Register

Error: 502 Bad Gateway

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderators: Daniel Benson, Susan Westemeyer, Irondan

Re:

10 Apr 2019 08:39

Robert5091 wrote:Has this problem to do with (from Feb 13 this year)
https://www.futureplc.com/2019/02/13/cycling-brands/
Future is thrilled to announce that it is adding two cycling brands to its consumer portfolio: Cyclingnews and the magazine Procycling, acquired from Immediate Media.

Yes. We have been trying to fix what we can, but we can do barely anything about the issues that are happening now, and because of the transition from Immediate to Future we haven't been able to get the help we need so far.

From what we've heard they think they've found the right person to fix the forum issues now, so hopefully we'll see improvements soon.
Veni, Vidi, Ricky

I came, I saw, I complained about a route design.
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

10 Apr 2019 09:36

Thanks for the update - I did see that Future had some ads online for IT guys/gals so I hope they find someone quick! :)
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

Don't mention Khashoggi! It’s a collusion witch hoax!
User avatar Robert5091

Re: Re:

10 Apr 2019 19:58

Red Rick wrote:
Robert5091 wrote:Has this problem to do with (from Feb 13 this year)
https://www.futureplc.com/2019/02/13/cycling-brands/
Future is thrilled to announce that it is adding two cycling brands to its consumer portfolio: Cyclingnews and the magazine Procycling, acquired from Immediate Media.

Yes. We have been trying to fix what we can, but we can do barely anything about the issues that are happening now, and because of the transition from Immediate to Future we haven't been able to get the help we need so far.

From what we've heard they think they've found the right person to fix the forum issues now, so hopefully we'll see improvements soon.

Thanks for this. I came in with Hot Words to say, but now I feel some hope :).
Alberto Contador=Legend!
Nibali joins Gimondi, Merckx and Hinault as only the 4th man to win all 3 GTS and 2 different Monuments (2018). A throwback rider in this age of specialization. Bravo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

12 Apr 2019 09:08

Lately I'm finding almost impossible to stay on the forum but is not anymore the 502 error.
After only a dozen of pageviews I always get a browser message that says that is impossible to connect to the site and I have to wait a couple of hours to be able to connect again.
At least with the 502 error if you try to refresh a lot of times then you can read the pages whereas with that is impossible to read all the thread and post something.
Nirvana

Re:

12 Apr 2019 12:09

Nirvana wrote:Lately I'm finding almost impossible to stay on the forum but is not anymore the 502 error.
After only a dozen of pageviews I always get a browser message that says that is impossible to connect to the site and I have to wait a couple of hours to be able to connect again.
At least with the 502 error if you try to refresh a lot of times then you can read the pages whereas with that is impossible to read all the thread and post something.

Yeah, I think that has been the case for everyone reporting recently. This became an issue as soon as (as a result of?) the 502 issue being sorted, but the same thread has remained for reporting and hope of finding news of a resolution.
User avatar Armchair cyclist

12 Apr 2019 12:50

My knowledge of this is limited, but I think it’s quite possible the 502 error and not reaching the server at all are very similar faults, possibly even caused by the same thing.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

15 Apr 2019 09:10

BTW would it not make sense to have a separate way of signalling this particular error
- during rather than after the event.
Perhaps a twitter hash tag #forum.cyclingnews.com or similar
(just saying)
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

Re:

15 Apr 2019 15:03

TourOfSardinia wrote:BTW would it not make sense to have a separate way of signalling this particular error
- during rather than after the event.
Perhaps a twitter hash tag #forum.cyclingnews.com or similar
(just saying)

It’s an intermittent error that doesn’t affect all users. We’ve had times when some mods can log in, some can’t, some can use mod tools, some can’t and so on. As such any error announcement would likely just confuse the issue as some could log in and some couldn’t.

In terms of the official Twitter feed, I don’t think anyone posting to it is involved in the IT development.

We’ve been told that someone should be working in this, we’ll keep bringing it up if things don’t improve.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

17 Apr 2019 05:24

Well it's still happening :(

IP blocking happening as I can access only via proxy - and even proxy servers are blocked after a while.
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

Don't mention Khashoggi! It’s a collusion witch hoax!
User avatar Robert5091

Yesterday 11:42

When I get locked out of the forum (with the non-connection issue), it seems to be for exactly 1 hour. When it was the Bad Gateway issue it would eventually display after a few refreshes. I haven't had the Bad Gateway issue for a few weeks but the connection issue is happening most days
User avatar Eyeballs Out

Previous

Return to About the forum