only two to pick Kwiatkowski (who scored 509 in August), and one of 8 to pick Max Schachmann (259). comodoro is bridesmaid here again, tied with WKA311.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 archieboy 221
2 Squire 220
3 greenedge 179
4 ChrisDK 173
5 Kryvo 167

After some upheval last week, these rankings are a little more quiet, with Kryvo scoring 20 points to move into the top 5 overall (although more than a week's win away from top spot) but little movement elsewhere up top.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (-) ruvu75 12888
2 (-) Squire 12750
3 (-) TheArt 12588
4 (+1) trackstand 11978
5 (-1) Gigs_98 11836
6 (-) PeterB 11439
7 (-) Manafana 11300
8 (-) greenedge 11297
9 (+4) Bicycle_Boy 11263
10 (-1) LosBrolin 11256

Things are pretty stable in terms of places at the top of the table, and indeed the top 3 were only separated by 11 points on the week (Squire had the best week at 155 points), but the stratification at the top masks trackstand's steady move up the table. Despite scoring over 3-400 points more on the week than most teams in the top 10, trackstand only moves up 1 spot, and has a large gap to the podium. Bicycle Boy leaps back into the top 10 at the expense of Eyeballs Out, but that is with 209 points on the week - the rest of the top 10 scored between 72 and 162 on the week, so the movements weren't too big. This week is the Canadian races and more Vuelta, so we shall see what will happen.

spreadsheet at dropbox
skidmark

07 Sep 2018 00:29

Thanks to Valverde and Hodeg I had a decent week.

Thank you for the summary.
User avatar Koronin

Re: Re:

10 Sep 2018 08:36

del1962 wrote:

Ill swap Thomas for one of my guys still racing :mad:

At least you can still hope if your guys continue racing. Now Thomas and those 7 other guys are useless to my team for the remaining season. Althoug Thomas was kind enough to earn 6 final points in the ToB.
So now my team is effectivelg down to 25 riders...
PeterB

Re: Re:

10 Sep 2018 16:04

PeterB wrote:So now my team is effectivelg down to 25 riders...

Make that 24.
Coquard is out with a broken bone.
User avatar Squire

12 Sep 2018 18:59

Update #35: Blues in the bottle takes second week of the season

You've got some Vuelta, you've got the Canadian races, you've got the Tour of Britain won by a popular rider... things are chugging along to the inevitably massive GC week of the Vuelta coming up. Let's see how this week went.

This Week's Top Scorers

1 Blues in the bottle 664
2 Eric10 611
3 karaev 569
4 torcia_86 538
4 greenedge 538

Julian Alaphilippe, on 59 teams, would be expected to be the backbone of a winning team this week, scoring 224 points from the Tour of Britain as his solid season keeps rolling. With 0-picked Michael Matthews sweeping up the major points in Canada (and 0-picked Greg van Avermaet getting most of the runner up points), this was even more the case. And indeed, the winning teams this week were based off of the flying Frenchman. Blues in the bottle, who also triumphed 5 weeks ago, ends up on top with an impressive array of depth - their second highest scorer (MA Lopez) on the week was 80 points, and double-digit points scores from no fewer than 14 other riders (on top of the two mentioned) built a solid base to win the week. Eric10, who is also a previous winner (having won weeks 18 and 19), comes in a respectable second with Alapilippe's points and a major contribution from a rider that won their team the other weeks - (puts on Paul Sherwen voice) a certain Mr. Simon Yates. And if things don't go full Giro, expect to see Eric10's team up there again next week. Karaev lands in third place with Roglic points on top of Alaphilippe.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 Blues in the bottle (+14)
2 tom_jelte (+8)
3 DFA123 (+6)
3 zlev11 (+6)
5 WKA311 (+5)
5 Brullnux (+5)
5 kabete (+5)

It's late in the season so there's less dramatic movement in the overall, and Blues in the bottle doubles up here. A new name shows up in second, as tom_jelte moves up 8 spots, and DFA123 and zlev11 tie for third.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 archieboy 221
2 Squire 220
3 greenedge 203
4 Eric10 197
5 ChrisDK 173

Some happenings here, as greenedge (24 points) and Eric10 (35 points) move to within striking distance of the top (and, as I said above, with Simon Yates on the team, look out for Eric10 next week). Blues in the bottle also moves into a tie for 7th with the weekly win, although the top 5 shown here are the only teams within one weekly win - ie. 45 points - of the lead.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (-) ruvu75 13397
2 (-) Squire 13189
3 (-) TheArt 13011
4 (-) trackstand 12435
5 (-) Gigs_98 12317
6 (+2) greenedge 11835
7 (+3) LosBrolin 11766
8 (+5) kabete 11729
9 (-3) PeterB 11701
10 (+1) Eyeballs Out 11700

The rich get richer here for the most part, as everyone but the Alaphilippe-less PeterB scores between 423 and 538 on the week. ruvu75 extends their lead slightly (the highest scoring of the top 3 with 509), and kabete leaps into the top 10, while Bicycle Boy falls back out.

This week is Vuelta GC points! Probably the biggest week left in the game for the most amount of people - after this, the Worlds and Italian classics can give big weeks to a minority of players who have relevant riders, but the Vuelta is always when seasons start winding down and it becomes a game of 'who has riders left'.

spreadsheet at dropbox
skidmark

12 Sep 2018 23:00

Skidmark,
Thanks for the update. It's nice to be sitting on top of the world. I felt I was having a good week but first again wow-ee.
Blues in the bottle
Newly Registered Member

13 Sep 2018 00:57

Thanks for the update. For the most part I seem to have a combination of some really good and some really bad picks and a few nice pics.
User avatar Koronin

13 Sep 2018 01:45

Holy fudge balls I made profit
I think it is safe to say that spending over half my budget on Quintana, Porte and Landa was a Brilliant strategy this year
User avatar Tigerion

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Fantasy Cycling