Register

Tour of Utah 2018, August 6 - August 12

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

12 Aug 2018 22:34

Robert5091 wrote:Chapeau Sepp Kuss! Impressive climbing.

Hope Lotto don't burn him out - 3 weeks of the Vuelta is a whole other kettle of fish!

Yeah after seeing him what he can do with a free role, it'll be difficult to watching him domestique again.
Image Quack!
User avatar Lequack

12 Aug 2018 22:51

That was a pretty funny descent, with Kuss going down it as gingerly as us mere mortals. He was quite right to do so obviously (and I bet the DS was screaming at him not to take the slightest chance).

What an animal the guy is on the climbs. You just don’t see guys who have more experience at the sharp end racing like that, just going at the bottom of the climb every day.
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran

12 Aug 2018 23:44

Of course we're getting a tape delayed broadcast and due to rain (heavy storms) and having satellite I'm missing a good portion of it. Hope I can find the replay on one of the local sports stations to DVR over night.
User avatar Koronin

Re:

13 Aug 2018 00:11

Koronin wrote:Of course we're getting a tape delayed broadcast and due to rain (heavy storms) and having satellite I'm missing a good portion of it. Hope I can find the replay on one of the local sports stations to DVR over night.

I think the Tour Tracker might have a replay feature, try it out, I think you can just scroll to the beginning of the video, but I can't try it myself:
http://tourtracker.tourofutah.com/
Image Quack!
User avatar Lequack

Re: Re:

13 Aug 2018 01:00

Lequack wrote:
Koronin wrote:Of course we're getting a tape delayed broadcast and due to rain (heavy storms) and having satellite I'm missing a good portion of it. Hope I can find the replay on one of the local sports stations to DVR over night.

I think the Tour Tracker might have a replay feature, try it out, I think you can just scroll to the beginning of the video, but I can't try it myself:
http://tourtracker.tourofutah.com/

Thank you, it does have replays.
User avatar Koronin

13 Aug 2018 04:16

Will be interesting to see how Kuss performs in the Vuelta - Will see how far he can get into the finals of lumpy stages - Better ride by Haig today, though expected he would have performed better - Haig will be the key lieutenant for S.Yates in the Vuelta.
yaco

13 Aug 2018 10:47

I've no idea how to translate these American races to Vuelta.

Kuss had some problems earlier in the year getting adjusted to WT level. In the Dauphine he was doing well as dom. And that's when things started to turn around. Be really interesting to see how he does in a race like the Vuelta. But tbh I do not expect too much. A good support role would already be something
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran

Re:

13 Aug 2018 11:35

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:I've no idea how to translate these American races to Vuelta.

Kuss had some problems earlier in the year getting adjusted to WT level. In the Dauphine he was doing well as dom. And that's when things started to turn around. Be really interesting to see how he does in a race like the Vuelta. But tbh I do not expect too much. A good support role would already be something

But perhaps they could use just send him in the breakaway to try to win some of these MTF stages. If he can fly up them like he did here they have a great chance of a stage win.
Image Quack!
User avatar Lequack

Previous

Return to Professional road racing